https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: CONFERENCE EIGHT  (Read 182448 times)

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
Re: CONFERENCE EIGHT
« Reply #570 on: April 26, 2018, 11:20:54 AM »
Congrats ivor, well deserved  ;)

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #571 on: May 02, 2018, 09:58:28 PM »
Welcome Magic Dancemat  ;)

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #572 on: May 23, 2018, 02:10:00 PM »
Well that is the worst 1st half of a season that i have ever had in conf 8  ::)

Really thought i had a good shout of winning this time around. Not a hope in hell now, hats off Lynne going unbeaten. top stuff  8)

Offline Angele

« Reply #573 on: May 24, 2018, 04:45:14 AM »

Really thought i had a good shout of winning this time around. Not a hope in hell now, hats off Lynne going unbeaten. top stuff  8)

Cliche,  cliche, It's only half time  ;)

Offline Angele

« Reply #574 on: May 26, 2018, 04:13:52 AM »

And there you go.

http://smokey2.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/match.pl?fixtureid=9151761

61% possession and 21 shots to 5 with my best line-up against the team 10th in the league that I whacked 3-0 earlier in the season and I didn't even get a draw.

I won't waste time wondering how that happened, the match engine does what it does (often, I'm sure, just to irritate us) but it has never like teams going unbeaten for too long --- that I learnt a long while ago.

So who is next up??  :) :) :)

Offline iwopp

« Reply #575 on: May 26, 2018, 07:40:17 AM »
That was a little harsh. I'd blame the ref  ;)

Michael McLintock   
Michael's a sucker for the underdog.
jellybellies

Offline MartinW63

« Reply #576 on: May 26, 2018, 08:42:14 AM »

And there you go.

61% possession and 21 shots to 5 with my best line-up against the team 10th in the league that I whacked 3-0 earlier in the season and I didn't even get a draw.

I won't waste time wondering how that happened, the match engine does what it does (often, I'm sure, just to irritate us) but it has never like teams going unbeaten for too long --- that I learnt a long while ago.

Looks like subs went in the wrong positions. A player out of position is worse than wrong boots apparently.....
FC Town Of Luton - Cheap and Nasty since 1964
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Offline Angele

« Reply #577 on: May 27, 2018, 12:54:18 AM »

And there you go.

Looks like subs went in the wrong positions. A player out of position is worse than wrong boots apparently.....

Not sure on what you base that presumption but the Subs' set-up was the same for all the day's matches (except the Friendly) so how did I beat Mixed Martial Farts and Jellybellies (both more highly rated than Glanford)?  Nah, I reckon I was due. I've seen it happen to other managers leading leagues (and even benefited from it), beat the better teams and lose, inexplicably, to a a team mid-table or lower. I'll be annoyed with myself if the result can be explained (with proof) but either way, as current players and managers love saying, we move on :-)

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #578 on: May 27, 2018, 01:41:08 AM »
100% players out of position Angele.

In your game vs MMF you had
12. A.Kaseltzer
13. R.Meeblind

Unfortunately for your league game these 2 appear to have change places
12. R.Meeblind
13. A.Kaseltzer

So you had a left back on the right and right back on left. By all means you can check this and explains your day results compared to your night result.

Hope this helps.

We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline Angele

« Reply #579 on: May 27, 2018, 05:58:56 AM »
No need to check if you say it's so.  :)

But how and why are questions that spring to mind.

And it's not the only odd thing that's happened in recent times

But maybe I'm cracking up. 

That'd be a laugh. Do they still do Valium on the NHS  :)

And would you be wanting any after last night? Or d'you think Glanford has suddenly taken on mystical qualities ;-)

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 06:25:53 AM by Angele »

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #580 on: May 27, 2018, 01:27:17 PM »
Glanford took out the Jellies last night. Got a decent team when the manager sets up!!

Offline MartinW63

« Reply #581 on: May 28, 2018, 07:13:56 PM »

And there you go.

Not sure on what you base that presumption but the Subs' set-up was the same for all the day's matches (except the Friendly) so how did I beat Mixed Martial Farts and Jellybellies (both more highly rated than Glanford)?  Nah, I reckoned I was due. I've seen it happen to other managers leading leagues (and even benefited from it), beat the better teams and lose, inexplicably, to a a team mid-table or lower. I'll be annoyed with myself if the result can be explained (with proof) but either way, as current players and managers love saying, we move on :-)
Wasn’t a presumption, I looked after you posted the link. The performance stats showed something wrong. I have experience in stupidity, my one loss this season so far was for exactly the same reason!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Offline Angele

« Reply #582 on: May 29, 2018, 12:39:00 AM »

And there you go.

Not sure on what you base that presumption but the Subs' set-up was the same for all the day's matches (except the Friendly) so how did I beat Mixed Martial Farts and Jellybellies (both more highly rated than Glanford)?  Nah, I reckoned I was due. I've seen it happen to other managers leading leagues (and even benefited from it), beat the better teams and lose, inexplicably, to a a team mid-table or lower. I'll be annoyed with myself if the result can be explained (with proof) but either way, as current players and managers love saying, we move on :-)
Wasn’t a presumption, I looked after you posted the link. The performance stats showed something wrong. I have experience in stupidity, my one loss this season so far was for exactly the same reason!

Ah but I make LOTS of bad decisions --- and for many varying reasons. As I clearly proved and failed to notice while you did. So I claim be (current) champion stupid ;-)

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #583 on: May 30, 2018, 11:52:21 PM »

i have just noticed we have 5 teams in the top 10 of FL1. No wonder this conf is getting harder every season. Hats off  8)

Although it is tough to have get a crack at the champions shield i think its better to have the competition. long may it continue... dell boy siad he might pop back  ;)

Offline MartinW63

« Reply #584 on: May 31, 2018, 10:17:36 AM »
To be honest Bill, I’m getting a bit of a nosebleed being that high in FL1! 😆

Have not won C8 for over 20 seasons now. I did win C5 with a team I built with minimum credits a while back just to prove to myself I could do it (just not in C8). It’s the strength in depth I guess, anyone in the top 12 can on their day cause an upset.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️