https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Titanfall  (Read 31662 times)

Offline jman

Re: Titanfall
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 12:01:05 PM »
me not got one  :-[

FUCK EA!  >:(

Don't suppose you have a spare late ?  :'(
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:04:43 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 12:50:54 PM »
Sorry mate. Three applications, but only one was successful.
I'm fighting the urge to sell the one I have on ebay, actually. All reports say the game's fantastic even in beta, and I'm definitely buying it next month so could easily wait - and the codes are going for around £25-£35!

Pretty sure I'll keep it, though. I'm really psyched about the game, and I don't know all the ins and outs of ebay and paypal (wouldn't want to sell it only to have the buyer put in a dispute next Tues when the beta ends!)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:03:36 PM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 04:29:59 PM »
Would a PC code be any use to you, Kieron?

They've naffed up and sent me two codes - one for xbox one and one for pc.

Was gonna shift it on ebay but it's yours free if you want it.

Installation is via Origin client.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 01:44:31 AM »
Managed to squeeze half an hour in early this evening. That allowed me to get through the tutorial, and play two games.
Early impressions are very good - I had a lot of fun.
The AI is pretty weak, though. Either that, or the AI units just don't have enough health/firepower to add anything to the game. Either way, you'll find you're racking up loads of kills - but you're not actually killing any players. Which is a little frustrating.
Aside from that, though, everything looked good. Running and jumping around are fluid and intuitive, not to mention bloody good fun; the game mode I played (basically Team Deathmatch) was fun; the maps seem very good - with a nice mixture of open space, close combat, and verticality; and the Titans themselves seem a lot of fun - though I need to get some more practice in them.

I'm unable to get back on it at the moment. It just says no servers available. Looks like it's a bug and they're looking into it - and have been doing so for over three hours now.
Such is life, on Betas.

Offline jman

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 08:14:54 AM »
Cheers for code late, not sure if I'll use it though, really wanted the xb1 version

So I've done just under 30% of ryse in about 2-3 hours.  It looks fucking gorgeous, no complaints about that.  The storyline is pretty good so far too, I'm no historical buff, but I love the setting.

Now the bad stuff - it's completely linear and it has very little depth, which can make it feel boring quite quickly.  Basically you follow one path, from setpiece to setpiece, most of the setpieces are fighting a mob of enemies, but you get the occasional one, where you have to move past enemies or kill them from distance, etc.  The fighting is like batman, not as fluid, but the executions are excellently gory, there are QTEs in the executions, but you don't have to get them right to pull off the execution, so they are pretty unobtrusive.

Ok, it's not going to win any awards for its gameplay, crytek have basically created a half decent fighting system, created some amazing graphics and called it a game, hopefully the next few chapters I'm on will have some variety to them to keep the game chugging along, I doubt it though

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 08:34:05 AM »
I'll take the PC code if you guys don't want it.  :P

Offline Late

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 12:21:30 PM »
I swapped the PC code for an Xbox code yesterday and sent it to you by pm on here - did you get it Kieran?
Feel free to forward it to Kenny if you won't get a chance to use it.

Offline jman

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2014, 01:49:13 PM »
Oh right, sweet, didn't realise you'd done that, cheers mate. Will have a little go tonight after the footy

Edit: installing now  ;D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 02:45:09 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 03:45:25 PM »
Have just received another code for xb One. Check your inbox on here, Kenny.

Damn but I should be selling these - I've had three codes each worth about £25-£35 now Lol.

Offline Late

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2014, 04:42:34 PM »
Ffs stop spamming me, EA.

I've now had seven codes...

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 05:33:38 PM »
Cheers Late you hero.  ;D Downloading now.

Offline jman

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2014, 08:00:31 PM »
OMG I love titanfall  :o 8)

Edit: played 4, won 4, averaging around 45 points per game, 2.7 avg deaths against players.. Guys we need to hook up and play as an SL team, it's so much fun
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 08:15:57 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 02:16:58 AM »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 07:43:01 AM »
I should be back on Titanfall for quite a bit tonight if anyone fancies hooking up in a party, just invite me in... I think the beta ends on Wednesday  :(

Offline Late

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 08:18:30 PM »
The beta was supposed to be until tonight (6pm PST, which I think is 2am here). Have they changed it?
Sorry we only got one game earlier, mate. If you're around late tonight I'm up for more.

My k/d is weak (around 0.7 I think) but I always score very well - am top scoring player in about half the games I play. I don't kill many pilots but I grab and hold objective points well, and I decimate titans with merry abandon ;)

It's extremely rare I switch weapons from my primary. I occasionally use my sidearm (like once every ten games or something). Haven't used my titan weapon since the first hour or so of playing. So much easier (and more satisfying) to just jump onto the back of titans and empty a few clips onto their brains. :D