https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Titanfall  (Read 31666 times)

Offline harv

Re: Titanfall
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 10:25:56 PM »
Had an awesome dream last night Involved playing a game in real life that was a mixture of paintball, Halo (Halo weapons shooting paint that looked like Halo ammo when shot and luminous paint when it hit), video game kart racing and football lol. ;D ;D ;D

Probably the most fun (that's able to be printed in a family newspaper) I've ever had in a dream. There was a bit of Star Wars thrown in somewhere too but can't remember how it factored in lmfao ;D

And I haven't played video games that much this last week or so either :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 12:14:37 AM »
That's alright, that was my first game of domination, so I was pretty poor running round like a headless chicken for most of it.. I've realised its the best game on the playlist though.. so been getting plenty of practice in and like yourself, usually finish as the top 1 or 2 now.. its easy to get points just by sitting there defending for a long time if no-one comes to a specific point, think I got 850 attack, 2500 defence, 10 pilot kills and 1 death in one of my better games, pretty much saved a base all game for us... I think I prefer the angel city map to fracture.. I stick my titan on auto guard most of the time, acts as a good guard dog, letting you know when there are enemies there... pretty useless against human controlled titans though..  I found a good group earlier, some really close games, 400 vs 398 was a killer for them as we nicked it in the last 10 seconds....but most of them stuck it out for over 2 hours.. but I'm knackered now, so off to bed.. I can see myself playing this a lot when it comes out though.

Offline Late

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 03:38:04 AM »
Yeah I despise campers in most modes on COD but in something like Domination game mode it's a solid strategy - so long as there's a good mix on your team.
I always sprint to the furthermost checkpoint on the map right at the start (preferably using a sprint burn-card) and hold it until I get a titan - then leave it to guard that spot while I help on the other two places.

According to my challenges I've played 9.3 hours. Not bad for a free demo. There's £40 games I haven't played that much!

I enjoy the Evac thing at the end of each match, too. (And success gives high value burn-cards.)

Can't wait to play the full game next month. :D
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2014, 08:56:41 AM »
Yep that's one of my favourite tactics too as everyone else goes for the middle spot first... using stim and the sprint burn card is great at first... if the rest of the team holds the middle spot straight away then you have all 3 hard-points straight off the bat.. you get a bunch of noobs though and everyone just holds the first hard-point before moving on.  I sometimes go for the middle spot, but don't capture it, camp until the first opposition player tries to capture it and kill him before going for the capture.

Its a great game, but still no halo beater IMO... Capture the Flag 4v4 and Big Team Battle 16v16 are two of my favourite gametypes.. but I cant see either of those being in the full release of Titanfall.  Plus I think it really does miss the 8v8 standard action that most FPS multiplayers have... I can appreciate why it is limited to 6v6 as it does get a bit hectic when you have 5,6 or 7 titans roaming the map.. so it'd only get worse with more human players.

I played one game of Last Titan Standing.. got absolutely creamed.. didn't think much of the mode though.

Think I ended up with an avg kill/death of 1.3 in the end.. domination certainly brought it down a lot lol.. must of played for about 5-6 hours last night.. probably wont play it again until the full game now.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:58:30 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 09:49:57 AM »
Never even tried Last Titan Standing. I'm okay in one, but I prefer being on foot.
I do love the execution moves when you're in the Titan, mind. Punch an occupied one in the chest while it's critical, pull the pilot outta there, and crush him in a giant mech fist. Satisfying :D
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2014, 04:42:48 PM »
Leaked info on Titanfall. All unconfirmed, but seems legit.
I'm in :D

Maps:
•angel city
•colony
•fracture
•relic
•airbase
•boneyard
•corporate
•outpost 207
•lagoon
•rise
•smugglers cove
•overlook
•nexus
•o2
•training ground

Weapons:
•p2011
•p2011sp
•p2011_auto
•w1128
•r97
•b3wing
•rspn101_carbine
•m1a1_hemlok
•lmg_hemlok
•g2a4
•car101
•rspn101
•at_rifle
•rspn101_dmr
•SMR
•satchel_charge
•data_knife
•titan_vortex_blocker
•xotbr16
•thr_40mm
•caber_shot
•proximity_detonator
•frag_grenade
•defender_charge
•shoulder_rocket
•sentry_turret
•auto_rocket_launcher
•titan_triple_threat
•titan_sniper_rifle
•titan_rocket_pod
•titan_arc_rifle
•titan_sniper_rifle
•titan_shotgun

Game Modes:
•AT - Attrition?
•TDM - Team Deathmatch?
•CTF - Capture the Flag?
•LTS - Last Titan Standing?
•HP- Hardpoint Capture?
•VM - Variety Mode (a mix of all the other modes listed, sans campaign)
•Campaign Multiplayer

Perks:
•auto_eject - Auto Eject
•build_up_nuclear_core - Nuclear Ejection
•dash_recharge
•dead_mans_trigger
•defensive_core
•doomed_time - Survivor
•enhanced_titan_ai
•fast_reload - Fast Autoloader
•hyper_core
•icepick
•longer_bubble - Dome Shield Battery
•marathon_core
•minimap_ai - Minion Detector
•ordnance_pack - Explosive Pack
•power_cell - Power Cell
•run_and_gun
•shield_regen - Regen Booster
•stealth_movement
•titan_punch
•turbo_drop - Warpfall Transmitter
•wall_runner - Enhanced Parkour kit

Pics etc. available here

Offline jman

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2014, 03:02:55 PM »
Hey I'm sold if they have Capture The Flag..  ;D

Surprised at the little variety of game-modes overall though, we need Zombie Titans!!  Doesn't make sense?? Screw you!!

I take it Attrition is some kind of horde mode maybe??

Turns out I did receive a beta code in the end on one of my email accounts (the one linked to my profile), but not till late on the Saturday, whereas I'd already installed it at that point.

Offline Late

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2014, 03:38:25 PM »
Attrition is one of the two game modes you played in the beta, dipstick ;) 

I, too, am a bit surprised that there's so few game modes. There's effectively only five there, and we've seen three of them. (Or would have seen three had anyone been interested in trying Last Titan Standing.)

Still, there's quite a lot of maps, and there's loads of perks, and equipment and an okay selection of weapons, so I'm happy.

Offline jman

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2014, 04:44:32 PM »
What's the difference between team deathmatch and attrition then? Lol

Offline Late

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2014, 07:54:46 PM »
Tis a good question!

Offline harv

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2014, 08:31:12 PM »
I'm surprised that nobody has 'borrowed' the Bounty Hunter mode from The Conduit yet. Each player is given a target, points gained for killing your target and points lost if you killed anyone else. High Voltage did a fair few things wrong with The Conduit but that's the most entertaining multiplayer mode I've ever played. Probably wouldn't work with bloomin great big mechs though.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2014, 10:09:13 PM »
That sounds a lot like Assassins Creed's multiplayer

Offline jman

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2014, 12:02:52 AM »
Think one of the reasons why halo multiplayer is so awesome was their varied game-modes they had.. big team battle, capture the flag, assault, double team, king of the hill, vip, infection, oddball, territories, invasion, swat, grifball.. the list goes on.. I rarely played just normal deathmatches, each game-mode would usually have a whole host of variations too... CTF and Assault in particular were always my 2 very favourites..

Offline harv

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2014, 12:03:13 AM »
Never played the Assassin's Creed multiplayer but it's a great idea. It's good because you get penalised for killing the bounty hunter that's after you. Makes the game a bit mental lol ;D

High Voltage did 'borrow' Oddball from Halo (or was it Gears, can't remember..?) though, with the skull being replaced by the ASE that's in the game...think they called it ASE Football.

Offline Late

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2014, 02:36:22 AM »
Damnit I should have booked a day's holiday.

Titanfall is fully downloaded and installed.  8)