https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: CONFERENCE TWO  (Read 524320 times)

Offline davo

• Marching on Together. Leeds Leeds Leeds
Re: CONFERENCE TWO
« Reply #1230 on: May 31, 2013, 02:55:55 PM »
Sorry about that extra goal Davo.

no worries mate. could've gone either way

sdepiano1

« Reply #1231 on: May 31, 2013, 06:06:52 PM »
At least I got to set up this time (don't quite remember the circumstances that prevented me from doing so in the first place, but probably had nothing to do with the game glitches lol)

Sort of annoyed to be setting up again though, didn't miss the game at all. ??? Maybe I'll be more excited again when the new season comes around and I have something to play for again lol. ;D

You definitely set up your tactics last time. I don't understand what the point in lying is when you claim you have nothing to play for. Whilst some others admitted defeat you just blamed it on 'forgot to set up my tactics'. It's not your fault, its catgames error but i dont see the point in lying. I know it is uncommon for me to get a result against one of the big boys in this league but i don't need to rely on them not turning up. I was silly to leave my tactics the exact same

Offline Chili

« Reply #1232 on: May 31, 2013, 07:03:51 PM »
It's not a lie, I never got around to set my ATs the first time. My ATs were clean before setting them last night. I wasn't trying to make excuses for my first loss, I was just glad to have been able to set up. Without the rollback I probably just would have taken the opportunity to quit, because there was a great number of games I didn't bother to set up on afterwards. And I honestly don't want to give up all those games again just to be a good sport. If it was for the league title I definitely would have, but not for a game I was pissed off for not setting up in the first place.
Port Morrow/Colour City

Offline romy

• Dynamo St Jude
« Reply #1233 on: June 01, 2013, 04:02:47 AM »
Oh lmao - C2 the "gentleman's" division - my arse
Dynamo St Jude

Offline Chili

« Reply #1234 on: June 01, 2013, 04:55:14 AM »
To be fair to the rest of C2... I just got here from C3. ::) :-[

I fully realise the fair thing would have been taking responsibility for not showing up when my opponents did, it's not like I'm trying to justify it. I just don't like being accused of being a liar. It just so happened that bunch of games I didn't have an opportunity to set up (and later bothered out of frustration due to the glitch putting half of my team out of business) are getting replayed, and it boiled down to whether I wanted to be fair and done with this game or a douche and still somewhat enjoy logging in.
Port Morrow/Colour City

Offline davo

« Reply #1235 on: June 01, 2013, 06:52:10 AM »
Everyone is entitled to play the game as they wish to. There is absolutely no requirement to throw a game just because the server was rolled back and the game was replayed. I let Kush beat me for many reasons.

Firstly: We both set our teams up and had what I considered to be a fair game. The stupid match engine did gave a reasonable result.

Secondly: My team is languishing in mid-table so I am not in danger of relegation and am pretty unlikely to make it into the TCL next season.

Thirdly: Bearing in mind number 2, and the fact that Kush may have ended up beating me if I had not thrown the game, it was a cheap way of making myself look like a decent bloke.

Lastly: It's just a game.

People complain when there has been a blatant travesty with how the match engine interprets the game, but nobody ever says that, due to the injustice, they will throw the return game. It's hardly any different if the game throws somebody up a bit of luck once in a while.

In different circumstances I would have told Kush I was redoing my tactics.

I do feel sorry for sdepiano1 because, regardless of how the result happened, it was a good scalp. But to be honest, any team that gets relegated in a division with 2 CPU teams can't really have cause to complain, regardless of being "docked" 3 points. I don't think sdepiano1will have any worried. It is more likely that it could stuff up his chances of an ICC spot.

sdepiano1

« Reply #1236 on: June 01, 2013, 08:38:17 AM »
It's not a lie, I never got around to set my ATs the first time. My ATs were clean before setting them last night. I wasn't trying to make excuses for my first loss, I was just glad to have been able to set up. Without the rollback I probably just would have taken the opportunity to quit, because there was a great number of games I didn't bother to set up on afterwards. And I honestly don't want to give up all those games again just to be a good sport. If it was for the league title I definitely would have, but not for a game I was pissed off for not setting up in the first place.

I geniunely did think you set up the first time based on the fact that the games you didn't set up the day after you got slaughtered by 5+ goals. I can't be sure though and for that I do apologise if I have wrongly accused you.

Offline Brads

« Reply #1237 on: June 01, 2013, 12:10:29 PM »
Right then back to the job at hand!!

Another favour tonight davo please  :D
Steel City Blades - I will win everything even if it takes me forever to do it!
Flashing Blade - "Got any leeches for this?"

Offline davo

« Reply #1238 on: June 01, 2013, 12:59:46 PM »
Right then back to the job at hand!!

Another favour tonight davo please  :D

I shall do my best to hand you your 3rd championship in a row and, at the same time, wreck any chance that I had of winning the "who will finish top of each conference" comp.

I just think that it is funny that stato, in the interest of fairness, goes into the game with 4 awol players again.......still that didn't seem to affect him last time.  ;D

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #1239 on: June 02, 2013, 02:13:18 PM »
I hope it don't rollback again to the night games. I whipped the CPU 32-0 .... Lovely goal difference there which might be crucial at the end of the season.
Cat Games do not screw this up for me  ???
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline Stato1

« Reply #1240 on: June 03, 2013, 08:23:30 PM »
Brads if tomorrows nights game is played again I will play attacking until 2-0 down then play Counter Attack

Stato
Leeds Legends FL1 Champions Season 32

Stato Leeds Again Moved To 1-1-4 While Rebuilding

Offline davo

« Reply #1241 on: June 03, 2013, 11:11:37 PM »
I'm taking the rollback as a sign and setting my team up with new tactics, so Kush you will have to beat me fair and square and I don't expect deca to throw the match against me. Stato - I would appreciate it if you would still go to Derbyshire again for a few days.

Offline Brads

« Reply #1242 on: June 03, 2013, 11:43:48 PM »
This isn't fun anymore  >:(
Steel City Blades - I will win everything even if it takes me forever to do it!
Flashing Blade - "Got any leeches for this?"

Offline davo

« Reply #1243 on: June 04, 2013, 03:01:24 AM »
Bugger. Now it is not going to be fair to Kush because he won't be changing his tactics if the games are played today (15 mins from now).

So, I am going to look like a complete tool if I set up 90mins Attack on the assumption that Kush plays 90 mins of defence to counter my previous tactic of 90 mins CA.

I think the fairest thing I can do, all things considered, it to play 90 mins of Def  in case the game is played today - that way we both get a chance.

Thanks CG for giving me us 5 hours notice that the server was going to be restarted and the games played.

I just hope that sdepiano1 wins his game  ;)

Offline davo

« Reply #1244 on: June 04, 2013, 04:18:03 AM »
hehehe. Looks like I was destined to lose that one 3-0 afterall....