https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: CONFERENCE TWO  (Read 531783 times)

Offline Marv999

Re: CONFERENCE TWO
« Reply #1995 on: February 23, 2017, 03:54:25 PM »
Jon, just noticing that i checked out both your team attributes, doesnt seem to be much in it to be honest, its definitely strange Marv took 3 points playing passing in muddy conditions. Both of you had 30 mins TA and you had the higher aggression the whole match. Apart from the home advantage i think Marv you just got lucky lol

On a totally unrelated note the Madbastids are 2 for 2!!!  8)

Looks like the must of the matches tonight the home team are favourites
lucky is a tad harsh lol. I think stats wise my squad just edges it, even if it is just slightly the game basically revolves around player stats.
Also home advantage would have counted for something.

Also in this case higher aggression wouldn't have counted for any advantage, I actually remember reading a thread years ago about refs in this game and people found reading butch gravelnecks bio playing pansy actually worked in their favour. People risking normal aggression or over found they were getting way to many random red cards with him, so I've always stuck to pansy. Higher aggression means very little to me, it counts for basically nothing, and again I'm sure higher aggression is not mentioned anywhere as being advantageous. I simply play what I know I can get away with with fewest injuries and cards as possible.

As for the muddy pitch someone find me where it says you can't play passing on a muddy pitch. All I can see is that it actually recommends using passing over use wings, and use wings should only be used as an alternative:

Playing Style

The best style of play to employ depends on the weather conditions for the match.
  • Note that although "Use Wings" is not listed next to any of the weather conditions below, it is a good all-round style. Meaning it will always work well, but should only be used as an alternative if for example you have injuries/suspensions/awols which limit your team selection.
Normal - Passing or Longball
Hot - Continental
Windy - Passing
Rainy - Longball
Snowy - Longball

As suggested above its quite clear that windy conditions suits passing, hence my choice in the game last night, and every game with those weather conditions. I've not found anything to suggest playing conditions for pitches, only weather conditions. So apart from a muddy pitch requiring studded boots, unless I'm being blind, there's nothing to suggest anywhere that use wings is the favoured style of play, only that it's actually slightly less effective if anything.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 04:04:58 PM by Marv999 »
Old Fullerians AFC (Main team) + Newcastle Legends (experimental)

Offline Jt21

« Reply #1996 on: February 23, 2017, 04:08:25 PM »
Passing was always a no no in muddy conditions years ago but that has seemed to have been relaxed like the having to play 523 longball has too. No complaints marv I guess I'm still living in the past with thinking I should of won the game

Offline Marv999

« Reply #1997 on: February 23, 2017, 04:16:28 PM »
Passing was always a no no in muddy conditions years ago but that has seemed to have been relaxed like the having to play 523 longball has too. No complaints marv I guess I'm still living in the past with thinking I should of won the game
trust me there was quite a few games last season where I thought I should have won  :o ;D
To be fair I'm sure the match engine had played differently over the last season or 2, I personally feel it's closed up the gap between the big 20 or so top managers and the bunch behind.. it's made for some really close games in tight conferences!

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #1998 on: February 23, 2017, 04:26:22 PM »
yeah i was going to mention butch gravelneck, im too much of a pansy to play normal with him, thought it was quite a ballsy move on Jons part. Your stats are a bit better Marv im just saying about passing in muddy conditions, that to me is the kicker. Noones being victimised here (especially since in my head i think i deserve to win every game lol)  :o
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline Jt21

« Reply #1999 on: February 23, 2017, 04:45:14 PM »
I guess I've still not quite ever moved on from the days of a 523 longball game between two good sides being a guaranteed 0-0!

Offline Marv999

« Reply #2000 on: February 23, 2017, 05:38:03 PM »
I never remember seeing anything in all my years stating passing on a muddy pitch is a nono! Hey ho.. you lot keep using use wings and I'll keep using passing  ;)

I remember when 523 used to be the thing for a muddy pitch.. 0-0 was a regular.. seems that 451 is the favoured formation at the moment on the match engine.. use wings is still a grey area for me.. I try to avoid it where possible but if I know my opponents going to use it I'll use it to match them and hope my player stats prevails

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #2001 on: February 23, 2017, 06:51:42 PM »
I cant see what our next league match is played on Marc because im not a member, can you check if its a muddy pitch please?
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline Jt21

« Reply #2002 on: February 23, 2017, 06:55:59 PM »
Not a member dave? I'm sure Davy would have something to say about that 😉

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #2003 on: February 23, 2017, 07:12:03 PM »
Flashhearts are but madbastids are all voted credits, Davy doesnt stand a chance this season 😉
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline davywinter

« Reply #2004 on: February 24, 2017, 11:46:53 AM »
Haha. There's no awards handed out for being top after 3 games Dave  :-*
Winter Milan

Offline davywinter

« Reply #2005 on: February 24, 2017, 11:47:42 AM »
Match Day 4 (Sat night games)

Winter Milan