https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Landlords  (Read 20947 times)

Offline harv

Landlords
« on: January 28, 2014, 06:39:06 PM »
Any of you had problems..?

My landlord is an absolute skinflint. I realised not so long ago that after we had squatters in two of the flats downstairs E-On removed two of the four electricity meters because they were being fiddled. So for a while I've been paying for the electricity for my flat and one other and the guy in one of the flats downstairs is paying for 2 flats too. I've been taking the money for half of the electricity I'm paying for out of my rent and have been for a while even though I haven't put my heater on that much.

This has been going on for a while, he said he'd sort it out in the Summer and no dice. So last month I texted him saying I'd had enough and until he got it sorted I'd take all of the money for the electricity out of the rent. 4 weeks later he has contractors working for E-On doing what needed to be done before the meters are installed. Then an E-On bloke comes around to put the meters in. But he doesn't have a parking permit and neither does anyone in the building. So he fucks off lol.

So now we've had a dodgy electrician around to jerry rig the thing and now I have THREE FUCKING FLATS running off my electricity Lmfao :o ;D ;D ;D

Fucking useless. >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

Re: Landlords
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:54:10 PM »
I've just sent a snotty text to my landlord that I'm going to be charging £70 DET (Dodgy Electricity Tax) on top of what I'm paying already. That's an extra £70 in my pocket, paid for my new guitar! 8)

It's not as if I haven't given him ample opportunity to sort things out.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 10:51:05 PM »
Any update?

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 11:26:26 PM »
Yup, got this reply back lol

Sorry about all this, why do you think that all 3 are on your meter. ? We are working hard to get it sorted, i didn't work out but was beyond our control. If it doesn't workout with Eon then we will just put sub meters and that it. Sorry again we are working to resolve this long outstanding issue. Good night. Josh

Lmfao, he makes it sound like it's all E-On's fault. It's been a 'long outstanding issue' because the fucker has been sitting on his arse for ages. He only got things this far because I told him that he was paying the electricity for the two flats instead of me until he got it sorted out.

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 11:31:40 PM »
Has your relationship with him always been this way? Or did it start out good? Is this the only issue you've had? I don't mean to stick my nose in. Its just interesting. Being a tenant of a rented property myself.

Offline harv

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 11:48:19 PM »
He's always been that useless lol. I've been living here for probably 12 or 13 years and have had 3 different landlords/letting agents in charge of the building and they've all been the same. Really slow to get things done and then when they are getting done they do everything on the cheap which long-term is a REALLY stupid thing to do. They pay a pittance for cowboys to do the work using shite materials and a year or two later they have to do it all again.

My Mum and step-father have a place that they rent and he's in the building game so everything is done properly, they've hardly spent a penny on it after buying the place and doing it up.

I think I'm going to move out soon, I'm just fed up with it all. >:(

£775 pcm for the flat too, and it's only a studio flat (although it does have a separate kitchen).

Mind you, now that I'm charging him £70 per month DET and he's paying for all the electricity I don't mind if he takes months to sort it out now lol ;D :P ;D

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 11:56:35 PM »
Have you spoke to the guy downstairs who you said is also paying for two? What does he make of it all?

Offline harv

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 12:02:06 AM »
He's had it worse than me lol, the other bloke in the flat downstairs that he's paying the electricity for has his heater on ALL FUCKING NIGHT :o

That other bloke has his own meter now so I don't think he'll be doing that for long lmfao ;D

I think he's been doing the same as I was until last month and taking half of the electric amount out of his rent.

Offline jman

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 08:33:01 AM »
I thought you moved about a year or so ago harv ??

My landlady is excellent.. after the first year we ditched the letting agency she was using - she got more money back from the rent and I didn't have to pay stupid renewal bills.  I don't think I've seen her for about 8-9 months when she came round to replace our shower - she just lets me get on with things now and I don't mind if she has to pop over to check stuff out, my neighbours are all old fuddy duddys though.  I've been living there for 5 years now, I got the flat on my own, but its too small for both of us now.. we started a house fund in November.. we've saved 3k, but we need around 12k realistically before we can even think about buying a house... and because we will be relocating, it might mean I will have to move jobs.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:14:53 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 09:28:46 AM »
Nope, still in the same place. The wonderful Tory government put down the Housing Benefit that people get a few years ago. It used to be set so that you could afford to rent 5/10 places locally but they changed it to 3/10. And of those 3/10 I'm going to need to find a landlord that's okay with tenants receiving benefits and is okay with Georgie Porgie.

Hopefully when I eventually get the Social Worker I've been waiting years for he/she will be able to help me get out of this place. It's really not helping my mental state living here at the moment. :(

Offline harv

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 02:06:35 PM »
Arthur, the bloke downstairs that has his heating on all night, is now the only flat in the building with his own meter. He had 10 quid on his meter last night and had 3 quid left this morning lmfao. I think he may need to get another duvet lololol ;D

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 02:16:59 PM »
Key meter? I'm not keen on them. The cash flies off them meters.

Offline harv

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 03:22:10 PM »
Yup, but it's very handy to keep small regular payments going for people like me on a low income.

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 02:24:53 PM »
Hows it going with the landlord harv?

Offline harv

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 02:41:35 PM »
Haven't heard anything back since his reply and don't mind lol. He's paying for the electricity for the three flats plus £70 per month DET so I don't give a monkey's how long it takes him sorted, it's all coming out of his pocket until he gets it sorted lmfao :P ;D ;D ;D