https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Landlords  (Read 20919 times)

Offline iaskthequestions

Re: Landlords
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 10:41:37 PM »
Lets us know if any updates. Interesting stuff. As it's probably a very common situation. You hear some right horror stories of slumlords etc.

Offline harv

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 12:43:58 AM »
Yup, will do.

My hot water has also been dodgy for a while but I was putting that down to the (what was at the time) two flats going through one meter. It's a bit weird. If you turn the water on fully the light comes on the thingy on the wall but the water is luke warm. So you have to slowly turn it on until the light comes on and it'll get hot but after 30 seconds or so the light goes out and it goes cold...so you have to turn it on a little bit more for the light (and heat) to come on again. Once you've done that a few times the light stops going out and the water is hot.

Will see how things go once he eventually gets the meters sorted, might need a new element or something but it's pointless getting it looked at until I know the electric is sorted.

Am also going to get him to sort out some new furniture, both of my armchairs have springs gone so you need to put a pillow down to stop yourself falling down the hole lol. Baby steps...baby steps lololol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 07:38:51 PM »
Josh is going to get a shock this week when he looks at his bank account. I've spent £210 on electricity plus £70 DET, he's only getting £470 rent lol. Think he's going to sort this out sooner rather than later lmfao ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 10:37:26 PM »
So what do the other 2 tenants think about their electric being on your meter?

Offline harv

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 12:47:46 AM »
One hardly speaks a word of English so fuck knows lol, he's in Flat C. I'm in Flat D. I was originally paying for my flat and Flat C. Not sure what sort of deal he had going with the landlord, I just know that for a good while I was taking half of what I was paying off the rent with me not knowing how much juice I was personally using. Last Winter I hardly had my heating on and was paying a fortune for electricity I wasn't using.

Then I recently decided to take the whole lot off the rent meaning the landlord was paying for both flats. It was only then that he got off his arse to actually do something about it. And now I've decided to levy him with £70 per month DET.

The guy in Flat B was in the same position as me, but even worse, because the guy in Flat A has his heating on all night lol. So he's also been badgering him to get things sorted. I think it was me having enough and insisting that he pays for all of the electricity (first for Flats C and D and then more recently for Flats B, C and D) that's finally spurred him into action though. And this DET should help to spur him on a little more hopefully.

The guy in Flat B, Kevin, did offer to give me some cash since 3 flats have been using my electricity but there's no point in him doing so because I'm not actually paying for it anymore.

I'm doing fine with this arrangement now, he can take as long as he wants now because I've got free electricity and am getting an extra £70 in my pocket every month until it gets sorted out lol. That's what's paid for my new guitar 8)

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 01:04:59 AM »
So what do the other 2 tenants think about their electric being on your meter?

Wow, you really do ask all the questions, don't you? lol

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 10:43:34 AM »
I like to know all the facts  ;D

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 08:28:48 PM »
How did josh enjoy his reduced rent and DET add on today??

Offline harv

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 09:39:51 PM »
No idea, not heard anything yet. ;D

And he's going to have more bad news soon. Kevin downstairs told me earlier that he's being sanctioned by the DSS because he hasn't applied for enough jobs during the last fortnight...which probably means his Housing Benefit isn't going to be paid lol ;D

Silly sod. He's not the sharpest knife in the draw so probably doesn't understand about agreeing to do these things with the Jobseekers Agreement thing. He's in his 50s and I think this is the first time he's been out of work for a while. And it wouldn't surprise me (given that he's white) if he's been the victim of racism by some fat black African woman with attitude. Happens all the time.

Whenever I've had any sort of problems with members of staff in the Job Centre or Housing/Council Tax Benefit offices it's almost always been with fat black African women with an agenda, the only exception was a black African bloke. You always know you're going to get a fair shake of the dice with white Europeans, black Europeans and especially black West Indians but as soon as you see a black African behind the counter you're guaranteed to get grief of one sort or another. :-\

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2014, 02:44:17 PM »
Oh dear. Its all mounting up to blow then.

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2014, 12:25:13 AM »
Hows it going harv??

Offline harv

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 12:29:29 AM »
Still no change, which suits me just fine lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2014, 12:38:29 AM »
Madness. He's losing money.

Offline harv

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 01:13:12 AM »
Yup, I know. And I reckon he only started to get things done when I told him he was paying for all of the electricity lol. Not sure what he's up to tbh, I just know that I've got my heater on full blast all day and most of the night lol ;D

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 12:26:45 AM »
Another week gone. How are things ticking along??