https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Landlords  (Read 20944 times)

Offline harv

Re: Landlords
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 12:40:20 AM »
No change lol. I'm also putting money on a week in advance ie, I still have 50 quid on the meter but have put another 70 quid on my key today...just in case he gets it sorted out tomorrow. Means I'm always going to be 70 quid up whenever he does eventually sort things out lol :P ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2014, 05:45:16 PM »
Still nothing? Blimey he really doesnt give a crap.

Offline harv

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2014, 08:53:35 PM »
Nope, although the electrician that jerry rigged my meter talked to Kevin downstairs to ask him to get a parking permit for the E-On guy last week so something is going to happen soon I think. Got to make sure I put another 70 quid on my key so that I'm still at least 70 quid up no matter what happens lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM »
Why has kevin downstairs got to sort out the permit issue? Why isnt the landlord sorting that?

Offline harv

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »
Because the landlord isn't a resident here I think.

If I had known weeks ago when the guy from E-On was here that he needed a parking permit I would have paid his parking fee instead and taken it out of my rent. Would have solved a lot of hassle.

Like I said before, I'm glad it's worked out this way because I'm £70 up if he gets it sorted tomorrow and £140 up if he doesn't sort it before I pay my rent lol ;D

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2014, 03:42:00 PM »
Any update Harv?

Offline harv

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2014, 04:06:55 PM »
Nope, no news. Suits me though lmfao ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2014, 04:19:15 PM »
Aw bum, Kevin just gave me a shout and told me the electricity is getting sorted on Thursday. Oh well, it was good while it lasted lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 01:49:59 PM »
Let us know how it goes. Had any contact with josh? Or is the other tenant just updating you? Time to stick 70 on the key :)

Offline harv

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 02:00:47 PM »
Stuck 70 on the key on Monday lol

Means I'm only going to be 70 quid up this month and that's currently on my key. There's around 70 quid on the meter and 70 on the key so I won't have to reserve any money for the meter out of my budget for a good while so I should have a good extra few quid in the bank for a while. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 02:01:38 PM »
Oh, and haven't heard from Josh at all, just Kevin downstairs.

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »
Sorted???

Offline harv

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2014, 02:07:46 PM »
Lmfao, no. Not completely lol. Forgot to post an update yesterday.

The guy from E-On only put in one meter, for Kevin's flat. Turns out Flat C is under a different supplier lololol. So I've gone from 3 flats running off my meter back to 2 again. Oh well ;D

Quite handy for me as long as the other supplier doesn't sort it out before I pay my rent on the 31st. Although it does mean that once it gets sorted I'll have £40 in reserve on my key instead of £70. So I'll be £110 up instead of £140 (£40 on reserve on my key and £70 on DET).

Offline harv

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2014, 04:20:34 PM »
Forgot to update this thread. Received a letter on Saturday saying that I was £1,180 in arrears for my rent. Tried phoning the office earlier but the woman that sent the letter isn't in the office until tomorrow.

She's actually got to couple of things wrong. Firstly I'm £1,300 in arrears lol.

She's also got the payments wrong too. I've always paid my rent in arrears because the Housing Benefit is paid in arrears so my payment on the 9th January, which she's put down covering 09/01/14 to 08/02/14, is covering the rent period from 09/12/13 to 08/01/14.

So that goes in my favour. They've also got electricity paid credit incorrectly down as £670 when it should be £330, so no idea where that's come from lol. ;D

My rent arrears are £1,300 which by the time I pay my rent on the 31st will be covered by £760 electricity receipts + £210 DET + £330, the correct figure for last year's electricity receipts.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I told Josh in a text on the 28th January that I was charging them £70 per month for DET and he didn't mention it when he replied which I've taken as acceptance of my terms. Probably won't stand up in court lol. And I'm certainly not paying that £210 quid no matter what happens.

I don't think they're going to be willing to take me to court over it anyway because the flat and communal areas are in breach of several conditions that Councils have in place for private rented accommodation. And they're serious safety breaches too. :o

Offline harv

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2014, 11:41:16 AM »
Sorted. ;D

Blimey, that woman was a bit of a pushover :o

I felt like a bit of a bully lmfao :-[ ;D