https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 680787 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #660 on: July 29, 2012, 12:00:45 PM »
Gave up on Metro. Too frustrating putting a full clip into someone to no avail while they simultaneously sound an alarm and take you down with two rounds. And that was after lowering the difficulty.

Am now playing Darksiders. Seems to me like it's Zelda for Goths/Emos. Explore, collect souls/gil by smashing every object and killing every baddie with your sword, clear a dungeon, buy new weapons and health etc from a shop/demon in each town. Pretty decent game, to be fair. I don't like the controls - seem a bit confusing - but I should get to grips with it a bit better as the game progresses.
Don't fully understand the story, but who cares - it's fairly incidental.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #661 on: July 30, 2012, 05:03:37 AM »
Gotten back into Skyrim as of late, Just recently finished the Mages quest-line...So boring...Every mission was just a dungeon fetch quest, and you're always running into the same enemies and every dungeon looks the same too.

Started the Companions quest-line...Not too far into it, but guess what, the first proper mission had me doing an incredibly long winded dungeon fetch quest...YAY!  ::)

If it continues like this, I'll probably put it down again and come back another time...Can't be arsed with games that are heavily reliant on questing missions and just throw you the same shit with a slightly different lick of paint constantly...Though I do wanna get into the Dark Brotherhood and do their missions, they were by the far the best questline in Oblivion.

Offline Late

« Reply #662 on: August 01, 2012, 03:37:29 PM »
Link to EA's live showcase tomorrow evening. Highlights will include:
BF3: Armored Kill;
MoH: Warfighter;
FIFA 13;
Madden NFL 13; and
SimCity.

Personally, only psyched about SimCity from those titles, but with such a list of blockbusters there's something for almost* everyone.

*No sign of horsies - sorry Harv.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #663 on: August 02, 2012, 08:15:38 AM »
SimCity 5 is gonna be awesome.. cant wait for that... I will literally plough hundreds of hours into it.

82% on Lego Harry Potter 2.. this game is dragging.. it'll be finished by the weekend, but its just getting on my tits now.. probably should of used a guide on this one, would of been so much faster to finish.

Offline Late

« Reply #664 on: August 02, 2012, 01:06:03 PM »
Found it too easy that instalment, tbh. You get one of the multiplier red bricks very early, so all the "True Wizard" things are done easily, without trying, and pretty soon you have the bricks for "advanced guide", "locate character studs" etc. - so a second playthrough of each level and a sweep of the castle pretty much completes everything.
Did have to have a look at a guide for one character stud, mind. Was in the castle's woods where they keep the thestrals. I knew exactly where it should be, thanks to a flashing indicator, but turns out I needed to jump on a nearby rock for it to appear. :|  Not in the slightest bit difficult, but bloody frustrating because it seems to deliberately make you look in the wrong place.

Offline jman

« Reply #665 on: August 03, 2012, 08:15:28 AM »
Sweet.. EA announced Army of Two : The Devil's Cartel last night - Link

For offline co-op games.. AoT is one of my favourites along with Gears.. so definitely happy about this news.. although Salem and Rios wont be the lead roles anymore.. Visceral Games (Dead Space) are developing it this time and it'll use the Frostbite 2.0 engine.. so new stuff had to be expected - good stuff hopefully.. but I'd be suprised if they dont at least continue some of the story of The 40th Day and show what happened to Salem and Rios afterwards.

Offline Late

« Reply #666 on: August 03, 2012, 09:10:37 AM »
Reply #666. Evilness abounds.

Skyrim's "Dawnguard" dlc is now available on PC.
Apparently there's issues on the PS3 version, so that'll be delayed a while longer:

We are not satisfied yet with Dawnguard’s performance on the PS3. We would like for everyone to have a chance to play Dawnguard, but we aren’t going to release it for PS3 knowing that some people’s experience in Skyrim will be worse. We do everything we can to have our content available to all; from our free updates, to user mods, to paid DLC. We’re as disappointed as our fans when that isn’t the case, but we’ll continue to push for that reality.

Offline styles

« Reply #667 on: August 03, 2012, 09:53:57 AM »
Anyone played the skyrim dlc?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #668 on: August 04, 2012, 03:09:35 AM »
MGS4 trophy patch is out monday!

Looks like an expectedly tough list too - and yes, you have to collect all 40 emblems!

(Edit : There isn't a trophy for collecting all 40 emblems directly, but you need to collect all iPod tracks, of which there is a track awarded for achieving all 40 in game emblems, just incase anyone is wondering!)

Offline jman

« Reply #669 on: August 04, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »
Finished Harry Potter this morning.. only got stuck on one thing.. a missing SIP which eventually I found...

so I should of started back on Witcher 2... but went down blockbusters and ended up buying 4 games for £20* instead  ;D

RUSE - 78% - (the only game I actually wanted out of the deal)
Alpha Protocol - 63% - (sounded a bit like Deus Ex)
Dirt - 83% (played before.. never got round to buying any of them though)
Call of Juarez : The Cartel - 47% (oops.. serves me right for not checking before purchasing - bought the wrong one)

Put me back up to 71 games.. I feel a 2nd set of culling is in order soon  :o

*actually cost me £18 as two of the games didnt have manuals.. and refused to pay full price for them..

Offline harv

« Reply #670 on: August 04, 2012, 06:56:03 PM »
I was going to continue my playthrough of Halo after watching the Mars/Curiosity Horizon but my bloomin batteries ran out...normally have some handy just in case but forgot to charge my spare pair. My 15 minute charger died on me a while back too so I'm having to wait 10 hours to charge my batteries now. Might have to get another one of those 15 minute jobs I reckon!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #671 on: August 04, 2012, 07:55:09 PM »
Cant recommend these Rechargable Battery Packs enough... had mine for over 2 years, no problems whatsoever... no need to wait for the recharge, plug and play!!! You can get them less than that price too if you look in the right places.  I have a spare wired controller just in case anything does go tits up with them though.

Offline harv

« Reply #672 on: August 04, 2012, 08:17:33 PM »
Cheers for the suggestion and link but not necessary for me as long as I remember to recharge my AA batteries. Going to get another 15 minute charger though I reckon, will be better because I can recharge both AA and AAA batteries in next to no time ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #673 on: August 04, 2012, 11:49:10 PM »
Well, RUSE is as expected.. good strategy fun.. 2nd world war.. you move your troops like a general would around a scale model of the battlefield.. easy so far but good... only played a few levels.. probably far better on the pc..

DIRT is great, I had played it before, but forgot how good the rally mode was... takes me back to the good old days of Colin McRae and V-Rally.. used to love those games.. disc is mega scratched though and twice now my console has been unable to read it... hopefully I can finish it quite quickly, then take it back for a refund/exchange.. because I wont get much for that game if I try to sell it on.. especially without a manual, not sure how blockbusters can accept shit like that tbh.

Alpha Protocol - wondered why this game got rated so badly at first.. the tutorial and training at the start is great and it does remind me a lot of deus ex with the hacking and such.. the dialogue options in the game are plentiful, a bit like Mass Effect.. and your responses and actions do have an effect on the future plot.. or so Im led to believe...you can choose how to respond (in real time) to questions.. I was using "Suave" for all the conversations with women, but it was more Dirty than Suave lol.. as an effect, all the women hate me in the game, so probably missed a load of stuff already, dont really care though.  Also dressed my character up in a beret and aviators, proper gay boy... LOL..

Anyway, its quite apparent when you get into the real missions why the game got some bad reviews, the AI is proper dodgy and the controls are a bit fiddly, I managed to blow myself up by throwing a grenade at a wall instead of around the wall... then got stuck on a part of the level trying to run away... however I reckon I can see past the niggles... the plot is quite good and I like the deus ex elements... it also stands out from deus ex with its excellent dialogue feature... glad I got this one now!

Edit : Also forgot, I bought Enslaved : Odyssey the other day for £6.. heard differing reports on it.. but cant grumble for the price really..
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:55:54 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #674 on: August 08, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »
You all know how I love the Lego games. I usually wait for a year or so and pick them up for about £15, but I couldn't resist ordering Lego Batman 2 (£22.99 @ Sainsbury's Online). Got good reviews, and it's less than 2 months since it came out. Screw waiting another 6-12 months to see if I can save about eight quid.

Still enjoying Darksiders. Been taking my time, finding hidden stuff and doing a bit of grinding to unlock extra moves etc. I think I'm very near the end on that, now. Will definitely get Darksiders 2 - but I'll wait 'til it's sub £20 (it's released next week).

Torn on whether to get the new COD when it comes out in November. I swore I wouldn't, as the single-player is a short experience and I didn't get into the multiplayer at all on the last instalment - but Blops 2 is looking good...