https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 685532 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3270 on: July 13, 2015, 01:25:06 AM »
Fucking hell, Iwata has snuffed it :o :'(

Maybe we'll get someone in to replace him that is a bit more clued up on what the Western gaming world wants..? :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #3271 on: July 13, 2015, 04:07:34 AM »
RIP Iwata-san.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Online jman

« Reply #3272 on: July 20, 2015, 07:43:26 AM »
Nearly finished Assassins Creed : Black Flag now.. I know a lot of people say its one of the best.. I personally don't think it comes anywhere near AC2 in terms of story or gameplay. 

In fact the story missions feel like some of the worst.. there is just so little variety to them.. and tailing and listening in to conversations is just dull and frustrating.  Gun and sword play feels slow and clunky and the controls still do my head in... perhaps it has always been this way?  It has been a while since I played one...

Sailing the high seas and upgrading your ship is great and it is the core mechanic of the game I suppose.. I just feel that everything else is a little bit stale.

Offline Late

« Reply #3273 on: July 24, 2015, 01:00:39 AM »
Playbox 4one.
Playstation 4 and xbox One combined into one laptop (and yours for only about £1700).

He's got a few other cool designs. I like his R2-D2 playstation 4 laptop.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3274 on: July 24, 2015, 11:38:56 AM »
Omfg, I would commit blue bloody murder for one of those R2D2 ones!!! :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3275 on: July 30, 2015, 09:41:19 PM »
ZombiU - or rather Zombi lol - is coming to the PC, PS4 and One as a digital only title. I can't see it being anywhere near as stressful and tense as the original though without the GamePad use. Still, it's a great game so I'm happy that more people are going to get the chance to experience it.

Online jman

« Reply #3276 on: August 06, 2015, 11:46:41 AM »
Got my Rare Replay the other day and tried it out for an hour last night.

Blast Corps is still addictive as ever :D lovin that... played a bit of Atic Atac too, looking forward to finally being able to beat it... bit older and wiser since I last played it  ;D

Online jman

« Reply #3277 on: August 06, 2015, 12:03:20 PM »
Xbox Gamescom news in brief for people who may have missed it :

Halo Wars 2 announced - really excited for this.. love an RTS, hope they can move it into a good direction.
Quantum Break - gameplay demo and release date set - April 6th 2016
Crackdown 3 - gameplay demo
Scalebound - 8 minute gameplay demo.. open world RPG.. actually looks very, very good.
Backwards Compatibility launching fully in November
Full DVR Functionality coming (subscription free)..

This link has all the info (plus links) on.

Offline Late

« Reply #3278 on: August 06, 2015, 05:54:02 PM »
I posted my thoughts here.

Crackdown and Scalebound both looked great, and We Happy Few is now firmly on my radar.

Online jman

« Reply #3279 on: August 07, 2015, 09:22:40 AM »
One thing they announced just before Gamescom was that Gears Of War Ultimate Edition will contain all the previous Gears titles (as backwards compatibility titles) as well.  As a gears fan, I probably owe it to myself to buy this.. cant help but feel a tad disappointed though as I would of liked a brand new game.. not just another anniversary rehashed title.

Looks like I wont need to play the Banjo games in the Rare Replay collection again.. as I've already completed and obtained all the achievements these should all unlock when I attempt to start each game again.  Good in a way.. but I was looking forward to completing these games again and unlocking the achievements again.  Unsure if I 100%'ed Nuts & Bolts though.. will have to check that out.  Be good to increase my pathetic 50gs I got on Perfect Dark Zero.. that game always bugged me when I used to look through my achievements as it was one of my lowest scores on any game.. if I remember rightly.. I got stuck on one level and didn't want to change difficulty.. so gave up on it as it was a pretty shite game.

Online jman

« Reply #3280 on: August 10, 2015, 10:49:23 AM »
Nearly finished Blast Corps... just all the bonus missions to finish off.. and then get a platinum medal.

I forgot how frigging frustrating it can be in parts.. but its been great to re-play one of the better N64 games I owned... lot of nostalgia there.

I'm having a blast with the collection for under £20.. this could keep me going for a long time.. what I'm doing is concentrating on one of the bigger games (i.e. Blast Corps) whilst playing the smaller arcade games in the background (Jetpac/Atic Atac).  So after Blast Corps I'm probably going to give either Conker/Jet Force Gemini/GBTG a go as my central game.  You forget how hard some of the older games are.. thank fuck there is a 10 second rewind button to cheat on a few lol.. although I keep forgetting to use it.

Offline harv

« Reply #3281 on: August 10, 2015, 04:31:57 PM »
Yup, those games were done before the upper management of game publishers realised that the easier games are the quicker idiots like me can test them lol. That's also why the average play through time has dropped too. It means that testers can play through a build from start to finish at least once during a working day.

I reckon the average play through time these days has to be around 6 hours or so. :(

Online jman

« Reply #3282 on: August 11, 2015, 11:03:58 AM »
There is a thin line between a hard game and a frustrating game though...

and most older games fall into the frustrating category if I'm being perfectly honest.

Offline harv

« Reply #3283 on: August 15, 2015, 02:52:10 PM »
Have just started to mess around with the Elder Scrolls Anthology. Found a mod for Oblivion that uses the Morrowind assets and runs it using them with the Oblivion engine which basically gives you the Morrowind game playable from Oblivion with the same eye candy quality as Oblivion. Looks pretty good.

Only problem is that my Oblivion mod that adds 360 controller support doesn't allow you to use the A button for some reason. Going to see if it's just Morrowind or if A also doesn't work with Oblivion too. If it also doesn't work with Oblivion then I've obviously messed something up somewhere. :-\ ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3284 on: August 15, 2015, 03:27:23 PM »
Yup. I've messed something up somewhere lol.

I also fucked up the Morroblivion mod too somehow. When you click on New it's supposed to bring you to a character creation screen that looks like it's in a fiery pit, and after you've created that character you can choose whether you want to go to wherever Morrowind is set or wherever Oblivion is set (forgotten the name of both now, am getting old and senile lol).

But in my case you just jump straight into Morrowind lol