https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Rocking Soccer  (Read 76260 times)

Offline davo

• Marching on Together. Leeds Leeds Leeds
Re: Rocking Soccer
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2013, 02:58:36 PM »
problem is that none of the other SL people can join the same division....

Offline Brads

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2013, 03:10:55 PM »
Atleast we got in the same league before the season starts will be fun finishing bottom lol
Steel City Blades - I will win everything even if it takes me forever to do it!
Flashing Blade - "Got any leeches for this?"

Offline davo

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »
I don't think there's any danger of you finishing bottom mate. Your team is pretty good.

I do hope this means you'll all be supporting the Aussies in the up and coming ashes series :)

Offline Stato1

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2013, 03:30:45 PM »
Yep I always support the under dog who are really bad and have no chance of winning  :)

Stato
Leeds Legends FL1 Champions Season 32

Stato Leeds Again Moved To 1-1-4 While Rebuilding

Offline Stato1

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2013, 03:34:10 PM »
And Brads you should do well your teams a lot better than mine or Davo's got a couple of million pound players my best is 380000

Stato

Offline davo

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2013, 03:54:40 PM »
....and my best defender just got injured for 25 days  :o Makes SL injuries look tame...

Offline Stato1

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2013, 04:42:01 PM »
Lol this time difference is hurting my head its saying its Wednesday  :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 06:30:03 PM by Stato1 »

Offline turkey21

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2013, 07:11:36 PM »
played my 1st game vs Stato,lost 4-0 not sure exactly what i am doing though

Offline Stato1

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2013, 07:38:31 PM »
It's ok no of us do I take it when you started you pick a young team I did that and got beat 4-1- 4-1 and 5-0 so I started again and picked an old team the players are a lot better

Stato

Offline sarahm

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2013, 10:28:05 PM »
Not to sound like a kill joy!

But I am shocked this thread has been allowed to continue. If I owned or ran a business which cat games is supposed to be ( allegedly ) that a rival/ competitor is being advertised and talked about within  my company I would not allow it for 1 minute. Never mind days on end lol

take that as you will, as no offence meant to others and I hardly blame you for trying something different just sort of sums up the lack of management here imo

Offline ipfreely

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2013, 11:16:59 PM »

But I am shocked this thread has been allowed to continue. If I owned or ran a business which cat games is supposed to be ( allegedly ) that a rival/ competitor is being advertised and talked about within  my company I would not allow it for 1 minute. Never mind days on end lol

take that as you will, as no offence meant to others and I hardly blame you for trying something different just sort of sums up the lack of management here imo
Agreed - it's a symptom of our exasperation and catgames' apathy.  I would never have considered talking about other games until the seemingly constant rollbacks began to erode my patience.
Wasting away the hours since 2005
Teams: Little Thursbury and Chipping Maston (littleleaps)

Offline davo

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2013, 11:35:35 PM »
The old catgames server did not allow it, but there is nothing to disallow it in here. Of course CG may decide to delete the thread but I think that would be unwise.

SL is more than just a game, it is a community of people who have been playing the game for, in my case, 10 years.

I don't intend giving up playing SL and neither, I imagine, do any of the other players that also have a team on Rocking Soccer.

I am not sure that "General" was the best forum to post this thread in, and "Football Competitions" would have been more appropriate - but as people only ever seem to post in "General" I figured it'd just get ignored.

Offline Brads

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2013, 06:54:08 AM »

I must admit I did contemplate locking the thread at 1st but in the end I thought I'd leave it to an admin to decide its fate!
I don't see much harm in it as I'm sure most of us play multiple online games anyway, we just don't usually advertise the fact
Steel City Blades - I will win everything even if it takes me forever to do it!
Flashing Blade - "Got any leeches for this?"

Offline sarahm

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2013, 09:04:56 AM »
I wasnt having a dig  ;)

just expressing my opinions and worry about cg

Offline davo

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2013, 11:45:20 AM »
I didn't see it as a dig at anyone.

I initially started the thread off saying that I hope it wouldn't be classed as breaking the rules as I know it was back on the old CG server forum (and would have been closed down in a heartbeat by the likes of Anfield7).

There is nothing in any sticky about it, which may or may not be an oversight - but really it is Terry's call.

I don't think there is any harm in discussing other games on here as it is not going to have an effect on this game. All of us who are mad enough to still put up with the fragile server and the idiosyncrasies of the match engine will probably be here until CG flick the switch.

The forums are getting a bit quiet on here and this has, at least, generated a bit of interest amongst a few. It has also shown up Brads and Stato as wannabe Aussies :) I think it's a bit late for the ten pound pom scheme - but they can maybe go to Indonesia and get themselves on a leaky boat.

Another point of view is that whilst we are on this server, we feel much more affiliated to SL. If this thread got closed down we would end up having to set up a thread on the other game and spend more time over there.

Over time we may also be able to encourage people from Rocking Soccer to come over here - so it's a bit of a two way street.