https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Conference One Discussion  (Read 180449 times)

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
Re: Conference One Discussion
« Reply #645 on: September 02, 2020, 09:15:13 AM »
The big one! Looks like both teams will be at full strength so could be a cracker. I think a draw would be just about good enough for you Brian at this stage so hopefully the home fans will be my 12th man and get me through.

Good luck Brian should be a good one  8)

Offline Brian G.

• Administrator
« Reply #646 on: September 03, 2020, 03:37:33 AM »

Well done Joe.
  The title must be yours now and you keep hold of the CSI/Touchnplay Cup for another season.
     :) 8) :)
CSI-Franchise
Forest Supporter since 1955.  Good old Div3(South).
We came, we saw, We conquered.  We will again.🙂😎🙂

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #647 on: September 03, 2020, 11:05:07 AM »
Thanks Brian, another close game didn't see me winning by 2 goals but hopefully that should be enough to see me across the line for this season  :D

The battle continues in FL4 which you've beaten me twice so overall its 2-1-1 to you this season. Consistency is going to be so important to see where everyone finishes in the FL.

Good luck for the rest of the season mate  8)

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #648 on: September 08, 2020, 02:58:19 PM »
9 games to play and only 4 points separate the top 4.

Great season so far and very highly competitive  8)

May the best team win  :)
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline bonzai

« Reply #649 on: September 08, 2020, 09:34:05 PM »
And I spotted the top 4 all play eachother on game 25, 28 and the last one.
I think this might go down to the last day of the league.

Good luck to all of you, hope to be there soon too.
FC Schwalbe
Pilsners of Belgium

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #650 on: September 09, 2020, 12:27:55 AM »

Thanks mate, I'm sure you will up there battling the title very soon. Also, good luck in the ICC final.
Fantastic achievement to get to the final mate. Hopefully you bring the cup back to C1 but always difficult against Nish!
Forum Admin

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #651 on: September 11, 2020, 11:40:47 AM »
What a cheap way of losing my unbeaten streak.

Psycho for the full 90 minutes and 3 players injured lmao .... Ruthless aggression it is then!
Forum Admin

Offline KnightStars

« Reply #652 on: September 11, 2020, 01:24:15 PM »

Psycho for the full 90 minutes and 3 players injured lmao .... Ruthless aggression it is then!

i am sorry for the injuries, any long-term injury sucks. On that balance, we both got one and you had two mild concussions which isn't so bad all things considered, which could have happened with nutter just as easily. The substitutions at 1 minute is a gamble, and this is the price. Ultimately that was the aim on the tactics side i had to try something so that the base tactics can be "even" and the result went with that in the end (imo).

It was set to go to nutter if i was losing by 1 (i believed if you went 1 up i had no chance) and to normal if losing by 2 (abandoning the aggression tactic completely). i only divulge that, to show there was absolutely no malice in using the tactic (the only time i use it with malice is against saiyan warriors). if i recall, you once said you use the psycho as a tactic too -within reason. if your mind has changed, i missed that (not that it would have changed my style of tactic for this game)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 01:28:25 PM by KnightStars »
•BLUE •RED •GREEN •BLACK •PURPLE •WHITE •YELLOW •REBEL

Offline KnightStars

« Reply #653 on: September 11, 2020, 01:31:36 PM »

Thanks mate, I'm sure you will up there battling the title very soon. Also, good luck in the ICC final.
Fantastic achievement to get to the final mate. Hopefully you bring the cup back to C1 but always difficult against Nish!

just spotted this properly, well done on reaching the final bud! your Schwalbe team has bested me a fair few times of late, i look forward to the final!

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #654 on: September 11, 2020, 02:19:19 PM »

i am sorry for the injuries, any long-term injury sucks. On that balance, we both got one and you had two mild concussions which isn't so bad all things considered, which could have happened with nutter just as easily. The substitutions at 1 minute is a gamble, and this is the price. Ultimately that was the aim on the tactics side i had to try something so that the base tactics can be "even" and the result went with that in the end (imo).

It was set to go to nutter if i was losing by 1 (i believed if you went 1 up i had no chance) and to normal if losing by 2 (abandoning the aggression tactic completely). i only divulge that, to show there was absolutely no malice in using the tactic (the only time i use it with malice is against saiyan warriors). if i recall, you once said you use the psycho as a tactic too -within reason. if your mind has changed, i missed that (not that it would have changed my style of tactic for this game)

I am not complaining about anything but it just sucks because I don't think I would have lost that game if it wasn't for the injuries, given my current team strength and momentum but it's cool. Highly doubt I would of got those 3 injuries (irrespective of long term or not) had you not been on psycho for the full 90. I guess I only have myself to blame for not scoring the first goal but I wasn't expecting that from you if I am honest or I would have done something similar.

Upon my return back to SL yes your right, I did use psycho as a tactic at times. I actually have not gone psycho in any game for at least the past 11 seasons (except when I was in C3 against you know who). I stopped doing it out of etiquette and respect because there was a gentleman's agreement with some managers regarding this (not all). And also ofcourse because you are more likely to injure/get injured as I did notice this when I was doing my research. I felt that the injuries for and against outweighed the advantage of using psycho and that is another reason to why I don't use it anymore.

It's all good though, fairplay to you and well done on the W.
I will learn from my mistakes  8)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 02:21:36 PM by captain_kush »
Forum Admin

Offline KnightStars

« Reply #655 on: September 11, 2020, 09:27:38 PM »

I am not complaining about anything but it just sucks because I don't think I would have lost that game if it wasn't for the injuries, given my current team strength and momentum but it's cool. Highly doubt I would of got those 3 injuries (irrespective of long term or not) had you not been on psycho for the full 90. I guess I only have myself to blame for not scoring the first goal but I wasn't expecting that from you if I am honest or I would have done something similar.

Upon my return back to SL yes your right, I did use psycho as a tactic at times. I actually have not gone psycho in any game for at least the past 11 seasons (except when I was in C3 against you know who). I stopped doing it out of etiquette and respect because there was a gentleman's agreement with some managers regarding this (not all). And also ofcourse because you are more likely to injure/get injured as I did notice this when I was doing my research. I felt that the injuries for and against outweighed the advantage of using psycho and that is another reason to why I don't use it anymore.

It's all good though, fairplay to you and well done on the W.
I will learn from my mistakes  8)

i agree with you 100 percent, without those injuries there’s no chance i would win. my white star team are nowhere close to your teams and it was a toss of the dice that turned the result. i get your disappointment (more now, than earlier even). that said, you’re still one of the best managers this game has ever seen so i’m still going to pop a wine in celebration ;)

re injuries, i’ve noticed (maybe wrongly) that nutter gets me a lot of the concussion injury, so i based my opinion on that (for both the team playing it and the team experiencing it). again though you are right, psycho did tilt the odds -and again i’m honestly sorry for the long term injury. i never want to cripple a team for such a long time.. :(

that’s a fair stance, personally speaking- i don’t mind if you use it on me. it was a hail-mary from me, normally 99/100 times you’d canter that one.. i hope to spring the odd surprise on you here and there, without psycho 😬 good luck for the run-in bud, much respect to you as ALWAYS!

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #656 on: September 14, 2020, 03:46:02 PM »
Much respect back to you as always Nish :)

Well done Jimbo on the W yesterday. I think that's me out of title hunt.
Still 5 games left to play but will be very hard to catch up now and I still have Rich & Joanie to play...
Hoping the SL Gods can help me out haha!

Was doing fantastically well throughout the season but I think I have now blown it  >:(
It's been a great season regardless, full of competition and hard earned results. Great to be in such a strong conference.

Good luck to all for the remainder of the season.
Forum Admin

Offline jimbo

« Reply #657 on: September 14, 2020, 04:45:37 PM »
Much respect back to you as always Nish :)

Well done Jimbo on the W yesterday. I think that's me out of title hunt.
Still 5 games left to play but will be very hard to catch up now and I still have Rich & Joanie to play...
Hoping the SL Gods can help me out haha!

Was doing fantastically well throughout the season but I think I have now blown it  >:(
It's been a great season regardless, full of competition and hard earned results. Great to be in such a strong conference.

Good luck to all for the remainder of the season.

Thanks Kush  8) Was a very tight game! I'm sure I've got to play Rich and Joanie too so could be a few more twists and turns yet. My form has been up and down so fancy Rich to win the title but would love to win it if I can  ;)

I agree, this league has been highly competitive and will only get stronger over the next few seasons - the conference/division and FL are the best competitions in SL  :)

Best of luck to all  8)
Fulham's Finest

Offline richff

« Reply #658 on: September 15, 2020, 06:40:18 PM »
Yours to lose now Jimbo 😜

Got to beat you in our head to head to stand a chance........then go and beat Kush!

I suppose it's in my hands but a tough ask.

Great competition this year, well done to all of Conference 1 ......... obviously the best Conference of them all 😀

Cheers

Rich

Offline richff

« Reply #659 on: September 17, 2020, 08:35:30 AM »
Definitely got to win tonight now Jimbo to stand any chance! 😯

Not sure why I only drew last night - had slight tactical advantage, better player stats, and Ty has only been playing league games for the past week so should be well up on gelling. I guess my team is going through a dip in form and we all have games we should have won or lost right? - that's the beauty of the game  ☺

Anyway my backs against the wall now and we've got a nice little warm up game this afternoon!

Cheers

Rich