https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 685515 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3735 on: March 03, 2017, 06:30:52 PM »
The best thing about Robo Recall is the music. Very 80s/90s arcade game stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv9MBPkCqxs&feature=youtu.be&list=PLmFxivzJFlOhVU68szAEU-vzaGBUZ2QFL

Loads of decent guitar work and pretty much old school arcade electro-rock. A real blast from the past! 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #3736 on: March 05, 2017, 02:57:13 PM »
My Mum and my Step-Father had their first taste of VR gaming today. I put my Mum in Elven Assassin because her coordination isn't great and she managed to kill quite a few Orcs which was quite surprising. I put my Step-Father in Robo Recall and he did quite well too, he couldn't quite get the hang of the teleport mechanic and kept on pressing the Triggers to draw his weapons instead of the Grip buttons but once I saw what he was doing and corrected him on it he got quite a respectable score...although he did nearly headbutt my door when he was trying to dodge bullets lmfao :o ;D

Their previous experiences on my Rift were the Dreamdeck and First Contact demos and a few of the short films that come for free when you get a Rift.

Another couple of goes at VR games and I reckon that Dave will be wanting to buy one. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Online jman

« Reply #3737 on: March 12, 2017, 10:18:14 AM »
That Layers of Fear game (free with GwG this month) is pretty good... gameplay is a bit mundane and not a massive amount of replay value, but the eerie atmosphere it creates is pretty fucking good, sound is excellent.. worth a check out if you like a good horror flick.. I jumped several times playing through it... fucking creepy paintings and dolls!  Plot is a bit twisted, but you can unravel most of it.. I looked online after I finished it to check what others had said and I had most bits right.

Offline harv

« Reply #3738 on: March 19, 2017, 08:36:40 PM »
I bought Affected: The Manor the other day and it's pretty scary. I nearly pooed my pants with the first jump scare lmfao :o ;D :-[ ;D

Paranormal Activity is supposed to be scary too but can't afford to get that for another month or two. Certainly something I'm going to try out.

I'd still put Dreadhalls as the scariest VR game so far, at least going by what I've played of Affected and what I've heard of PA. It's just so well put together, there's more of a feeling of dread whilst you're playing the game due to the sound, lighting and music and there's very few jump scares in it because it doesn't really need them to scare the living shit out of you lol :o :-\ ;D

I've always loved scary games but playing these things in VR takes things to a whole new level altogether.

I've lost count of the number of times I've shouted 'Oh shit!' playing these things lmfao ;D

Online jman

« Reply #3739 on: March 20, 2017, 11:11:05 AM »
I'm not a huge racing fan, but played Project CARS for a good few hours now to be able to compare it to the likes of Forza.. I have to say Project CARS career mode just seems bland and boring... its not a bad game by all means, but I just skip the Practices/Qualifying which means I always start in last place on the races.. and I haven't bothered tuning anything or creating pit strategies - its just boring and I can win easy enough doing what I'm doing.

Is it more of a racing simulator than Forza?  I couldn't tell the difference.. I still slam into cars and push them off the track in Project CARS so perhaps not.  I was racing on a track (Monza I think) with a very sharp hairpin turn.. there were 30 cars on the track.. on the first lap I smashed into a car on the hairpin to take the lead and when I got back round on the 2nd lap, about 4 or 5 cars were stuck there.... when I got round on the 3rd lap.. all 30 cars were stuck at the hairpin lol.. I literally had to smash my way through and ended up lapping every single car... hardly lifelike, but it was funny.

Offline harv

« Reply #3740 on: March 20, 2017, 04:39:29 PM »
Like Forza it's part arcade-style racing and part racing sim. You won't find an accurate racing sim anywhere because it would be practically unplayable lol. Developers have to make a trade-off when designing these things.

I haven't played Project CARS or Assetto Corsa for a while, I might have to get back into them at some point.

I finished Robo Recall yesterday, it's going to take me a while to complete it 100% because there's a load of stars that I haven't got yet and some of them are going to be a real challenge. And once I've got all of those stars I've got to beat each level in All Stars Mode too. In All Stars Mode the bloody things move 1.5 or 2 x the speed they move at in normal play AND they have more health. :o Not sure I'm going to be able to 100% complete this game but it's going to be a real blast trying ;D

I started to carry on with Elite Dangerous last night, 300,000 credits from a quick mining session. FOund a load of silver and osmium. Noice  8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3741 on: March 23, 2017, 06:45:40 PM »
Obduction, a VR game done by the same developers that did Myst and Riven, has had an update giving it Touch/Vive controller support. There's a few issues with it but these guys are pretty quick with patches to sort things out. Yet another game on my ever increasing list of VR games to buy.

The Steam and Oculus Store sales can't come quick enough for my liking lol :o ;D

Obduction
Narcosis
Serious Sam VR The Last Hope
Knockout League
Trickster
Nevermind
The Gallery Ep I Call Of The Starseed
Dead Hungry
HordeZ
Detached
Drunken Bar Fight
Time Machine VR
Robinson The Journey
Serious Sam VR The First Encounter
Vanishing Realms
Onward
The Brookhaven Experiment

There's probably a few more that I can't remember off the top of my head too. :o :-\

Offline harv

« Reply #3742 on: March 25, 2017, 03:08:12 AM »
Bah!!! Fucking pirates!!! I'm still mining and all of this mining has made me soft! I had a shitload of valuable cargo I mined and some pirate with big fuck off guns practically tore my ship in half lol :o ;D

Another one tried it on earlier too but I managed to turn him into space dust without a problem but this other one destroyed my ship pretty sharpish.

Bloody game lol ;D

Going back to that Resource Extraction Site tomorrow, should be able to make that money lost back pretty quickly I reckon. Just bought some new high end parts for my ship too so my insurance went up. >:(

Offline harv

« Reply #3743 on: March 26, 2017, 02:16:58 AM »
Well that's a bit better lol :o ;D

Just made almost 600,000 credits in one mining trip. Another trip like that and I've made back the money I lost getting turned into space dust!

Still haven't found any Painite yet though, it's the rarest material in the galaxy and worth a ridiculous amount of credits per tonne. Time for another trip before I go to bed. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3744 on: March 28, 2017, 12:10:23 PM »
Woo hoo!!! Found my very first tonne of Painite last night! Worth 40,000 credits per tonne. Noice! I've also been finding A LOT of Palladium (13,000 per tonne) and Platinum (19,000) too. I found myself jettisoning a shitload of Silver (4000) to make room in my cargo hold for it all lol :o ;D 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3745 on: March 29, 2017, 11:34:46 AM »
I made around 900,000 credits mining last night :o 8)

Around 250,000 from a mission to mine 12 tonnes of Osmium and the rest of my 48 tonne cargo hold was full of Gold, Paladium and Platinum. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3746 on: March 30, 2017, 11:32:05 PM »
Well it's looking like Palmer Luckey has finally been given the push :o

Am surprised that it took them this long tbh. Wouldn't surprise me if he's got a golden handshake of a decent amount plus an agreement for Facebook to continue to pay his legal fees during the Zenimax appeal process though as part of the termination of his employment.

It's a shame that things had to this way though, but he'll be remembered in history as the man that (literally) Kickstarted this third generation of commercial VR rather than the man that made several huge PR cock ups I think.

Offline harv

« Reply #3747 on: April 03, 2017, 12:10:10 PM »
Fucking hell the Half Life 2 VR mod is going to be released some time this year with Touch/Vive controller support!!! Ravensholme is going to be fucking TERRIFYING in VR!!! :o ;D

I still can't believe that Valve didn't have a VR version of Half Life 2 and a Portal spin-off released on day one of the Vive launching. They could have charged full price for the thing and EVERYONE would have bought the thing. Same goes for Sega and Alien Isolation too. It would have been a licence to print money for the pair of them.

Offline harv

« Reply #3748 on: April 06, 2017, 05:21:33 PM »
When I win the Euromillions I'm gonna get one of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1V8QEAdGNM&feature=youtu.be

:o :o :o 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3749 on: April 14, 2017, 09:59:57 PM »
OH.