https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 681035 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3180 on: May 06, 2015, 07:57:36 PM »
I've just submitted a design for a t-shirt to TeeFury so keep your fingers crossed please! ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #3181 on: May 06, 2015, 08:00:39 PM »
Needless to say it's a Nintendo game themed one, Super Metroid. Although the Metroid I've put on it is an 8 bit one from the first game cos it's a lot easier to draw lmfao :o ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3182 on: May 07, 2015, 10:49:20 PM »
Aw bum, my design got rejected :'(

Have submitted it to Qwertee just now too.

Have also ordered a graphics tablet too on my credit card because I've got a few more ideas but they're going to need to be drawn and it's a bloomin nightmare doing anything with a mouse :o

Offline harv

« Reply #3183 on: May 07, 2015, 11:55:01 PM »
Well fuck them! My design just got accepted at Qwertee. ;D

Trouble with them is that designs for them have to be voted for before they will print them. :-\

Will pop up a link tomorrow and would really appreciate it if you could all sign up to the Qwertee site and vote for it and maybe you could get your friends and family to vote too..?

I knew it was a good idea. Am going to email TeeFury tomorrow to find out why they weren't happy with it which should help with any future designs hopefully. I've got around 15 or 16 different ideas for designs but not sure if my artistic skills are good enough to carry them off. :-[ :-\ ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3184 on: May 08, 2015, 12:09:00 PM »
Here it is, 5 votes so far...although one of those is mine lol ;D

So please register and vote and get all of your friends and family to vote too if possible! :P

Really annoying that TeeFury didn't like it because they do more shirt colours and it looks amazing in purple. :(

Offline harv

« Reply #3185 on: May 08, 2015, 12:37:55 PM »
Thought that link would point to my design but it didn't. The one you want to vote for is Y Can't Metroid Crawl by thesnowdog ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3186 on: May 10, 2015, 03:35:04 PM »
Have made an edit to the preview pic so that it stands out more, just showing the 8 bit Metroid now, got to wait up to 48 hours for it to be approved again which is a pain in the bum. :-\

Have any of you lot voted yet..?

Bought Trine Enchanted Edition yesterday and as you all know already it's great ;D Works well with the touchscreen too. 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #3187 on: May 11, 2015, 11:13:23 AM »
Ermm... am I the only one that had never heard of that "meme" ;D ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #3188 on: May 11, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »
Can't actually see it.
Kept scrolling down and the page kept getting longer until there were about 800-1000 designs on the screen, and did a page search for "metroid" and got zero results.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #3189 on: May 11, 2015, 12:03:46 PM »
Oh, I saw it over the weekend... think its been removed as harv made an edit...

Pssst... its really not worth it

Offline harv

« Reply #3190 on: May 11, 2015, 02:12:18 PM »
Yup, it will be back shortly. I edited the preview because none of the Selected ones have the default preview picture. The preview picture now has a bloomin great big close up of the 8 bit Metroid and looks much better.

Shame that TeeFury didn't like it because it looks amazing on a purple shirt :o

Had 23 votes when I edited it, hopefully it's going to appear at the top of the new t-shirts again so it's not going to be buried under newer submissions. :P

Got my Huion H610 graphics tablet delivered today, two days earlier than expected. Only £36.17 from eBay, about 4 times cheaper than a Wacom tablet and is just as good. :o

Getting a USB extension delivered tomorrow hopefully too.

Then all I've got to do is learn how to draw lololol ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3191 on: May 11, 2015, 11:34:53 PM »
Had a quick go with my tablet earlier and it's really weird, it's difficult to explain. If you hover the pen over the tablet it detects it and moves the mouse pointer and if you touch the tablet it draws stuff...but after so many years of using a pen and paper it's really weird not drawing on something when you're actually drawing on something lol. And it's difficult to keep track of things because when you're looking at the monitor whilst drawing on the tablet it's almost as if you're drawing in third person :o ;D

Going to take a lot of getting used to I think. ;D

I think things will improve when I get my USB extension cable, hopefully tomorrow.

The tablet itself is pretty cool though, it actually feels like paper when the pen draws on it. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3192 on: May 12, 2015, 12:42:01 AM »
My design is back now, between Iron's Gym and Epoch Battle. Get voting please! :P

Offline jman

« Reply #3193 on: May 12, 2015, 07:41:15 AM »
I've had a Wacom drawing tablet for years now.. to be honest, when you realise that it makes things slightly easier but still doesn't really give you super-human drawing powers, you'll get bored of it.

Harvs link by the way
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:44:25 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #3194 on: May 12, 2015, 10:26:56 AM »
No, I've never heard of that one, either. Simple mistake for a newcomer to the franchise, tbh; and I'm not sure it qualifies as a meme if nobody outside of the "Wii-verse" has heard of it.

Voted up. (There was no "vote down" button.)
They'd better not start sending me spam.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...