https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: CONFERENCE EIGHT  (Read 182213 times)

Offline jimbo

Re: CONFERENCE EIGHT
« Reply #555 on: January 09, 2018, 02:53:33 PM »
Just one super quick piece of advice jim from someone outside of conf 8, whenever you take over a computer team in another division – you take over the worst placed computer team in that division. So, you’re highly likely to take a bottom placed team at this point of the season (might be difficult for you to stay up).

I’d probably say to either work out if it’s worth just playing these 8 or so games and then moving at the beginning of the next season – or working out whether you think you can stay up and moving now.

Good luck with it all.

Good point. I will have a look to see if I can survive in a x-2-1 or x-2-2. However, you are right, it might be worth seeing out the rest of the current season as I could still go up via the playoffs which would probably look better on my history. Then start next season fresh in a higher division  :)

Many thanks for the tips  8)
Fulham's Finest

Offline Angele

« Reply #556 on: January 09, 2018, 09:34:56 PM »
Hi Lynne,

Thank you for your reply.

I will wait until this current season finishes and will look to go in a x-2-1 or x-2-2 at the very beginning of the next season - I'm assuming it's best to move leagues on day 1/47?

I've bought 3 players already, 2 any side midfields and a STR (C) - all mid to late 20's - do you think this is okay? Not sure what age I should be aiming for but curious to know if younger players train better? So my aim at this stage could be to sign another 12 players and by the time I hopefully climb to a x-1-1 I can sign another 5 new players to train whilst having a reasonably assembled squad.

I'm happy to stick with a full programme of friendlies and maybe play in the bottom FL mainly for gelling and experience.

I really appreciate your advice and look forward to building a squad that will hopefully compete with some of the tops managers in 4-5 seasons  8)

Many thanks

Jimbo
I think you might have some reading to do? We could spoon feed you but learning is part of the fun (or maybe we just like pain ;-) and there's plenty of reading available on the forum.

If you didn't know, I will tell you you'll get 8 seasons out of all three of your signings. The striker looks a decent buy while the other two?  OK they are all-rsiders - but you'll have to work at it to get their stamina up to the high 90s which is the least you will need if you want to compete. And, generally, all-rounders do not tend to perform as well as players dedicated to one position (but two GKs (some, not me, prefer three) two LBs, two RBs, one CB, two MFL and two MFR plus two MFCs and three central strikers would give you 16 and a flexible squad so long as you intend playing 4- 5-1).

If the early sub thing ever gets fixed/neutralised then all-siders might regain some usefulness but in the squad I've suggested and with current circumstances, I'd say they are not worthwhile. That'd leave you 4 to leave until later. Just my thoughts as of now (and others might have other ideas and hopefully they'll post them). Looking at my squad won't help because I have doing this a long while and sometime just fancy trying something different (which is what I'm working towards).

Get the right players and the right squad (and be prepared for weaker opponents to beat you purely because they get lucky guessing your tactics).

Last point: Private leagues --- the whole gelling thing is a mystery to most but having at least one in which to practice is a good idea even if you lose all your games. Whether you will get any gelling or not, maybe someone else can explain that to you. Also look for a 16 team competition as you will get 30 games for your 500 credits as opposed to the 14 from an 8 team league. You WILL get benefits from playing your best team in Friendlies so using them for experimenting or to rest players can backfire.

Lets now see what other have to offer. ;-)

Offline jimbo

« Reply #557 on: January 09, 2018, 10:42:09 PM »
Hi Lynne,

Thank you for your reply.

I will wait until this current season finishes and will look to go in a x-2-1 or x-2-2 at the very beginning of the next season - I'm assuming it's best to move leagues on day 1/47?

I've bought 3 players already, 2 any side midfields and a STR (C) - all mid to late 20's - do you think this is okay? Not sure what age I should be aiming for but curious to know if younger players train better? So my aim at this stage could be to sign another 12 players and by the time I hopefully climb to a x-1-1 I can sign another 5 new players to train whilst having a reasonably assembled squad.

I'm happy to stick with a full programme of friendlies and maybe play in the bottom FL mainly for gelling and experience.

I really appreciate your advice and look forward to building a squad that will hopefully compete with some of the tops managers in 4-5 seasons  8)

Many thanks

Jimbo
I think you might have some reading to do? We could spoon feed you but learning is part of the fun (or maybe we just like pain ;-) and there's plenty of reading available on the forum.

If you didn't know, I will tell you you'll get 8 seasons out of all three of your signings. The striker looks a decent buy while the other two?  OK they are all-rsiders - but you'll have to work at it to get their stamina up to the high 90s which is the least you will need if you want to compete. And, generally, all-rounders do not tend to perform as well as players dedicated to one position (but two GKs (some, not me, prefer three) two LBs, two RBs, one CB, two MFL and two MFR plus two MFCs and three central strikers would give you 16 and a flexible squad so long as you intend playing 4- 5-1).

If the early sub thing ever gets fixed/neutralised then all-siders might regain some usefulness but in the squad I've suggested and with current circumstances, I'd say they are not worthwhile. That'd leave you 4 to leave until later. Just my thoughts as of now (and others might have other ideas and hopefully they'll post them). Looking at my squad won't help because I have doing this a long while and sometime just fancy trying something different (which is what I'm working towards).

Get the right players and the right squad (and be prepared for weaker opponents to beat you purely because they get lucky guessing your tactics).

Last point: Private leagues --- the whole gelling thing is a mystery to most but having at least one in which to practice is a good idea even if you lose all your games. Whether you will get any gelling or not, maybe someone else can explain that to you. Also look for a 16 team competition as you will get 30 games for your 500 credits as opposed to the 14 from an 8 team league. You WILL get benefits from playing your best team in Friendlies so using them for experimenting or to rest players can backfire.

Lets now see what other have to offer. ;-)

I don't mind reading and keen to learn. Good to get a mixture of views from managers - thank you for yours  :)

Yes, I knew my signings would last 8 seasons and now you have mentioned the stamina needing to be in the high 90's I will bare that in mind when scouting the transfer market  ;)

This game is fun and I am bound to make mistakes along the way. Interesting insight regarding any sided players as the were key in SL2 so need to adapt to the SL1 model still - will take good time and patience of course!

I think formations is an area that I need to look at as well as the advice in the strategy tips suggests playing either 5-2-3 longball or 4-5-1 passing/continental. I'm sure there are many variations I can try but will depend on the squad I build and thank you again for your recommendations on player positions.

Many thanks

Jimbo
Fulham's Finest

Offline jimbo

« Reply #558 on: January 17, 2018, 10:57:24 AM »
Two games left to go in 8-1-1! Can Top Rank Fc take home the title? Two tough fixtures remaining against Realale Madrid and Team Name. Angel Rrrrs have ARSENAL_EUROPA followed by Pathetico Madrid. It's in rogan's hands by you never know...

Even the fight for a top 8 finish looks like it's going to go right down to the wire!

Conference 8, League 1, Division 1, Premier Region
+/-   Pos       Team Name   Pld   W   D   L   F   A   Pts   
(0)    1       Top Rank Fc   28   24   3   1   103   6   75
(0)    2       Angel Rrrrs   28   22   3   3   97   35   69   
(0)    3       FC Town of Luton   28   19   3   6   104   17   60   
(0)    4       Realale Madrid   28   19   3   6   92   17   60   
(0)    5       Fools United   28   17   4   7   102   16   55   
(0)    6       Jellybellies   28   17   4   7   86   21   55   
(0)    7       Pathetico Madrid   28   15   5   8   105   21   50   
(0)    8       Team Name   28   16   1   11   81   22   49   

(0)    9       Bedwell City   28   15   2   11   63   32   47   
(0)    10       Oi Prasinoi   28   14   4   10   87   22   46   
(0)    11       FC Basel   28   10   3   15   85   40   33   
(0)    12       Crystal City   28   7   0   21   54   85   21   
(0)    13       Glanford Park   28   5   1   22   41   104   16   
(0)    14       CORO GOLF FC   Relegated    28   3   1   24   33   194   10   
(0)    15       ARSENAL_EUROPA   Relegated    28   2   1   25   21   278   7   
(0)    16       evil pixie fc   Relegated    28   0   0   28   20   264   0
Fulham's Finest

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #559 on: March 08, 2018, 01:12:26 PM »
Congrats Ivor, untouchable this season  ;)

Offline iwopp

« Reply #560 on: March 08, 2018, 01:22:35 PM »
Cheers Bill  :)

Well done to Oi Prasinoi this season. One to watch out for next season
jellybellies

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #561 on: March 08, 2018, 11:35:02 PM »
Cheers Bill  :)

Well done to Oi Prasinoi this season. One to watch out for next season

Yeah, good call. Congrats to Jonathan also. Great season  :)

Offline Angele

« Reply #562 on: March 17, 2018, 02:37:35 PM »
Well if you are going to F**k up a season do it early and then you can relax for the rest of it  :-\ >:( :(

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #563 on: March 17, 2018, 02:50:17 PM »
Well if you are going to F**k up a season do it early and then you can relax for the rest of it  :-\ >:( :(

still early.. was a bit of an eye opener that one!!!!

Offline iwopp

« Reply #564 on: March 17, 2018, 04:39:31 PM »
LOL  I uses to do it all the time Lynne.
I stick to one formation now  :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 04:46:08 PM by iwopp »
jellybellies

Offline Angele

« Reply #565 on: March 18, 2018, 07:31:04 AM »
LOL  I uses to do it all the time Lynne.
I stick to one formation now  :)

I was just (very briefly) considering the 4-5-1, got distracted and never changed it back. Never bothered checking either. In a sense it was getting into a routine that caused it. The misfortune was in that it had to be against you because I not only have to make up the points but the GD too.   ;D  Ho hum, c'est la vie --- maybe it was karma for my Rs having such a good week.  :)

Offline Angele

« Reply #566 on: March 22, 2018, 04:46:34 AM »
Toughness shines through. My right -sided striker broke his arm in the 60th minute last night (badly enough to keep him out for 8 weeks) but still managed two more goals in the last half hour.  Rather hard  to imagine any real-life Pro doing that  8)

Offline iwopp

« Reply #567 on: March 22, 2018, 08:39:10 AM »
 ;D So true

You were lucky though to only get one player injured against Evil Pixsies.
They have a habit of playing psycho when you least expect it. >:(
jellybellies

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #568 on: April 25, 2018, 11:26:53 PM »
Down to the wire, nothing but a win will do tonight. Good luck Ivor...

C'mon Martin  ;)

Offline iwopp

« Reply #569 on: April 26, 2018, 09:53:32 AM »
Lol  Must admit i thought i'd blown it with the last three games.

Lynne, if only you hadn't ballsed up our first game  ;D
jellybellies