https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: CONFERENCE EIGHT  (Read 184673 times)

Offline Angele

Re: CONFERENCE EIGHT
« Reply #585 on: June 02, 2018, 01:35:06 AM »
There was a time when there existed a "Runners-Up Cup" for teams finishing second in their leagues. Quite prestigious as often teams finishing second were looking at going one step better the next season and and was played on CL nights.  It got a bit silly with so many leagues only having one non-computer team but I could see a place for it now for the runners up in X-1-1 and X-1-2.  It would be a reward for those who often finish just behind the Champions and would/might keep interest alive in some leagues in the final few weeks.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 01:37:24 AM by Angele »

Offline Wizard

« Reply #586 on: June 02, 2018, 08:50:54 AM »
There was a time when there existed a "Runners-Up Cup" for teams finishing second in their leagues. Quite prestigious as often teams finishing second were looking at going one step better the next season and and was played on CL nights.  It got a bit silly with so many leagues only having one non-computer team but I could see a place for it now for the runners up in X-1-1 and X-1-2.  It would be a reward for those who often finish just behind the Champions and would/might keep interest alive in some leagues in the final few weeks.

I remember that. Phew, back in the day that was! I would be happy if they brought that back.
Menagerie
7-1-1

Offline MartinW63

« Reply #587 on: June 12, 2018, 02:51:52 PM »
Well played Angele, couldn’t catch you👍
FC Town Of Luton - Cheap and Nasty since 1964
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Offline iwopp

« Reply #588 on: June 12, 2018, 04:25:31 PM »
Yes, Well done Lynne.
thoroughly deserved
jellybellies

Offline iwopp

« Reply #589 on: June 29, 2018, 12:23:21 PM »
Ah Bedwell City.
Which Bedwell City will turn up tonight?  :-\
jellybellies

Offline iwopp

« Reply #590 on: June 30, 2018, 09:02:21 AM »
 ::)
Bad Bedwell
jellybellies

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #591 on: July 02, 2018, 03:00:51 PM »
Unlucky Ivor, total pain in the arse Bedwell!! You just never know if they will turn up. i remember a few seasons back i waited up till around 02:00am to see if they would set up. i got tired and went to bed. low and behold got pumped 2-0, clown had totally countered everything he did when not turning up. of course you could try different things, but then he wouldn't turn up and you would end up drawing and raging because you tried something different, canna win  :'(

Offline iwopp

« Reply #592 on: July 02, 2018, 03:41:50 PM »
I just don't get the team at all. He has a team and the know-how to win the championship, and he's never entered a PL comp.

Him setting up and beating me doesn't bother me at all. Just wish he'd do it with everyone.

There's that small question in my mind - is it a second team? Really hope not
jellybellies

Offline MartinW63

« Reply #593 on: July 02, 2018, 10:07:26 PM »
My turn tonight 🙄
FC Town Of Luton - Cheap and Nasty since 1964
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #594 on: July 02, 2018, 11:50:36 PM »
My turn tonight 🙄

lol, good luck Martin.

i didn't realise i have :) already been taken out by him this season  ::)

Offline Angele

« Reply #595 on: July 12, 2018, 02:10:43 AM »
I just don't get the team at all. He has a team and the know-how to win the championship, and he's never entered a PL comp.

Him setting up and beating me doesn't bother me at all. Just wish he'd do it with everyone.

There's that small question in my mind - is it a second team? Really hope not

A thought that can never be far away given what has happened to many of us in the past but it surely HAS to be a second team? Otherwise why bother with the expense and effort for no reward? 

I seem to have got myself involved in a lot of daytime games just now but if I get time I'll go through Bedwell's games and see if there is a pattern in their matches. Often it's not the games that they do or don't set up for but how they play against their "master" team.

Offline Baggio

« Reply #596 on: July 13, 2018, 12:21:17 AM »
If I had to bet I'd probably say it's Angele controlling that team.
SL Hibernian

Offline Angele

« Reply #597 on: July 13, 2018, 03:20:24 AM »
If I had to bet I'd probably say it's Angele controlling that team.

Funny.  Not the accusation but the idea that you'd have the guts to actually bet.  All talk.

Might be worth me reporting such an accusation though. You wouldn't be missed if you got kicked off the game.

Unless you are braver than you seem?

£250? £500??  Or make it a round £1000???

I'm sure there must be a way for the moderators or the game owners to check.

But then maybe you wouldn't really want the truth to come out? 

Offline Baggio

« Reply #598 on: July 13, 2018, 01:38:40 PM »
Nah Junior couldn't tell his arse from his elbow which he's proved before in these situations. I'm just saying if I was forced to bet I'd put my money on you.

As for the ban he can go ahead, not like I'd be missing anything as I've not played for ages now anyway.

Bit touchy with the reply though..
SL Hibernian

Offline Angele

« Reply #599 on: July 14, 2018, 03:05:20 AM »
Nah Junior couldn't tell his arse from his elbow which he's proved before in these situations. I'm just saying if I was forced to bet I'd put my money on you.

As for the ban he can go ahead, not like I'd be missing anything as I've not played for ages now anyway.

Bit touchy with the reply though..

So you hang around because irritating others is the nearest you have to any kind of friendships??

Southgates Waistcoat (which carries your SL name) seems to be doing well in C4 so you have obviously passed it over to someone else.

I suppose you could be hanging around if you were running other teams --- or (aparet from my earlier suggestion) why bother?

Do I seem touchy? Really??  I will add "Poor judge of character" to my thoughts on your personality.

And, for the record, I'd happily allow any scrutiny of my SL activities.  I now doubt one or two others would be quite so willing.