https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 681168 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #480 on: May 29, 2012, 09:13:37 AM »
Well started playing Prince of Persia : The Forgotten Sands... only for about 30 minutes, but its exactly how I imagined it to be.. slightly more annoying than the other Prince of Persia as when you die.. (which is often for me as Im still finding the controls fiddly - especially for wall runs).. you have to go back to a checkpoint.. whereas the othe Prince of Persia.. you cant die...

...dunno if that will change as I progress further as I know in the original Sands of Time game you have the ability to rewind/fast forward/pause time etc...

Also bought Forza 3, NFS: Shift 2 and Fight Night Round 4... just some cheapo bargains to tide me over.. just havent got the time to play many games at the moment so it seems a bit pointless buying new ones.. but would love to play Future Soldier & Max Payne at some point though.

Offline Late

« Reply #481 on: May 29, 2012, 04:49:08 PM »
Trials Evolution gets a big patch tomorrow morning. Mostly relates to multiplayer, including all leaderboards being reset.

Fortunately, single player is pretty much unaffected (but a few "scoring loophole" bugs are fixed in some of the skill games).

Moved on to disk 2 (of 3) on Star Ocean TLH last night so I'm guessing I'm about a third of the way through the story.
Need to put a bit more thought into my characters, I think. I'm still not sure which four to have as my main party.
I now have 7 available to me and it looks like there's 2 more to add (Sarah and Arumat), but there's only 8 character slots in the status screen - not sure what I'm missing there, unless someone dies. (Hate that - I remember them doing that in a couple of the old FF games, which is incredibly frustrating after you've put loads of work in on that character.)
I'm mainly controlling Edge, with Meracle, Baccus and Reimi in the party with me, but I've been advised Sarah and Arumat are both great characters to use (healer and melee). I'm not overly taken with Reimi so I'll probably bin her. I guess I'll have to scrap Edge or Meracle too, which is a shame as I've given them some nice stat boosts.
I don't rate Faize much. Lymle has some powerful spells but is so incredibly annoying, 'kay. Myuria's only just become available to me, so I've not had a chance to properly gauge her yet - but I can't see her breaking into the top four if Sarah and Arumat are already gearing up to do likewise.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #482 on: May 29, 2012, 06:19:02 PM »
For Prince of Persia you can't beat the 2D platformer original imo. A classic. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #483 on: May 29, 2012, 09:16:14 PM »
No one dies Late, don't worry about that. I won't spoil it for you.  :P

I'd highly recommend Arumat though. I loaded up my old save file the other day just before going into the final bonus dungeon and had him in my party. His melee abilities are outstanding.

I just tend to stick with the characters I like on the first playthrough though... In this case Edge, Reimi, Myuria and Arumat. Planning to play through on Universe Mode again after exam season is over. Won't be long before I want to rip my ears off everytime Lymle speaks, kay. Most annoying voiceover EVER.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:28:35 PM by ancelotti »

Offline jman

« Reply #484 on: May 30, 2012, 09:47:43 AM »
Wrong.. the little yellow guy who looks like Pikachu out of Blue Dragon (Marumaro)...surely nothings worse than that...

if you havent played it.. you can hear it on this video at the start lol..

Offline Late

« Reply #485 on: May 30, 2012, 11:31:59 AM »
Annoying, but not annoying as Lymle, kay?

And apparently she's supposed to be fifteen years old?
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #486 on: May 30, 2012, 01:06:43 PM »
LOL.. that is some bad voice acting... montoneous and dull I can handle though.. a character that sounds like a 3 year old on drugs screaming ALL the time... nah.. fraid Marumora is still more annoying for me... most annoying character in any game I've played in fact... I ended up skipping some of the parts where he had dialog.. he was driving me up the wall..

I think honorable mention has to go to Hope in the new Final Fantasys as well.. he's depressed the whole way through the first one and you just want to phsyically hurt him everytime he speaks.. I havent met him in the 2nd one yet thank god...
Also Cooke and Mack are slightly annoying in Lost Odyssey if you get round to playing that.. but nowhere near as bad as the ones mentioned...

Offline harv

« Reply #487 on: May 30, 2012, 03:27:05 PM »
The worst voice acting in the entire history of video games has to be that found in the very first Resident Evil. The last three Resident Evil games (4, 5 and Revelations) have been disappointing in that regard because they had decent voice acting. It's just not the same, bad voice acting and tank controls are what makes Resident Evil games Resident Evil games, the franchise just isn't the same without them imo. :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #488 on: May 31, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »
Nice trailer for Skyrim dlc Dawnguard. Looks great.
Appears to include crossbows and mounted combat, amongst other new features - as if a host of new quests wasn't enough.

Will be 1600msp* when it releases on the 360 this summer (pc and ps3 versions to be released a month later).

*That's around £12 or £13, depending on what you paid for your points.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #489 on: May 31, 2012, 05:31:31 PM »
Trailer looks awesome! Was that a dragon smashing through the ice and diving underwater?  :o Given how erratic their behaviour is in Skyrim, I can see some comical glitches coming from that. ;D

I'm nowhere near done on the original game, still got plenty of quests to do but will get back into it soon.

Offline harv

« Reply #490 on: May 31, 2012, 06:10:42 PM »
Mounted combat..? :o

Consider me sold!!!!

About bloody time too!!! >:(

Offline harv

« Reply #491 on: June 01, 2012, 05:47:43 PM »
Woo hoo!!! Lego Lord of The Rings has been announced!!! Nice 8)

Offline stupac

« Reply #492 on: June 04, 2012, 07:36:14 PM »
Platinum #9 the other day - Assassins Creed Revelations  ;D

Looking forward to AC3 but personally I liked the era the last 3 games were in and don't want the series to catch up to modern times...  ::)
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline styles

« Reply #493 on: June 12, 2012, 08:05:34 AM »
left Skyrim alone for a week or so there but got back into it the last few days. Making good progress now. up to level 40 and breezing through most quests.

Great game. Is the Dragon story the main quest? I have started completing all the other quests so as not to finish the game with loads of stuff undone as I'll not likely finish it if I do!

The best thing about being levelled up is you don't die anywhere near as often lol!
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Late

« Reply #494 on: June 12, 2012, 11:29:30 AM »
Aye, the dragon quest is considered the main story, if that makes any difference. To be fair, I considered all the quest lines about equal, though. Really need to get back to Skyrim at some point, but once I take a disk out of the machine it's rare it goes back in.

I've got a similar scenario on Star Ocean TLH. Finished the main story on that a few days ago, but there's still loads to do. Took the disk out and started on Assassin's Creed Revelations (enjoyable, but a bit samey so far - which is to be expected and is why I always wait until the AC games are around £10-£15).
I have every intention of getting back to Star Ocean at some point, but I often fully intend to go back to a game and then end up forgetting it... Disk swapping on Star Ocean was getting irritating toward the end, too. It's 3 disks, and throughout the story you're pretty much on disk 1 then 2 then 3 - but if you're mopping up bits near/after the final story battle you're switching disks far too frequently for my ageing lower back to happily deal with.

Ordered Rayman Origins from Sainsbury's online a week or so back. They've run out of stock but will honour it at the posted price of £9.99 when they get stock in. Can't complain - it's supposed to be a good game and the price is great, but I wouldn't get it played any time soon...