https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 683371 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2430 on: December 15, 2013, 12:22:38 AM »
Hang on, how the fuck can he play video games if he's partially sighted..? :o :-\

Unless he's like that girl in the States that has to use the GamePad hunched over it with her bloomin great big milk bottle glasses half an inch away from the screen..?
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2431 on: December 15, 2013, 07:48:10 AM »
Lol, don't ask me, I barely know the guy, his ramblings on Facebook do amuse me though.  To be fair, if I had a 3ds, I'd probably get that game, can't beat a good turn based RPG  :P

Offline Late

« Reply #2432 on: December 15, 2013, 03:01:02 PM »
"tons" is an exaggeration, Kieran.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2433 on: December 15, 2013, 08:03:17 PM »
And it should be tonnes, shouldn't it..? :-\ ??? :-\ ???
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #2434 on: December 16, 2013, 01:48:04 PM »
Halo : Spartan Assault (top-down, dual-stick shooter) releasing on Xbox One / Xbox 360 on Christmas eve.. lovely jubbly, give me something to play over the xmas period.. if I get chance that is, going to a be a busy one this year!

Offline harv

« Reply #2435 on: December 17, 2013, 03:11:04 AM »
I still haven't lost it. Found a Class A in Rocksmith 2014, quitting the game by pressing ESC to quit the profile your using and pressing ESC again to go back to the Windows desktop either deletes or corrupts a file called inputmap.xml and stops the game launching again until you get Steam to check the files and replace it lol ;D

They added that quitting option in the last update I think and it's ridiculously broken lol.

Have downloaded some custom DLC, a few Lizzy songs and a few Floyd songs, and there's already over 400 custom songs to choose from.

Offline harv

« Reply #2436 on: December 21, 2013, 12:37:20 AM »
My Mum and step-father came up to see me today to give me and Georgie Porgie our Christmas pressies. Gave Georgie Porgie hers already cos she could smell the catnip and wouldn't leave the bag alone, was doing my head in so she got hers early lol ;D

Not sure what I've got, I was only expecting 2 games but my Mum has been sneaky and got me 3. One of them is Super Mario 3D World cos that was what I definitely wanted and she was going to surprise me with another one. I reckon she might have got me Deus Ex as a Brucie Bonus cos that's as cheap as chips.

Am very tempted to open it and find out lol :-[ ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2437 on: December 21, 2013, 10:53:37 AM »
It's a great game, Deus Ex HR - and the "director's cut" version is supposed to be better still.
I had it at number three in my list of best games of the generation on another site recently.
 Surprisingly I had two Wii games in the top five, too.
1   Portal (Orange Box)
2   Bioshock
3   Deus Ex: Human Revolution
4   Wii Sports
5   World of Goo
6   Crackdown
7   Assassin's Creed 2
8   Skyrim
9   Dishonored
10   Splosion Man
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2438 on: December 21, 2013, 11:59:54 AM »
Wii games?!?! I have to admit, SMG was a wonderful game. Shame I never got to play the second one.

My top 10 would be something like:

1) Red Dead Redemption
2) The Last of Us
3) GTA V
4) Skyrim
5) XCOM: Enemy Unknown
6) COD 4
7) The Walking Dead (Telltale)
8) Assassin's Creed 2
9) Oblivion
10) L.A. Noire

Although I haven't really put that much thought into it, so there are probably one or two glaring omissions.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 12:01:48 PM by ancelotti »

Offline harv

« Reply #2439 on: December 21, 2013, 01:06:07 PM »
World Of Goo was awesome, might have to play that again now I'm thinking about it. Little Inferno, done by the same developers, is also brilliant. I transferred World Of Goo over from my Wii to my Wii U a few months ago so it's all ready to go.

Offline Late

« Reply #2440 on: December 22, 2013, 02:17:26 AM »
Bought it on Wii, pc , Xbox 360, and android - so it's definitely doing something right!

Offline harv

« Reply #2441 on: December 22, 2013, 03:11:59 AM »
Most of the development, on the first two versions for the PC and Wii at least, was done by two people. Pretty impressive.

They've also done Little Inferno which is awesome. On paper it really shouldn't work lol. You've got a bloomin great big furnace and a box of matches. So you burn the leaflet that came with it and you get money for doing it. So you order stuff from a catalogue and burn it and get more cash. There are also puzzles in the form of combos, burn the right combination of stuff and you unlock stuff like extra catalogues to order from.

It doesn't sound great but once you start playing it's very difficult to put down lol.

Offline jman

« Reply #2442 on: December 24, 2013, 10:12:41 AM »
I think we did top 5 games of this gen already.. I cant put my games in order.. too difficult..

Top 10 Retail Games -

1. The Orange Box
2. Lost Odyssey
3. Skyrim
4. Dead Space
5. Fallout 3
6. Halo 3
7. Farcry 3
8. Resonance of Fate
9. Gears of War
10. Bioshock

and my 5 stinkers of the gen.. (games I actually bought, paid for and played)

1. Juiced 2 : Hot Import Nights
2. Saints Row 3
3. Alone In The Dark
4. Brain Challenge
5. Kane & Lynch Dead Men

« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 10:24:57 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #2443 on: December 24, 2013, 03:16:59 PM »
I'm REALLY doing my best to be good and not open my Christmas pressie from my Mum early. Wonder if I'm going to be able to manage it..? :o

Offline harv

« Reply #2444 on: December 25, 2013, 05:26:17 PM »
Well I managed to be good ;D

My Mum got me Super Mario 3D World, Batman Arkham Origins and Sonic Lost World. Lovely jubbly!

Played a bit of Super Mario 3D World and it's fucking gorgeous! I can see why one of the reviews said that after playing this game he thought that after seeing this he thought everyone else had been doing HD wrong lol ;D