https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 681381 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3120 on: March 18, 2015, 01:03:08 PM »
When the JAGUAR released some several years after the SNES and GENESIS consoles did with improved graphics and new games... did Sega and Nintendo stop to create another iteration of their home consoles... No.. the Jaguar was utter shite, nobody bought it and it died a death.

Welcome to the NX harv ;)

Offline harv

« Reply #3121 on: March 18, 2015, 05:31:51 PM »
Well we'll have to wait and see. ;)

Have been playing Castlevania on my 3DS and it's awesome. Probably the best game I've played on my 3DS so far. I've always loved Metroidvania games and games that have plenty of lore hidden around to read. The 3D works well, although it's mostly a 2.5D game in appearance but the camera does shift around during parts of boss fights to make them properly 3D.

The music is great, the story is pretty good and apart from a few instances where the Director doesn't take advantage of using the 3D effect of things appearing to appear outside of the screen the direction is pretty good.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #3122 on: March 19, 2015, 09:23:33 AM »
Have barely touched my xbox One in the last fortnight or so.
Got into a few games on Steam, on the pc, and been playing them a lot. And I got a new media player for under the tv. Android based, with xbmc. Have spent a lot of time playing around with the settings etc as well as watching a lot of tv in the last couple of days.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #3123 on: March 20, 2015, 02:53:09 PM »
Halo 5: Guardians - HuntTheTruth.

Not sure what that's about...
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #3124 on: March 24, 2015, 01:39:27 PM »
You can now apply to join the Beta for Rainbow 6 Siege here:

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/beta/

(If you don't have the game pre-ordered you'll need to login, and answer a few questions.)

Offline jman

« Reply #3125 on: March 24, 2015, 02:32:51 PM »
Nice one late... I signed up for it on the PC.. although could very well buy it on the X1 - haven't decided yet.. depends if my geeky pc mates get it

Offline jman

« Reply #3126 on: March 26, 2015, 06:33:46 PM »
GWG April

* Pool Nation FX ($9.99 ERP): Available all month on Xbox One
* Child of Light ($14.99 ERP): Available all month on Xbox One
* Gears of War: Judgment ($19.99 ERP): Available from April 1-15 on Xbox 360
* Terraria ($14.99 ERP): Available from April 1-15 on Xbox 360
* Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag ($29.99 ERP): Available from April 16-31 on Xbox 360
* Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel ($19.99 ERP): Available from April 16-31 on Xbox 360

Child of Light is okay - good,  would recommend that if you haven't already played.  Looks like just pool nation for me

Offline Late

« Reply #3127 on: March 27, 2015, 01:59:55 AM »
Not bad. I've only got one of the six.

Offline jman

« Reply #3128 on: March 27, 2015, 07:40:54 AM »
Yeah its not a bad list at all.. and to be honest, I'd be quite tempted to play Black Flag.. although I don't want to go back to the 360 and I dont really want to get started with Assassin's Creed again...

Installed Murdered Soul Suspect last night.. I now only have 9GB available  :(  I think I'm gonna have to go with a 2TB hard-drive - so on the lookout for a bargain.. really don't want to pay more than £70 for one..

And finally 100%'ed Defense Grid 2 last night.. 100 (DIFFERENT) Gold Medals obtained - it was a right chore if I'm honest.

Offline Late

« Reply #3129 on: March 27, 2015, 09:58:58 AM »
Have definitely deleted over 200gb of games from my xb1's hdd in the last six months. The bugger's always full.
I'm in no rush to get an external drive, though. I don't mind deleting games (and reinstalling later if needed).

I've only turned the 360 on once or twice in the last year and a half, but still add the free games twice a month (via the website). Might've missed one, possibly two, but I've effectively added about 35 games to my account without once looking at them.

I do recommend Black Flag, mind. Definitely my favourite AC game to date. Assassins are cool, pirates are cool, but Pirate Assassins are the ultimate ;)

Offline Late

« Reply #3130 on: March 27, 2015, 11:33:44 AM »
Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious Digital Edition is now available to download for free on both xbox one and xbox 360.
Price goes up to £8 next week. Even if you're not interested in playing it, and have no intention of every installing it there's no harm in adding it to your account while it's free. (It'll still be free to play if you add it now and don't get round to playing it for a few months.)

Offline Late

« Reply #3131 on: March 27, 2015, 02:49:51 PM »
£21.85 for 12 months Xbox Live Gold membership at cdkeys:

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360?mw_aref=4589656

(Price listed £22.99, but you can get 5% discount via the link at the top of the page.)

Recently checked mine and it runs out in March 2017 so I don't think I'll bother topping up just yet... ;)

Offline jman

« Reply #3132 on: March 28, 2015, 02:28:14 PM »
I'm quite enjoying Murdered Soul Suspect.. I haven't got so far yet but the story is pretty good - I'm wondering why this game got so badly reviewed.. perhaps its not the most action packed game and its quite linear.. but the story is making up for it - its like the game equivalent of the film Ghost.

Edit: Played a couple more hours now.. the story is still going strong.. I really like it... its by far the most redeeming feature of the game.. the game is very easy.. I haven't died yet, unsure if you can.. considering your a ghost.. but there are no tricky parts.. finding all the collectibles in a mission can take a while though... The gameplay.. yeah, its not the best in the world, and it goes at quite a sedate pace.. there's no guns or weapons or anything like that and I don't think its going to last much more than 10 hours in total to fully complete it.. but for £6.50 odd.. I'm pretty pleased with it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:40:28 PM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #3133 on: March 30, 2015, 08:36:43 AM »
Well I actually finished and 100%'ed Murdered Soul Suspect over the weekend lol.. The xbox said I had been playing for 14 hours on it.. but I suspect quite a few of those hours I was actually idle.

So I can see why the game didn't get very high marks, its quite a short game, there's little re-playability, despite a small sandbox hub area, the game funnels you down a linear path, your ghostly powers are very limited, it is a very easy game with no difficulty levels and there is occasional screen lag.

However, for £6.50, I thought I definitely got my moneys worth, because the story is excellent with roots in the real world, the graphics are not bad.. and your a ghost detective!!  I'd love to see a 2nd game that addresses the main issues, but also ups the violence, horror and gore.. so basically a bit like Condemned.. but with a much better story.  There weren't any real scary bits in M:SS, but there was a point I was concentrating and my phone went off and made me shit my pants lol.

Offline jman

« Reply #3134 on: March 30, 2015, 08:20:40 PM »
Fuck it, saw Sunset Overdrive on sale for about £18 somewhere last week but didn't pick it up.. bought it brand new from Amazon for £20 tonight.. really looking forward to playing it.  Also bought Watch Dogs (used) from Grainger for £10.

Should keep me busy for a while at least.  :D

Edit: Had to un-install Ryse (40GB) lol.. hopefully be enough space.. but maybe not.  Will be buying a hard-drive next month.. I don't like un-installing games  :-\
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:23:59 PM by jman »