https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 683472 times)

Offline bealec

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2685 on: April 13, 2014, 08:16:39 AM »
Anyone who has an IPhone and wants a Gameboy Emulator I'm currently using www.gba4iosapp.com Apple don't allow them so you can't download through the App Store. You usually have to jailbreak your phone to get one but not with this one. Just download it off the site. You need to set the date on your phone to February 17th whilst it's downloading but once it's downloaded you can just change your date back. It works great. Bit if a battery drainer though.

Offline jman

« Reply #2686 on: April 14, 2014, 01:01:32 PM »
Trials Fusion is out on Wednesday.. no idea how much it will cost.. but I'm absolutely broke this month, so might have to wait until I get paid before I get it... or I might be able to squeeze it in.. no multiplayer this time around.. don't think it really gave much to the series - but I hope they haven't skimped on the single player

Offline harv

« Reply #2687 on: April 15, 2014, 04:16:29 PM »
Looks like Watch Dogs is going to be a pile of old shite. Apparently games journalists are being given free Nexus 7s...bribery, much..? :o :-\ :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2688 on: April 17, 2014, 06:47:48 AM »
Had a couple of hours on Trials Fusion yesterday. Downloaded it from the Marketplace for £15.99... From what I've seen of the beginner levels, it's quite nice looking (for a 900p game :P), and as addictive as ever. Can't wait to play it later today and enjoy some more expletive-inducing fun.

Also picked up Rayman Legends last week and have played that a little bit. Great fun but I seem to miss like one teensie on each level so will have to go back through to get them all.

Offline jman

« Reply #2689 on: April 17, 2014, 07:45:59 AM »
I'll get Trials Fusion at the end of the month.. and Wolfenstein next month too.. bad reviews of Kinect Sports Rivals has put me off buying that until the price drops.

One tip for Rayman Legends is not so much to get every teensie on the first run through (as they are easy enough to go back and get) but to make sure you get the gold medal on as many levels as possible.. otherwise it requires replaying the whole level again and not just looking for one or two teensies.

Offline Late

« Reply #2690 on: April 17, 2014, 09:41:49 AM »
Have seen a few good prices for Wolfenstein and WatchDogs - which is always a worrying sign.

Wolfenstein £37.75 at Gameseek.
WatchDogs potentially £32.00 at Tesco.

I like the look of both, but won't preorder - I'll wait for reviews.
Will pick up Trials Fusion some time soon. I do love a bit of Trials (though I usually struggle more than you lads with the toughest levels - credit where it's due).

Make sure you do the Daily Challenges, Kenny (preferably getting a Silver or better on each). Naturally you'll be behind me in the leaderboards, but I'll deliberately post some crap scores in the next week so you feel better about yourself and get the achievement.
(That's my excuse in :D )
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:45:15 AM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2691 on: April 17, 2014, 10:32:49 AM »
Well there is no multiplayer for Wolfy - so I can't see it getting too high a score - but from what I've seen it should be getting a high 80's score - personally if the single player campaign is lengthy, I'm all for ditching a multiplayer mode.  I wouldn't say £38 is that cheap either.. think that's around what I paid for Titanfall.

Offline harv

« Reply #2692 on: April 17, 2014, 11:49:24 AM »
The fact that Ubisoft felt the need to bribe journalists with Nexus 7s is a bit of a concern too. Doesn't bode well so far, but we'll have to wait and see. I just hope this isn't one of those games that SHOULD have been awesome but turns out that for various Development Hell reasons turns out to be a pile of old pants. :-\ :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #2693 on: April 17, 2014, 12:15:26 PM »
WatchDogs might not be the jaw-dropper we initially thought it might be, but it should do okay. I get the distinct impression it's largely Assassin's Creed with a new skin - and that's no bad thing.
Most of the Assassin's Creed games have been very good, and the latest one in particular was great.

Whether your character having near-future hacking tech is better than him having a pirate ship is something only time will tell... ;)

Not too worried about the so called "bribes". It's fairly common to get goodie-bags at such events, and the tablets probably cost them around $150 each which is not really exorbitant in terms of corporate freebies. I'm not sure why it's being sensationalised.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2694 on: April 17, 2014, 05:54:03 PM »
Titanfall servers down AGAIN, bought trials fusion, fuck it

Offline harv

« Reply #2695 on: April 17, 2014, 06:35:30 PM »
Have just bought that Nintendo Pocket Football Club game from the 3DS eShop. Really liked the look of it from that Nintendo Direct a while ago. Taking forever to download though. Going to be the first football management game I've played since I was made redundant by Eidos, really looking forward to it. Only cost £10.79 too.

Am really surprised they haven't released it in the States though given football's rise in popularity these last 10 years over there. It's not as if it's that much of a risk, it looks like a reasonably low budget title and is only available through digital distribution. Particularly with the World Cup coming it would make sense releasing it worldwide (although it is club football and not national football).

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #2696 on: April 17, 2014, 10:29:25 PM »
Had a couple of hours on Trials, smashed all Jman's scores (as ya do :P). The only part I seem to struggle with is perfecting the landings after big jumps.

FFX/FFX-2 HD Remaster came through the post today as well. Gotta find time to get stuck into that and kick Sin's arse again. X is Probably my 3rd favourite FF.

Offline jman

« Reply #2697 on: April 18, 2014, 12:16:43 PM »
Everyone knows I only take one go to post a gold medal, I'll be going back later to beat scores, knew late wouldn't be able to resist  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #2698 on: April 18, 2014, 09:56:37 PM »
Just finished my first season:

Played 10, Won 10, Goals For 26, Goals Against 5, Goal Difference +21

Not too bad. ;D

Got knocked out of the first round of the Cup after getting hammered 7-0 though  :o

It's pretty basic as far as the tactics options go but I guess they've done that to keep it accessible to as many people as possible. You've basically got 3 options: 1) To go after every scoring opportunity, 2) Balanced play and 3) Defensive and counter when possible. Then you have the option of changing how high or low your defensive, midfield or strikers lines are.

Simple but it works.

Offline harv

« Reply #2699 on: April 18, 2014, 10:17:31 PM »
Here's my team. Those stats for the players have been improved though, not sure how often they update the site. And that isn't my first choice lineup now either.

I really love games like this, although working on Championship Manager for so long has jaded my enthusiasm for the genre somewhat. I think what I like the best about this is that it isn't a barrage of spreadsheets being thrown at you, it's a lot simpler.

The training is also interesting. When you play matches you get training cards awarded to you. And those training cards when combined with others at the training ground unlock stuff like switching play from one wing to the other for example as a bonus. And of course different individual cards up certain stats. I think I've got a couple of players still with an E grade stat or two but should get that sorted before the next season starts.