https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Conference 6 Thread  (Read 142960 times)

Offline bluestarknights

Re: Conference 6 Thread
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2019, 08:28:04 PM »
you got your wish Gull, avoided my Knights at first. i’ve got a fixture list from hell starting this season off 😭

Gull

« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2019, 07:53:22 PM »
6-1-1 NEWCOMERS

With the season now 5 games in we take a look a couple of new teams that have recently gained promotion to Conference 6's top flight. Enjoying a rapid rise to 6-1-1 almost hand in hand, Hollywood Heroes and Grays Athletic have together enjoyed successful seasons occupying the top 2 promotion slots in 6-1-4, 6-1-3 and 6-1-2, with the latter pipping their counterparts to the title in the last 3 campaigns.

HOLLYWOOD HEROES   
With one of the more smaller playing budgets in the league, critics were of the opinion that Greg would need to significantly strengthen their side if they were to have any chance of surviving the drop in the first season in 6-1-1. The fixture computer didn't do Hollywood any favours to say the least, throwing them up against Park My Seagull, Pyros and SidraT in a tricky start to life at the top. So far despite a clear difference in quality Hollywood haven't been disgraced, their GD reading +1 despite slipping into the relegation zone after last nights defeat.

GRAYS ATHLETIC
Pedros went on record at the start of the season saying he would be happy to finish 12th but he may be doing a disservice to his young side that could be capable of a Top 8 finish. Things haven't really clicked for Grays so far and it may take a little bit of time for his side to adjust to life in 6-1-1, however there are signs of promise with 2 wins out of 5 a good return. They meet familiar foes Hollywood Heroes tomorrow in a big clash at the bottom which could be a 6 pointer even at this early stage of the season. With a talented midfield though, there's no reason why Grays can't achieve an ICC place which will be a great reward for the hard work shown in previous seasons.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 08:00:21 PM by Gull »

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2019, 08:13:21 PM »
love these Gull! welcome to the two new guys :-D take loads of points off Gull please

Gull

« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2019, 10:29:13 AM »
HONOURS EVEN AT THE TOP

RED STAR KNIGHTS 0 v 0 PARK MY SEAGULL

It was a case of something having to give as the two sides boasting 100% records locked horns late last night. With both teams having a fully fit squad of 20 to choose from, it was probably not too much of a surprise that the game fizzled out in a stalemate with very little talking points, with both teams of similar quality cancelling each other out. With many Knights fans claiming that Gulls side always crack under pressure, The Seagulls stood up to some robust play with a few fiesty challenges going in from the home team.

There wasn't too much to write home about until the 74th minute though. The Knights, opting for Counter Attacks, were being overrun from Gulls Defensive switch early on and things took a turn for the worst with midfielder Sith Caith going for an early bath. Only an inspired goalkeeping performance from Wallace Barrett kept the Gulls at bay and the game drew to a close with both sides having to settle for a point.

6-1-1 SIDES IN ELITE CUP ACTION

CSI-MARGATE v JELLYBELLIES
CSI-RAMSGATE v HOLLYWOOD HEROES
DULWICH HAMLET v IM A BLADE FC
GRAYS ATHLETIC v AMERICAN MISFITS
LUCY WANDERERS v PARK MY SEAGULL
RED STAR KNIGHTS v CSI-CANTERBURY
SUBGENIUS v UNIV. CRAIOVA

« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 10:31:16 AM by Gull »

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2019, 03:37:19 PM »
class write up!

i’ll take a point from our game, it’s always tough against your lot. it’s made it tighter st the top now, with a few teams within striking distance

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2019, 05:30:59 AM »
in what has become a tradition, Gull takes the lead in 611 😬

Gull

« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2019, 09:24:40 AM »
in what has become a tradition, Gull takes the lead in 611 😬

Followed by the traditional bottling of finishing the season in 2nd.  :D

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2019, 05:40:36 AM »
3 goalless draws in a row. beers for the defenders lashes for the attackers 😜 a handy 4 point lead for Gull now

Gull

« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2019, 07:00:57 AM »
8 games in and 0 goals conceded :o

Gull

« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2019, 12:01:06 AM »
Just sending a Raven to let you know that the Westerosi landed quietly on the shores of 6-x-x last season.   We will begin the long march to 6-1-1 , training and picking up new recruits on the way ready to attack some time this summer.  Build a wall, do whatever ...cos we are coming and not  in peace!  The old team are just about dead now. Do the dead frighten you?

Shame Westeros XI have now become a computer team. Hopefully will see Jose back soon.

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2019, 07:51:35 AM »
thank you CSI :D Gull still in pole but at least within striking distance (i hope)

very tight from 8th to 4th 

Gull

« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2019, 11:51:42 AM »
Think I got away with one last night, losing tactically for a long time and if Margate would've grabbed a late goal I doubt my change would've affected the result. Still happy to stay unbeaten though! Anyway, any danger of anyone scoring against the Knights? My money is on a computer side notching the first  ;)

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2019, 02:14:36 PM »
and i have exodus tomorrow :P you've also had quite a stellar defensive record, 2 in 13! what's the odds of 2 teams being unbeaten in the league at season end? should be sky high considering the other teams quality

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #163 on: August 13, 2019, 05:30:41 AM »
i’m going to keep a bit quiet, i’ve got my bogey team tonight and i’ve conceded 2 in 3

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2019, 06:19:38 AM »
well played Gull, a good win in the title decider 👏 and the first loss for the rsk this season