https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: E3 2013  (Read 17295 times)

Offline jman

Re: E3 2013
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 06:54:16 AM »
Ahhh fuck, not what I wanted to happen, Xbox game line up is far stronger but the ps4 hardware is far more appealing  :-\  The price difference is the massive thing here, so surprised at the X1 being so prohibitively expensive
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:56:10 AM by jman »

Offline bealec

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 08:11:58 AM »
Looks like I'll be getting a PS4 then.

Offline jman

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013, 08:15:28 AM »
So what we are found out so far from E3 :

Xbox One
Price : £429.99
Available : November (suggested 1st-5th)
Network changes : 2 free games every month to Gold members, MS points dead - prices will now be in local currency instead, only one gold membership needed per household console.  Used game restrictions + online check authentication required.
Games :
Forza 5 - exclusive (launch)
Ryse : Son of Rome - exclusive (launch)
Sunset Overdrive - exclusive
World of Tanks - console exclusive
Quantum Break - exclusive
Crimson Dragon - exclusive
Killer Instinct - exclusive (launch)
Dead Rising 3 - exclusive (launch)
Halo 5 - exclusive (2014)
Titanfall - exclusive (spring)
Below - exclusive
Witcher 3 - console exclusive
Project Spark - exclusive
Untitled game from Black Tusk - exclusive
Kinect Sports Rivals - exclusive (launch)

PS4
Price : £349.99
Available : Holiday season
Network changes : PS+ required to play online, Cross game video chat and background downloading features added. Cloud service available in 2014
Games :
The Order 1886 - exclusive
Final Fantasy XV - exclusive
Kingdom Hearts 3 - exclusive
Killzone Shadow Fall - exclusive (launch)
DriveClub - exclusive (launch)
Knack - exclusive (launch)
Infamous Second Son - exclusive
Gran Turismo 6 - exclusive
Loads of indie titles...

Other games shown for both platforms
Metal Gear Solid 5
Dark Souls 2
Destiny
Mad Max
Battlefield 4 - Xbox 1 - map pack timed exclusive
Batman Arkham Origins
Assassins Creed 4
Elder Scrolls Online - PS4 - exclusive timed beta
NBA2K 14

EA Conference
Plants vs Zombies : Garden Warfare
Peggle 2 - no trailer.. just some awkward guy announcing it
Star Wars : Battlefront
Need For Speed : Rivals
Dragon Age 3 : Inquisition
NBA Live 14
Madden NFL 25
Fifa 14
EA Sports UFC
Mirrors Edge 2
NHL 2014

Ubisoft Conference
Rocksmith 2014
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Rayman Legends
The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot
South Park : The Stick of Truth
The Crew (looks amazing!)
Watch Dogs
Just Dance 2014
Rabbids Invasion
The Division
Trials Fusion
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:39:58 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2013, 10:48:05 AM »
Great round up, Kieron. Thanks - will have a look over those links when I have some time.

At the moment I'm very much leaning toward the ps4 rather than the xb1 (out of those two options - but I still have my eye on steambox).
Xbox has some great features and exclusives, but it's got a lot of negatives - and I ain't enamoured at the proposition of paying £430 for a console with that many negatives when it's rival is slightly more powerful and costs eighty quid less. Of course there's other considerations, that I'll consider more fully when I'm making my purchase - such as games catalogue, non-gaming features, and console reliability. But eighty quid's eighty quid...

I've always said I don't anticipate buying a machine at launch, and will probably wait until next summer, so I'm not saying for certain that I'll be getting a ps4. There's a lot can happen in the next twelve months. But that's the way the wind's blowing at the moment...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2013, 12:33:34 PM »
Well lets face it, Microsoft have fucked up in several aspects here.. the machine sounds great.. the games look awesome.. but the price is too high and its policies are baloney... the PS4 will be the run-away leader of next-gen - no doubt.

I'm really undecided that I'm toying with buying both - I don't want to miss out on the xbox games I know and love.. plus the exclusives sound far better to me... but on the same hand I don't want to put up with shitty policies when I don't have to.

Offline Late

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2013, 02:48:44 PM »
You can't get both. The xbox will go fuckin' mental!

I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2013, 03:13:56 PM »
Good news, Wii U fans. You're getting some revamped Pokemon and Mario games. But you might have to wait until next year.
Way to blow everyone's socks off, Ninty.

Offline jman

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2013, 03:59:00 PM »
lol... I'll go through Nintys conference tomorrow and add it to my post.. not expecting there to be a lot there though... just added Trials Fusion to Ubisoft - love them Trials games  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2013, 04:16:12 PM »
Their E3 Nintendo Direct was a complete clusterfuck. It was unwatchable, buffering all over the place and what little I did see was disappointing. I'm watching it again now as I post. Graphically Mario Kart 8 is streets ahead of the 3D Mario game, and the 3D Mario game is surprisingly disappointing.

Basically Nintendo and Microsoft have handed this gen to the PS4.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2013, 05:08:56 PM »
Have just watched the parts that I missed due to the shite stream. The only 'next gen' looking games were Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong, X and Bayonetta 2. I was really expecting more from 3D Mario and less from Mario Kart 8...am really surprised.

I'm hoping this is their Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct and we'll see more in the next few days, particularly fromthird parties for next year. Very disappointing. :'(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2013, 08:06:19 PM »
I thought the PS4 reveal was quite a success...They announced alot of things that consumers wanted to hear...I know you now you have to effectively subscribe to play online, but you'll be getting free stuff for doing so in the process, which is a great counter offer for people who loved the free PS3 online.

Alot of redeeming features too...12 new IP's exclusive to the PS4, upgradable hard drive, region free, can play pre-owned/used games without being penalised (the instructional video on how to share your games on the PS4 was laugh out loud hilarious), marketing at £329 and a ton of partnerships with big music and movie groups.

Just don't understand the logic behind Microsofts decision making...They've handed the crown to Sony. Which has the better game line-up is merely opinion...But it's a fact Sony have a stronger machine regarding hardware. Really don't know where Microsoft go from here tbh.

Offline jman

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2013, 08:36:28 PM »
I know you now you have to effectively subscribe to play online, but you'll be getting free stuff for doing so in the process

All that free stuff... that costs money right??.. lol.. there's no way of sugar-coating the fact that your getting rinsed to play online just like the rest of us.. as a strong advocate of free online gaming.. I'm surprised your so upbeat about the news.. well I'm not really.. but y'know - its kinda funny with the arguments you've tried to raise in the past... I've no doubt you'll adopt PS+ as soon as the PS4 arrives.  ;D

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2013, 09:05:03 PM »
Well put it this way, they could have very easily said "We'll charge you for the online service, and if you want PS+, we'll charge you for that too."

Sony could have very easily kept both services seperate and charged double, or something...At least they're giving customers something back for them having to fork out a little bit more to play online, whereas Microsoft have just completely ripped the soul out of their consumer base with all their nonsense decisions.

Having to have your console connected online at least once every 24 hours is a joke, and I don't even need to go into their policy on used games...Oh yeah, and you also need to have gold subscription if you wanna use Netflix, as well as pay the 5 quid a month on top.

Whats with all the kinect bullshit too? They're becoming as bad as Nintendo with all this gimmicky shite...The sad thing about that is, the hiked up price compared to the PS4 is probably down to the fact you have to have kinect with the bundle...Take it out and you probably save at least 50 quid, but you're doing stuff Microsofts way and thats the bottom line.

Not that I give a shit or anything, I'm more than happy with what the PS4 is offering and I don't even need to give it a second thought at to what console I'm picking up this winter.

Offline Late

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2013, 09:20:23 PM »
Everyone with a ps3 should already be on PS+ anyway. The "free" games they give you are fantastic.

In most respects Sony has Microsoft beat hands down, by my reckoning.
However I much prefer the Xbox controller to the PlayStation controller. Don't know what the fuck use it's touchpad is.

Offline harv

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2013, 10:10:37 PM »
Hang on. Sony aren't charging anyone to play online. It's the same deal as with the PS3 - you can play online without paying a penny but get charged for PlayStation Plus which gives you 'free' games and access to Beta versions of games. Online is still free for the PS4, it's working exactly the same way as the PS3 online system. They said this during their conference.