https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: E3 2013  (Read 17297 times)

Offline jman

Re: E3 2013
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2013, 02:30:55 PM »
You're see it as you're paying for the games.
I'm seeing it the other way round. I'm paying for the online service. The games are just a bonus. (And a pretty bloody good bonus.)

Well.. at the moment you are just paying for the games.. because you don't get much else with PS+ on the PS3 .. its implementation with the PS4 is yet to be seen.. whether the PS+ service will continue in the same fashion I mean.. either way, if I had a PS4, I'd be in the same boat as Ross, which would be paying for the online service primarily.. I haven't been paying for much online action with XBLG in the past 2 years either way.. I think I paid for about 1-2 months when Halo 4 came out and that was it.. the rest have been free trials and offers... my online presence has taken a nose dive since Bungie stopped making Halo and I found it tougher to make time to play online.  The Netflix side and all the other stuff that comes with the packages doesn't really appeal to me.  But I'm still of the opinion that XBL is a better online platform than PSN.. and you get what you pay for.. that's just an opinion but I think that's why Sony have introduced this online paywall... they want to give a better service to their customers which is fair enough... personally I don't have a problem paying for online gameplay.. as long as there are great games to play online!!

That games list is fairly comprehensible too.. but yeah, there's probably only about 3 or 4 that I would of taken advantage of.. I'd of probably downloaded a fair few of them that I wouldn't of bought normally.. but actually getting round to playing them.. doubtful.

Offline Late

« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2013, 02:57:43 PM »
Typed a long reply but deleted it for fear we're just going to keep going in circles. We'll never get past the "ifs and buts" on this, as we're looking from completely different perspectives, so we're probably best putting it to bed by saying that ps+ is great for some folk but isn't for everyone.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2013, 03:13:58 PM »
Yep absolutely...

Back onto E3 and something that has been slightly overlooked with the old Sony vs Microsoft hoohah.. (you may agree with me on this one)...

Oculus Rift is awesome.. well it sounds awesome anyway with people getting tech demos at E3... would love to give this a go.. and is certainly something I'd be looking into buying at release.

Offline Late

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2013, 04:01:19 PM »
I love the idea of Oculus Rift.

Would love to get my hands on one (so long as there's a few games, and there's no latency/lag issues). Everything I've read and seen about it has been really positive. It's one of those things, though, where you'll never be sure how good it is until you have a go on it yourself.

I think I mentioned a while back on here that the idea of combining an Oculus Rift headset and a Falcon controller is a very exciting prospect.

Edit - found it
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:03:32 PM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2013, 09:11:34 AM »
I think the main reason OR is going down a storm everywhere is because everyone at some point must of had the idea that VR will be the future.. I actually played a virtual reality game back in the 90s when everyone was going nuts for VR and it was awesome.. but very disorientating and the graphics were shit... but it was still great!  I cant for the life of me remember what game I was playing.. but you were in charge of an orb shaped ship and I remember flying through some desert.. I always thought it was "Dune" but I cant find anything to corroborate that a VR game actually existed for it.

That falcon controller looks good... although I think it just proves that playing a game using OR alone is probably not going to be as immersive as most people think.. you would need other peripherals to get the most out of it I reckon.