https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: E3 2012  (Read 18139 times)

Offline harv

Re: E3 2012
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2012, 01:30:43 AM »
Having the dlc included doesn't mean the game is better than the versions on other consoles.
Aliens won't use the controller as motion detector.
Having the map on your controller instead of your tv adds nothing.

Having DLC included adds value.

Aliens has been confirmed to use the GamePad as a motion detector. Flicking your gaze between the motion detector and the telly screen will increase tension, we've already seen ZombiU use this to great effect.

Having a larger map on the GamePad and the bog standard sized map on the telly will mean that you don't have to pause the game to set a waypoint. How can you not see the benefit of that..? It'll also allow you to quickly switch weapons, again, without using the pause menu. You get less immersion when you have to keep pausing the game to access theses things. Your gameplay experience will be much smoother. GTA is a prime example, as is Assassin's Creed.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2012, 02:39:59 AM »
Harv, those sorts of things already exist.....Fallout Ultimate Edition, DiRT 3 Ultimate Edition, Red Dead GOTY Edition etc.

The U isn't doing anything novel with bundled DLC, it already exists and has done for years.

Offline Late

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2012, 08:20:37 AM »
Having DLC included adds value.
Having DLC does add value. But isn't exclusive to the U. Every console gets GOTY editions.
Nobody's going to look at the U and think "I'll buy that console and the complete game I want to play rather than just buying the GOTY edition on my current console."

Aliens has been confirmed to use the GamePad as a motion detector. Flicking your gaze between the motion detector and the telly screen will increase tension, we've already seen ZombiU use this to great effect.
Source? If that's true it's a great result. I've said numerous times that I'd like to see that, but I thought I'd read they wouldn't be doing it.

Having a larger map on the GamePad and the bog standard sized map on the telly...
Dude, how small is your telly?! My telly's miles bigger than a U's touchscreen...

...will mean that you don't have to pause the game to set a waypoint. How can you not see the benefit of that..? It'll also allow you to quickly switch weapons, again, without using the pause menu. You get less immersion when you have to keep pausing the game to access theses things. Your gameplay experience will be much smoother. GTA is a prime example, as is Assassin's Creed.
You also lose immersion when you look away from your TV. Good luck setting waypoints on your touchscreen without moving your eyes from the tv.
Changing weapons is done in most games by pressing a shoulder button, not by pausing the game.
You think looking away from the tv to the tablet, pressing the "change weapons" virtual button, and fannying around in that menu will be more smooth and intuitive than tapping a bumper button? I'd love to be up against you on an FPS. "No fair, stop shooting - I'm navigating menus!..." :rolleyes:
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...