https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Wii U pricing  (Read 48943 times)

Offline Late

Wii U pricing
« on: June 10, 2012, 11:04:56 AM »
No official word on rrp yet, as far as I'm aware, but Shopto now taking pre-orders at £280 (rrp according to them).

Sounds entirely plausible. Not interested.

Link
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:14:50 AM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

Re: Wii U pricing
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 07:58:39 PM »
MissedADecimalPoint.Com

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »
Less than average for the price of a new home console, was expecting £299.99 myself. Should have NintendoLand packed in too I reckon.

I'm planning on getting it along with Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, Assassin's Creed 3, Arkham Asylum, ZombiU, Rayman Legends and the Rabbids game at launch and will get Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge and Aliens Colonial Marines after Christmas.

ZombiU and Lego City Stories are the stand out titles for me at launch, it's a real shame that Aliens Colonial Marines has been delayed until February though because it should be a graphical showcase for the U and the GamePad. Still, the lighting for ZombiU was excellent so it should look pretty good by the time it's finished.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 08:44:46 PM »
That's a lot of games. Wish I was on the dole so I could get all the consoles/games you get.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 09:56:57 PM »
Profits from betting mate. If you had given Bonus Bagging a go you'd have a few hundred quid going spare too. I'm also saving money for it too. The way that Housing Benefit works gives me two payments per month for 10 months of the year and three payments for 2 months of the year. This means that each month I pay the difference as if I'm getting 2 payments every month...which means that I get to keep my 1st or 3rd payment for two months and put it in my pocket. It's a very handy way of saving money, things are pretty tight for 10 months but it's definitely worth it because it allows me to buy "luxury" goods.

Forgot about Darksiders 2 as well.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 10:52:06 PM »
The way that working works is that we go to work and get money to pay for things.
Not as much as we'd like, and it takes up most of our day, but such is life for most of us.

But we digress, and I'm afraid that's my fault.

Offline harv

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 11:35:12 PM »
I'd love to be working again mate, just not possible for me at the moment unfortunately. :'(

You should give Bonus Bagging a go mate, it's basically free money...and tax free too. 8)

I should be investing in All By The Book 2 at some point, probably not for a good few months though. A bit wary about bookies closing my accounts as 'non-profitable' for them though. Might have to deposit some cash and lose a few bets on purpose just to keep them happy lol. Haven't got the starting bank available for that yet, need around £700 but should have £505 in my Betfair account in the early hours of the morning if a Brazilian match result doesn't come in. ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 08:48:36 AM »
What im finding funny there is shopto have priced Wii U titles at a "budget" price like all the Wii games are..  (for example - Assassins Creed 3 is £10 cheaper on the Wii U than the 360/PS3 versions)

Surely the Wii U games will have higher production costs which will in turn inflate game prices.. tell me Im right harv ?? 

Of course the other reason Wii U titles could cost less.. is because they are going to be watered down and shit.. just like the Wii games ?

Offline harv

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 02:40:14 PM »
The price of U games should be in line with the standard price of PS3 and 360 games unfortunately. We might see the likes of Arkham Asylum and Ninja Gaiden 3 being budget titles considering they're old ports but they've also had improvements made and include all DLC so it's not likely. Apparently they've fixed just about everything wrong with the PS3 and 360 SKU's of Ninja Gaiden 3, the reaction of some PS3 and 360 owners is quite amusing...BETRAYALTON :o :P ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 02:24:54 PM »
Game prices all look to have been bumped up by a tenner now.

Offline harv

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 06:01:57 PM »
Yup, thought they would do. There's some interesting rumours going around on Gaf about the CPU and GPU. They're saying that the CPU is less powerful than the Xenon in the 360 but the GPU is a GPGPU. Interesting choice by Nintendo if that is the case. GPGPUs use compute shaders and all next gen engines and the next gen consoles from both Sony and Microsoft will have GPGPUs. It basically means that developers porting from the PS3/360 to the U are going to struggle due to the less powerful CPU but next gen we'll see the benefits of their choice. Could be a load of old bollocks of course, there's always a chance that Nintendo have adopted a more powerful CPU and a GPGPU.

Offline Late

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 07:16:51 PM »
£199.99 at Amazon.
That's more like it. Don't want one, but it's getting into impulse buy territory (and there's the possibility of shortages so resale at a profit)...

Offline harv

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 07:44:32 PM »
Bloody hell, I'm jumping straight on that!!! :o

Cheers for that late, decided to go for the 3 year warranty too for 50 quid. Was expecting to pay around 250300 anyway so got that just in case the things have a RROD or YLOD equivalent. Given their choice of GPU it's going to need some serious cooling 8)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:14:49 PM by harv »

Offline jman

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 08:21:34 AM »
lol, its been taken down already... not suprised, I think it was definitely a mistake (especially as the release date was set as 14th July and it was the black console which hasn't even been confirmed as launching).. Im not sure amazon will uphold it either, they have a history of cancelling orders and then re-listing the items to get around their price promises...personally I'd never order another console from amazon ever again after the whole 360 disaster though.. they cant be trusted to deliver on pre-orders.

Offline Late

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 08:38:27 AM »
Aye, I've ordered one but expect it to be cancelled (or for Amazon to claim the sku was for just one controller or something similar to weasel their way out of honouring orders).

Not bothered though. I've only got my order in to keep my options open, and would probably cancel it myself closer to the date.