https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 681180 times)

Offline jman

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3015 on: December 22, 2014, 09:32:37 PM »
Fuck sake... having a bit of a sesh on Halo matchmaking.. playing the anniversary playlist.. completed about 10 games tonight and still haven't played all the 5 maps since I owned the game... Keep getting bloody Warlock and Shrine... with a few games of Zenith thrown in every now and then... So haven't played Lockout or Stonetown.

Finally get Stonetown up (my favourite map) and start playing.. then after a few minutes of playing and doing well.. the xbox decides the game needs an update and kicks me out  >:(

The sooner they get an Objective playlist in the better... the problem with bunging it in with slayer is that 9 times out of 10, everyone will pick the slayer mode.. I don't mind Slayer, but much prefer CTF, Oddball and Bomb type games, plus you generally get better players in objective... I've had a few Slayer games tonight where my team have been bloody awful and in one case, someone commiting suicide constantly.  Also they should definitely get an Infection/Grifball playlist in there too... I've seen Grifball in the Halo 3 playlist.. but again its bunged in with everything else so rarely gets picked.

So finished Halo 2 and Halo 3 now... probably going to go back to Halo before doing Halo 4 - some of the achievements seem a bit glitched though... I completed Halo 3 on Heroic and didn't get any of the achievements.. all the missions are complete but the achievements sit at 88% so perhaps one of the levels didn't unlock properly :-\

So much content in this game though.. its crazy.. this probably bests The Orange Box for me in terms of value, content and enjoyment to be had.. and I loved The Orange Box.

Offline harv

« Reply #3016 on: December 23, 2014, 10:22:33 PM »
Fucking hell, my brother - who earns a ridiculous amount of money but despite that is as tight as a gnat's chuff - has bought his kids a Wii U for Christmas :o

I'm absolutely gobsmacked lol ;Dlol

Put it this way. My brother and his missus had a small, old CRT telly for years. His missus wanted them to buy a HDTV for years but he steadfastly refused. So she 'accidentally' spilt something down the back of the fucker lmfao ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #3017 on: December 24, 2014, 11:41:59 AM »
By waiting a few years to buy his telly he probably saved a couple of hundred quid. Which will easily buy a Wii U - so he essentially got it for free... ;)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3018 on: December 24, 2014, 02:42:02 PM »
Was more than a few years lol. That's why his missus destroyed the CRT lololol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3019 on: December 25, 2014, 06:31:05 PM »
Omfg, just talked to my Mum. Apparently my brother was going to buy them a Wii instead of a Wii U because it was cheaper until his missus pointed out that the price of the Wii U wasn't THAT much more expensive considering it's a new console. And he also managed to get a shitload of stuff on eBay for it too, I'm guessing Wii remotes and nunchucks. :o

Seriously, he's earning a small fortune and his missus is a teacher so she gets paid a good few quid too. He's even appeared on breakfast telly as a finance expert ffs. :o ;D ;D ;D

Christ, I hate to think what his kids are going to be like as adults. I don't know where he gets it from tbh. Our family never had a great deal of cash growing up but I've had the same upbringing and am quite happy to spend money when I have it. :-\

Offline harv

« Reply #3020 on: December 27, 2014, 07:28:08 PM »
Have been messing about with Blender and Photoshop and created this:

Only took me about half an hour 8)

FPS Creator Unloaded in still in Beta (actually it's more like an Alpha stage but they're calling it a Beta for some reason) and you die whenever you hit water lol, but at some point I'm going to start work on more stuff I can stick in an underwater game. Wasn't meant to be looking like the oil drum has been underwater for donkey's years, I kind of got carried away with the rust texture lol. :-[ ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3021 on: December 29, 2014, 07:30:31 PM »

Offline jman

« Reply #3022 on: January 03, 2015, 10:52:22 PM »
D4 is a bit too japanesey for me, might give it another go in the future, but certainly didn't make a good impact on the half hour I played this morning

Played about 5 minutes of Lego marvel, it's a shame it's a talking Lego game, takes away a lot of the charm for me.  I'd of rather of bought Lego hobbit but I'm not paying much more than £10 for a Lego game, just not worth it imo

Finally finished all the halo campaigns on MCC, took a while, don't know why I did halo 2 on normal, I did all the rest on heroic.  Did start on legendary on a few but they are a slog in single player. Nearly at 25% achievement completion lol

Offline jman

« Reply #3023 on: January 06, 2015, 07:05:34 PM »
Ah FFS... been playing Lego Marvel the last couple of days.. had 2.7% done by the end of yesterday.. did about 3 hours tonight... went to save and exit within a level.. it exited the game but then when I went to the load screen to see my percentage.. it said there was no load data at all.. it kept asking me to choose a profile as well (even though I was signed in on a profile).

So I quit the game entirely and restarted it.. and I'm now back on 2.7% and lost all the progress I've done today... fucking annoying... I reckon what happened was that when I started the game I didn't go through the load game screen.. it went straight into the game (the instant-on feature on X1).. I never got asked to choose a sign-in.. but it looks like when it was saving, it wasn't saving against my profile. 

A quick google search has just confirmed that... users recommending always restarting the game before playing.. its stupid because with other games they will chuck you back to the start screen if a sign-in change has occurred or if you haven't been recognised before playing. >:(

Edit : Looks like there are a ton of bugs/glitches with this game!  :o :o Cant say I've had any major problems with lego games before

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 07:10:23 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #3024 on: January 06, 2015, 11:18:56 PM »
I had a couple of problems with Lego City Undercover but then that's basically Lego GTA in a huge open world. Think I managed to crash it twice if I remember correctly, but given the scope of the game and the amount of different variables involved I wasn't surprised or disappointed by that. I was expecting more Class As tbh.

Offline jman

« Reply #3025 on: January 12, 2015, 08:29:41 AM »
Dunno what happened with Halo the other day, but got awarded with loads of achievements I quite clearly haven't done yet lol

Sat there with my Complete 100 missions or multiplayer games achievement pop.. earnt legit... then all of sudden, 150 one popped, then 200, then 250, then 300, then 350, then 400, then 450 and then 500 lol.  Not gonna complain about that - 80gs for nothing!

So I've done all the terminals on Halo 2 now.. I have the glitchy IWHBYD skull to get to complete the skullset still, but decided to do speed runs on each of the levels now as I'm getting a bit sick of replaying the same level to get that skull.

So many achievements.. and they've just added 500gs more for the Spartan ops...  I'm 29% complete at the moment.  8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3026 on: January 12, 2015, 03:50:40 PM »
So much for paying off a bit of my credit card last month. Got an email from Nintendo saying that because I'm a loyal customer they were offering me the chance to buy a New 3DS Ambassador Bundle before the New 3DS launches here in Europe. £185 including next day delivery. Will worry about paying for it later :-[ ;D

The Super-Stable 3D that the New 3DS uses is a real game changer. It basically uses the camera the recognise whether your head changes position and adjusts the 3D screen so that you don't get double vision on the screen when you move your head or the 3DS.

Have also ordered a Gateway flashcart too, the fact that the New 3DS ships with 9.0 firmware and that the Gateway flashcart supports any firmware from 7.x to 9.2 and the New 3DS hardware swayed my decision. Have over 600 3DS ROMs sitting on my hard drive lol ;D ;D ;D

Going to CEX once I get my flashcart and Gateway release their New 3DS exploit and trade my old 3DS and games in, should get me around a hundred quid so I can pay some of that credit card off again.

Offline jman

« Reply #3027 on: January 20, 2015, 01:34:47 PM »
Hit over 200 achievements unlocked on Halo:MCC last night.. woop.  Nearly half way there now lol.

Think I'm done with Halo 2 for a while.. will go back at some point to get the par score achievements, the ones I haven't got are either a massive ballache or ones that will take more than 5-10 minutes.  Time to have a good go at the Halo 3 achievements methinks.

Offline jman

« Reply #3028 on: January 22, 2015, 12:44:35 PM »
Microsofts augemented reality headset just announced..

HoloLens

Sounds boss!

Offline harv

« Reply #3029 on: January 22, 2015, 01:52:04 PM »
Sounds pretty cool, and the headset doesn't look too bad either. ;D