https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Films Thread  (Read 192299 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Films Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2012, 06:25:19 PM »
You should know full well that the first rule of that other Project is that you can't ask questions :P

I'm really tempted to download the other 3 parts of this 'Movies With A Twist' compilation but I'm short on disk space. Perhaps just part two... ;D 8)

Should have Seven in one of the other three, love that film!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline styles

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »
You should definitely start a masterclass so you can teach all the directors - let them know where they're going wrong.

lol
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2012, 02:04:26 PM »
Watched American History X this morning and remembered how much I love Edward Norton. Great bit of acting from him and the guy who plays his little brother. BIG cringe moment when he kills the black guys who try to steal from his van.

Offline harv

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »
Have been working my way through 'Movies With A Twist Part Two' which consists of the following:

Saw I-VI
Scream Trilogy
Se7en
Secret Window
Session 9
Shutter Island
Sleepaway.Camp
Solaris [2002]
Sphere.1998.
Spider(2002)
Stay[2005]
Suicide Kings [1998]
Taking.Lives[2004]
THE 13TH FLOOR.
The Crying Game(1992)
The Devil's Advocate.1997
The Game
The Jacket (2005)
The Man From Earth (2007)
The Manchurian Candidate (2004)
The Mist (2007)
The Nines[2007]
The Ninth Gate
The Others 2001
THE RING 2002
The Score (2001)
The Sixth Sense 1999
The.Descent.Unrated(2005)
The.Illusionist2006
The.Life.Of.David.Gale.2003
The.Machinist.2004
The.Orphanage[El.Orfanato][2007]
The.Prestige.2006
The.Salton.Sea.2002
The.Skeleton.Key 2005
The.Usual.Suspects.1995
The.Wicker.Man[2006]
They Live.1988.
Total Recall
Twelve.Monkeys.1995
Unbreakable (2000)
Vanilla Sky
Wanted 2008
Videodrome (David Cronenberg, 1983)

Just finished watching Sleepover Camp and the twist was a real cracker. A low budget 80s film with crap acting but definitely worth watching right to the end. Wasn't the twist I was expecting!!! :o

Shutter Island, Session 9 and Secret Window were all pretty good too. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline styles

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 07:12:01 PM »
avengers - any good?
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »
Not bad but nowhere near as good as the series when Emma Peel was in it. Hubba! Hubba! Hubba! :D :-*

Offline jman

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »
Off to watch the Avengers tonight.. everyone raving about it.. have to see it really...

...will get dragged along to watch American Pie : The Reunion next week as well although Im really not fussed about that at all..

Offline harv

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2012, 03:04:56 PM »
Just noticed that The Crying Game is one of the films I listed above, love that film! ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2012, 08:55:13 AM »
Avengers is a great superhero film.. enjoyed that.. few comedic elements in it and lots of fantastic action scenes....  hulk is great although I didnt get the fact that he is fighting black widow one second (seemingly because he cant control the hulk).. but at the end of the film.. works together with all the other avengers (seemingly being able to control the hulk).. was also impressed with the Hawkeye character.. they need to do a solo film with him in it - as it was.. there was talk of a lot of his backstory in the film but not being a fan of the comics.. it meant nothing to me...

..nor did the scene after the credits roll..  no idea who that guy is  ;)

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2012, 10:58:27 AM »
Can't wait to see it ...

... will flaming well have to though  :(
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2012, 02:09:40 PM »
Oops, thought we were talking about Uma Thurman in leather gear the other day lol :-[  ;D :P

Offline jman

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2012, 12:09:57 PM »
Yup going to watch American Pie : The Reunion tonight.. by the 2 trailers I saw.. it looks OK.. but Im haphazarding a guess here that they are the best bits of the film.. the rest will be drivel.. interspersed with annoying trashy american rock music... but the missus wants to see it...

...I guess I should be thankful that its not that crappy Johnny Depp Adams Family knockoff film.. which looks bloody awful!!

Would rather go and see Safe which looks more appealing to me.. JS looks badass in it...

...then theres The Dictator out soon.. which should be funny

...and MIB3 at the end of the month.. which looks OK..

...the new Expendables 2 trailer looks so good too..

could be a busy summer at the cinema!!

Offline bealec

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2012, 12:31:24 PM »
MIB3 has cheapened itself by having Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga in it. Unless their part is as an alien that Tommy Lee Jones blasts to shreds.

Offline Late

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2012, 04:52:43 PM »
Watched the Hunger Games last week. Wasn't expecting much, so wasn't disappointed - it's okay. I've not read the books, but the story was okay if a little predictable, the acting was okay, and the visuals were good (or rather they'd be good if I weren't watching a dodgy camcorder rip).
Mainly, though, it just reminded me that I need to get Battle Royale and watch that again - as BR was far superior... but I do need to see how much that opinion is clouded by nostalgia.

Also watched Bad Teacher. Barely watchable drivel (only watched it cos I was home with one of the kids (she's off school for a month or two) and we were working our way through a load of films). Only highlight is when Cameron Diaz is considering getting breast enlargement surgery and she has a good grope of a model's tits at the hospital to see how they feel. Well it'd be a highlight if I weren't watching it with my teenage daughter. It just becomes embarrassing under those circumstances, but I can't blame the film director for that.

I think the rest of the films we watched last week were all ones I'd seen before, including Thor, Captain America, and Incredible Hulk (in anticipation of seeing Avengers some time soon), Mission Impossible 4, the four Lethal Weapon films, and the first two Jurassic Park films.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2012, 06:06:24 PM »
Battle Royale is excellent. Would make an excellent video game too if done right. 8)