https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 683405 times)

Offline AVFCRoss

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #1905 on: June 25, 2013, 02:27:16 AM »
Finally completed Hitman 2, still an excellent game...The AI is incredibly dated though, and it is quite frustrating as a result sometimes, but it's stood the test of time well...It should be the benchmark for all stealth games...Just gotta go through the trophy list and grab whatevers left now, though collecting some of these guns will be a pain...

Offline Late

« Reply #1906 on: June 25, 2013, 10:05:21 AM »
Looking forward to playing the Hitman Trilogy, but it might be a while yet. It's been sat in the pile for a couple of months - which is nothing really; there's some games in that pile been there for well over a year.
But I finally got XCOM ordered yesterday, and have been keen to play that for a long while - so the plan is to finish off Lego LOTR (which is okay but definitely not my favourite lego game - but I never liked the LotR books or the films...) then xcom. And a second play through State of Decay. Then hopefully Hitman.

Must have a look at my digital downloads at some point, too. I'm sure there's half a dozen games there that I've downloaded while on offer with the intention of looking at them later but then forgot about them. A digital equivalent of the pile. Except with the physical one I get a constant reminder every time I walk past them. With the digital one they're hidden somewhere in the xbox.

That's one thing (the only thing?) I liked about the Wii. You download a game you can put it where you like on your dashboard. You download stuff on the xbox it's harder to find and pretty much impossible to customise the list.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1907 on: June 25, 2013, 11:52:40 AM »
Another good thing about the Wii and Wii U is that all of your VC and WiiWare titles can be brought across to your Wii U, whereas all of your PSN and XBLA titles are stuck on your PS3 and 360. Of course, you can keep your PS3 and 360 sitting there under your telly if you want to play them but a fair amount of people will want to sell or trade in their previous gen consoles...and that means those games have gone forever. :-\

The Wii U also has the advantage of being backwards compatible with disc games too. Pretty disappointing that the PS4 and One aren't, although Sony will be doing a Netflix type thing sometime after launch which could be okay if it's not priced over the odds.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #1908 on: June 25, 2013, 12:00:11 PM »
Not bothered about backwards compatibility, personally.
It'd be nice to have the option to go back to old games, and I tend to keep my old games so that I can go back to them - but I very rarely do, and I'm usually disappointed when I do.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #1909 on: June 26, 2013, 12:31:33 AM »
A very well put together Wii U sizzle reel here showing what's on the way from indie developers, first and second party developers and third party publishers in 2013-2014.

Some of the indie stuff is looking like the dog's bollocks!!! 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #1910 on: June 28, 2013, 07:49:45 AM »
Damn Football Manager and its addictiveness.. started playing it again recently and got hooked again, meaning less time playing anything else.. 272 hours in and Basingstoke Town FC are sitting 6th in the premier league  ;D  Squads not good enough to compete with the top boys this season, I lost to Chelsea 7-1 at the start of the season and lost 5-0 to Citeh :o  but I'm getting there. 

Bit fucked off though, my star striker from last season got pinched before this season started as he had a minimum fee clause I forgot about.. but I had bought someone else who was just as good and he was scoring nearly every game.. but again, I forgot he had a relatively low minimum fee clause.. and Spurs bought him on the last day of the Jan transfer window.. so I had to do a Wenger and quickly look for anything that would do.  >:(

Offline harv

« Reply #1911 on: June 28, 2013, 11:41:59 AM »
Not as good as the original that started it all though, hate to think how many hours I put in on my Speccy with that beauty 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #1912 on: June 30, 2013, 04:24:52 PM »
They've started to advertise Pikmin 3 in Japan now, it's looking great now....has certainly taken a huge leap in eye candy quality since we first saw it a couple of years ago. 8)

Offline Late

« Reply #1913 on: July 02, 2013, 12:54:30 PM »
Didn't think we'd see it for a while yet, but "The Walking Dead: 400 Days" is here already - released as follows:
02/07 – PSN (N America)
03/07 – PC/Mac
05/07 – XBLA (Worldwide)
10/07 – PSN (Europe)
11/07 – iOS

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1914 on: July 02, 2013, 01:56:34 PM »
Crikey! Will have to get that on Friday then.  ;D ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #1915 on: July 03, 2013, 11:14:48 AM »
Cod Blops 2 new map pack: Vengeance is released today on xbox (presumably will be released in about a month's time on other platforms).

Bought my season pass a while back, so I'll get the new map pack soon - but I'm too busy enjoying XCOM at the moment.
Hasn't changed much since the old ps1 version, other than looking so much prettier, but that's a good thing - it was always a fantastic game.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #1916 on: July 04, 2013, 01:39:16 AM »
I've decided to play through XCOM again, on Impossible difficulty! First time round I was upset when one of my soldiers got occasionally turned into a space zombie by a chrysalid (sp?), now they're just getting killed left, right and centre by bloody thin men!  :'( I need to get another sniper trained up quickly, they are definitely key in this game.

Offline Late

« Reply #1917 on: July 04, 2013, 10:10:48 AM »
I'm loving the Support units (used primarily as medics, but also good for scouting, smoke grenades, and nipping into a hot zone with an arc stun-gun), but snipers are a close second now that I'm starting to get them levelled up quite high. I'm bringing rookies and low level units on most missions, so that if I lose some good soldiers I won't be left with a load of newbies for the next mission.
Not finding much use for heavies (destroy too much of that valuable alien tech) and assault (they like to get up close to enemies, but if they do that they're outnumbered). Might be more useful later in the game, though, so I'm levelling one or two of each.

Haven't got as far as developing psionic weapons and units yet (that's what they called them in the original - I'm guessing that's not changed) but I'm close to that point - I recently raided an alien base and captured a device that's going to take me in that direction.

I'm saving and reloading a bit too much, though, which is definitely against the spirit of the game and is arguably cheating. Can't resist if the facility is there though! I believe the game autosaves after every turn or kill, and the load/save options are greyed out if you play on the hardest difficulty - which is a nice twist, but will make it a complete nightmare. :D

Offline Late

« Reply #1918 on: July 04, 2013, 12:44:05 PM »
So apparently Maxis have now produced a questionnaire asking punters what they want from the next SimCity update, including options such as terraforming, organised crime, subways/bridges, guilds, and military complexes...

Offline jman

« Reply #1919 on: July 04, 2013, 01:20:59 PM »
lol.. yep Im with that.. how about they fix the obviously broken AI as well..  >:(