https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Conference 6 Thread  (Read 144039 times)

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
Re: Conference 6 Thread
« Reply #270 on: March 04, 2020, 03:10:01 PM »
I'm getting closer. I manged to score a goal against Imps using the same tactics.

I usually needed 60 minutes tactical advantage to score a goal against Borg or Imps and full 90 minutes to win the game.

Them two definitely know something or have worked something out within that game that us others haven't yet

I have been doing some testing and noting some results down past few seasons and have found out some interesting things :)

Next step is to investigate referees in certain conditions... there could be a ref that you normally choose to play offsides but perhaps more optimal to not play this with the same ref under a certain situation such as weather or pitch type or even both. I know for a fact there are some referees that favour certain conditions and if you can exploit this, you have the advantage.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Gull

« Reply #271 on: March 05, 2020, 07:22:27 AM »
I don't think there's some special hidden tactic that Super Imps has discovered. Stats wise, his defence is pretty formidable. His defenders probably share the same stats as my midfielders do, give or take. It's no surprise teams struggle to score, let alone beat him. What I find is impressive is that the fact he can maintain such a high-level performance every season despite players declining, he definitely has a golden method in terms of having a high stat player lined up to place a declining one - in terms of real-life youth systems, Super Imps are like Barcelona and their star-studded academy!

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2020, 04:54:36 PM »
Think your over thinking it SuperJ and Kush. From my experience it the main aim of the game is building a strong strong team. That is why Rich is so effective at the mo. With the attributes he has at the moment he should've cleaned up this season like I did a few seasons back. Strongest attributed team out there currently.
After that its getting your basics right and tactics. IMO there is some good tactically minded managers out there. I include myself in this as I could never train the best team. The best tactician out there at the moment probably Mihai. Who also knows how to train a team so I would say he's the best all rounder currently on the game and probably doesn't get enough credit.

Lastly, you need abit of luck. If your lucks in you may get a random goal or 10....

Best manager I've ever played against is Spiteri Floriana. Man me and him had some ding dongs. He was top top quality at training and tactics. Be great if he come back.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline beckham

« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2020, 07:25:50 PM »
I agree with you, Borg about Mihai and Floriana. I should add to your list Mark G (Redhil Rovers) from the Felix Server. He was crushing the game. I hope he also comes back.

That being said I hope I can win against Mihai tonight. :)
Steaua Sudului
Bucharest Wanderers

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2020, 07:52:44 PM »
I probably am over thinking it lol but i'm always intrigued to testing to find new things out. To give an example; on the strategy thread it says to use offsides yes on Mclinktock and Frisk but I have had a lot of success with putting offsides no in certain conditions. I don't know if the strategy thread is 100% but it seems accurate enough. I have found out some other interesting things but I am not going to go into that :D

You are right though when you say that the aim is building a very strong strong team. I'm decent in training my players but not the best. I have never had a team passed 780 so I need to exploit the match engine in ways I can to match the stronger teams. What I mean by exploiting is finding hidden tricks and not cheating by any means. Maybe it could be better to have a player who is a Rocket Scientist as your captain rather than a dodgy geezer lol. Perhaps there is a flow in a players height. Only one way to find out and me being a stats man, I'm down to investigate  8)

I know for a fact Mihai is a top quality manager and a very formidable force... shame he's to scared to come back to 2-1-1  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Forum Admin

Offline mihai

• UNIV. CRAIOVA
    • http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/teaminformation.pl?teamid=640
« Reply #275 on: March 07, 2020, 03:34:39 AM »
Thanks for your kind words, Mr Borg. You are also a great tactician, always difficult to find a pattern in your tactics, because there isn't one :D

Yep, Anthony Spiteri was a great manager. I also remember bignick (Anfield Road Rangers) who dominated the server after the merger.

Sorry Catalin, it didn't turn out your way with the draw ... maybe you'll be more inspired next time. It's a fantastic season in C6, with 3 teams keeping chances to bring home the trophy ... good luck to you all !

Offline deca

« Reply #276 on: March 07, 2020, 11:51:18 AM »
I wish i knew what the secret is  :)

Yes, great managers above, oh and Big Nick was awesome, unbeatable,

Kush, you can experiment with my Cubans  :)

i know for a fact that if you have a very strong team then the chances of going behind even if advanced tactics are wrong are minimal

Cheers

Deca
Manager of Aston Villains & Cubana Villains

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: March 07, 2020, 02:44:50 PM »
Team strength is incredibly important but I wonder if you would get the same results using 5-2-3 and using another formation like lets say 3-2-5. If you have a team strength of 800, would you expect 3-2-5 to be as effective as 5-2-3? Me personally wouldn't think so as some formations are better suited than others in certain conditions.

I remember bignick, he was the man! won 2-1-1 like 20 seasons on the trot and finally didn't win it during my first ever season in 2-1-1.
I also remember Peanug Hotspurs from the SL server back in the days, I believe he won his X-1-1 for atleast 25 seasons in a row.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 02:46:45 PM by captain_kush »
Forum Admin

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: March 07, 2020, 06:44:38 PM »
Team strength is nearly everything. Tactics do matter but not so much when your team is at such a attribute level. Check out the ICC Final today......
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Gull

« Reply #279 on: March 09, 2020, 07:21:18 AM »
Just how close is it at the top of 6-1-1?  ;D

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #280 on: March 09, 2020, 06:54:02 PM »
Just how close is it at the top of 6-1-1?  ;D

i have steau tomorrow, think craiova have done enough to win it this season. this has been an epic season :-D gull and blade taking points off the top 3

Offline mihai

• UNIV. CRAIOVA
    • http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/teaminformation.pl?teamid=640
« Reply #281 on: March 10, 2020, 12:13:27 AM »
yep, this is very close ...

At the first look it seems I might have an advantage, but you'll never know ...

I still have two games, against Ravens of England and Hunt Park Rovers, that could go wrong for me especially because my best defender and striker have both long term injuries.

Good luck to you Catalin and Nish ! 

Offline beckham

« Reply #282 on: March 13, 2020, 11:57:11 AM »
See you in the CS final, Mihai :) Amazing result for our conference this season.

Btw, is Tudor FC your second team?
Steaua Sudului
Bucharest Wanderers

Gull

« Reply #283 on: March 13, 2020, 01:26:05 PM »
Tudor FC is Mihai, yes. Could we see Tudor FC in 6-1-1 next season, paving a move for UNIV.CRAOIVA to try his luck in a different divison?  :P

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #284 on: March 14, 2020, 05:45:02 AM »
well done mihai 👋 absolute champion