https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: CONFERENCE TWO  (Read 526974 times)

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
Re: CONFERENCE TWO
« Reply #3195 on: January 22, 2022, 01:48:26 PM »
changed the leader twice this season finale ...  ;)
sorry guys for the upset, it looks like the title will be decided between you two in the last day

Thanks Mihai, now my loss against you isn't that bad but you did take my unbeaten streak  >:(

Looks like it may well go to the final day but would be nice if I could stay one point ahead until then so a draw would be enough for me to win it.
I'm sure Ivor will have something to say about that though tonight  :D - Do mix up your attacking positions again pretty please!
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline iwopp

« Reply #3196 on: January 22, 2022, 04:02:52 PM »
Thanks for the reminder Kush  :D
I have changed formation for tonight, I'd better check my line-up
jellybellies

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #3197 on: January 26, 2022, 03:24:35 PM »
Congrats Ben on a 4th consecutive C2 title!

I feel it should have been my season but your a fantastic manager with a fantastic team so hats off to you mate, well done :)

Shame to hear you will be leaving C2 and going for a break, hope you come back soon home  8)
Atleast we will have a new champion next season :D - Should be easy peesy now with you out of the picture  :P
Forum Admin

Offline GroomExGtE

« Reply #3198 on: January 26, 2022, 09:31:56 PM »
Thanks Kush, I thought you were going to have it, was relived to only need a draw on the last day!

Yeah a lot of my teams about to expire, so was really my last season with a shout of winning. I’ll stay in C2 for next season, give you all a chance to do the double over the famous LiveSea! I’ll mix my tactics up a bit though, don’t want to give you a free pass! One of the things I liked about C2, always the chance to lose to most of the teams in the league.
I’ll log in to see if you’re right Kush, if you can run away with it!

I won’t be doing any private league stuff, so you can represent C2 in the CoC Kush.
LiveSea

Offline mihai

• UNIV. CRAIOVA
    • http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/teaminformation.pl?teamid=640
« Reply #3199 on: January 27, 2022, 05:17:31 AM »
well done Ben! a fantastic season you had  8)

which teams are you also managing ?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 05:19:40 AM by mihai »

Offline GroomExGtE

« Reply #3200 on: January 27, 2022, 07:13:41 AM »
Thanks Mihai, just LiveSea for me.
LiveSea

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #3201 on: January 27, 2022, 02:52:05 PM »
I think Ben was meant to say decline in players not teams  :P

Great to hear you will be staying in C2 mate, always better and more fun to have competition.
Even though your team will be weakened, I'm sure you will still be up there... Don't you remember your first C2 title win being the underdog with season 2/3 players if I remember correctly?

Good luck in the Champions Shield final :)
Forum Admin

Offline GroomExGtE

« Reply #3202 on: January 27, 2022, 03:24:30 PM »
Yes, Kush is right, I meant the players in my team!

Ha, I do remember Kush, I also remember the reality check finishing 5th the next season! Then 4th & 3rd before I actually managed to capture the title again!

Thanks, I’ll need it! Never managed to get over the line.
 I’ve lost the CS x2, EC & ICC finals in my time playing.
LiveSea

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #3203 on: February 18, 2022, 06:34:36 PM »
Only 3 points separating the top 5 after 13 games.

A very competitive season so far, it's good to see it like this :)

45mins tactical advantage yesterday against you Ben but still couldn't get a goal.
Your very lucky I never scored after the 75th when your keeper got Injured. I felt I did enough to nick the 3 points but atleast I got a point which is better than nothing.
Forum Admin

Offline GroomExGtE

« Reply #3204 on: March 11, 2022, 07:14:22 AM »
Congratulations Experimental Eleven! I think it’s fair to say the experiment has paid off 😉 always nice to wrap up the title with a few games to spare.
LiveSea

Offline iwopp

« Reply #3205 on: March 11, 2022, 03:20:36 PM »
Congratulations EE.
It's a battle for 2nd place now  :-\
jellybellies

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #3206 on: March 11, 2022, 04:32:14 PM »
Congrats to Experimental Eleven for winning this seasons C2.

Great job and nice to see a new name lifting the trophy!

2nd place is in your favour Ivor, I have 2 easy games so my GD will go up but you have +20 GD on me so I will need you to drop some points :D
Forum Admin

Offline Gull

« Reply #3207 on: March 12, 2022, 09:31:30 AM »
To be fair, looking at Experimental Eleven's "experiment" everything makes perfect sense about it. The only thing you'd need to worry about is if the formation is effective against other formations (which it appears to be). Majority of players needed to fit the formation are easy to train midfielders - if you can max out a couple of defenders & strikers you're well away, as it's been shown.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 09:34:57 AM by ElGull »

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #3208 on: March 14, 2022, 10:21:51 AM »
To be fair, looking at Experimental Eleven's "experiment" everything makes perfect sense about it. The only thing you'd need to worry about is if the formation is effective against other formations (which it appears to be). Majority of players needed to fit the formation are easy to train midfielders - if you can max out a couple of defenders & strikers you're well away, as it's been shown.

Yes, looks like the 1-8-1 can still be effective in conditions where you wouldn't expect it to be as competitive.

Just goes to show that not every formation is useless out there :)
Forum Admin

Offline spiteri

« Reply #3209 on: March 14, 2022, 02:12:09 PM »
Thanks everybody, I somehow managed a perfect second half of the season and managed to pull ahead. 2-1-1 is a tough division.

The idea was to reverse the logic of 5-2-3 longball in all conditions which we have seen to be very effective. So I went 1-8-1 passing. Most of the players were very cheap, although I did splash out on the centre back and an anyside midfielder.

As noticed one of the advantages in having so many midfielders is that they are very easy to train up quickly. Once the squad is strong enough 1-8-1 can definately compete in longball weather. I'm not sure I would use the formation with Floriana but it's definately a viable option.

Floriana FC