https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Conference Three  (Read 273256 times)

Offline Contrast

Re: Conference Three
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2017, 09:14:56 AM »
Got no problem with a good team joining, but just irked that rivals got a free pass and boosted their GD.

I'm sure I'll draw or lose tonight, which will be a kick in the teeth when everyone else won 20-0!

Should definitely be a rule about joining leagues after the season has started. I remember I waited until the end of the season before joining C3 for that reason.
Parma Violets

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2017, 10:41:15 AM »
Even if it was after game 15 I wouldn't have an issue. Lets hope it doesn't have a major impact on the outcome of the conference

In the long run it will be good for the competitiveness of the division

Offline Contrast

« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2017, 01:47:01 PM »
Even if it was after game 15 I wouldn't have an issue. Lets hope it doesn't have a major impact on the outcome of the conference

In the long run it will be good for the competitiveness of the division

Very fair point about the 15 game mark.
Parma Violets

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2017, 05:01:12 PM »
Got Steve tonight hopefully going to leap frog him into 7th after a thrilling 3-2 against the fan club earlier this week surely this is the featured game

Offline stevenm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2017, 07:22:31 PM »
So Joe will it be

The Club Win Shootout

Touch Give The Club The Runaround

Bore Draw As Club Fires Blanks
Didier Drogba Fan Club - Every Drog has his day

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2017, 11:36:42 PM »
Or Steve:

Touch Takes Bullet After Club Night Out

After the build up I'm going for a 0-0 draw
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:39:51 PM by touchnplay »

Offline Contrast

« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2017, 09:07:32 AM »
Yup. Drew the game.  ::)
Parma Violets

Offline no1legend

« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2017, 08:00:39 PM »
Davef, Contrast & Touchnplay

I fully understand where you all are coming from.

If i'm honest the sole reason why I joined the vacant 3-1-1 spot was to try bring back some more hunger to play this game and not to annoy others.

In my opinion the game is starting to fade again with things like the UCB failing to get up and running, Gold Competitions like the World and Super Cups barely getting to 16 teams and normally only 8 where they used to fill up so quick and top managers departing for one reason or another.

Yes I could of waited until game 15 or next season but the lower division I was in was boring me playing CPU's or Managed teams where managers don't show up.

Why 3-1-1??
No disrespect to any current managers in this division but I saw a division that I feel I can compete in even at this early stage with a team of season ones, My first 2 results shows I can (Although I am currently Rock Bottom)
I also see there is at least 10 active managers maybe more who would give you a good battle at night and that's why I came back to SL after around a 10 year break to be competitive again, look forward to checking my scores in the morning etc.

Well I have said my piece and that's my reasons behind the sudden move.

Tomorrow I have Lucy's Tigers who have currently Won 11/11 games and are 6 points clear and seem to be cruising to the title already, fingers crossed I can nick a point.

I doubt that will happen  ;D

Regards

Mr C

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2017, 09:54:56 AM »
You don't have to explain the reasons for joining mate as I said in the long run it will be good for the competitiveness of the division also you are active on the forums so hopefully it will bring more engagement/banter to this thread.

Good to have you here and look forward to beating you next week ;)

Offline no1legend

« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2017, 10:19:01 AM »
You got more chance of Spurs getting a result at The Emirates on November 18th than beating me!

:-)

Offline davef

« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2017, 04:49:08 AM »
It's not a problem with the manager Mr C, it's a problem with the game.

Again, not your fault but you quoted Lucy's recent record and then, in the match against her, with her squad being far better than yours and her match performance being the better, you beat her. No Red cards or injuries to influence matters --- and you even managed to wear the wrong boots. The winning goal game when tactics were matched and Lucy (as far as I could see) made no silly positional errors.

These are the kind of things that make managers say "why bother" (or why bother spending on the game).  I certainly don't spend anything like I did back in the day --- but, looking at some of the squads,  there are managers out there who are spending and possibly spending a lot. Which would be fine if the game was all about "fun" and not seriously competitive? (as it clearly is for more than just a few)?

Will I spend much time/effort on my game tonight against Mr C's lot? Probably not --- then if I lose or drop a point I won't feel I have wasted much time or effort.  If the game is dying then I'd suggest it's more self-inflicted than anything else - and that's a real shame.

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2017, 06:48:28 AM »
Hi Dave
Did you read the match report in detail?

I think the 1-0 win was more than justified.

I won 30mins - 0min on Tactical Advantage throughout the game
0-15 Mins = Me
30 mins -45 Mins = Me
The rest of the game = Same

Boots - Blades can be worn on a Normal Pitch as can Moulds (It even says on the strategy forum building your squad) so the correct boots were worn. Other managers do this and I find Blades work just as good.

I noticed she changed to Nutter @ 75mins with a Pansy / Normal ref at a push so that's maybe why the goal came late in the 87th minute and the game didn't finish 0-0. Although there was 30mins I could have gone 1-0 up as she had 0 mins on me.

I performed better on the night and gained a good result in my eyes.

Mr C
Ocean City Orioles - C1
Arsenals Invincibles  - C4
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline davef

« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2017, 01:16:36 AM »
Hmmm,  yup I read it

And I said my post was an attack on the game, not on you. You did read that?

Maybe others will comment on your thoughts on Aggression but otherwise I'll just wish you luck.

Offline Contrast

« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2017, 11:58:29 AM »
Don't think it matters, whole division is skewed this season. . I've lost a bit of passion for setting up for the evening games. Roll on next season!
Parma Violets

Offline Nijinsky

« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2017, 03:17:47 PM »
I'll just tend to my injured men ;)
Only the one and only Hoarses