https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Conference Three  (Read 273239 times)

Offline Nijinsky

Re: Conference Three
« Reply #270 on: January 12, 2018, 02:12:41 PM »
You find a way of beating 1-8-1 🤓
It's a great formation to train as they are all midfielders and kudos to Lucy for trying it out.
I'm rebuilding with a 4-1-4-1 but still a bit weak at the moment.
Only the one and only Hoarses

Offline lucylou

« Reply #271 on: January 12, 2018, 04:08:16 PM »
It's a great formation to train as they are all midfielders and kudos to Lucy for trying it out.

Nice answer! Thank you🙂

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #272 on: January 12, 2018, 05:15:26 PM »
Dave you have the the team to win an x-1-1 easily, my aim is to win this league next year. Lucy. Is amazing but but not unbeatable stay with it mate

Offline Nijinsky

« Reply #273 on: January 12, 2018, 08:58:39 PM »
Well done Chris on his first ICC !
Only the one and only Hoarses

Offline davef

« Reply #274 on: January 13, 2018, 04:21:34 AM »

Nice answer! Thank you🙂

Absolutely no way am I criticising you Lucy --- what you have done is clever and didn't happen overnight but (apart from feelings that SL should be more like the real game), I can't see how to stop you. From your last defeats (in the CS and league against Borg and Schwitty when you played 3-6-1) you've gone 29 without losing (just one draw in a friendly) playing 1-8-1 (including reversing the Borg defeat by knocking him out of the Elite cup). Last night you went back to 3-6-1 to draw with Schwitty (who beat you earlier in the season in both league and Friendly matches --- Is it me or do most teams seem to have a bogey team each year?) but your squad looks well capable of carrying on with 1-8-1 while others (including me), would have to do a lot of re-building in circumstances where everyone will be after MFs.

And if the new system suddenly decides it doesn't like 1-8-1 (as it did with 3-5-2 and maybe has with 2-5-3) that could leave a lot of managers with wasted efforts.

So my squad is a decent one (although, before the break I was topping the league and since we re-started my form has been pretty poor) and it is just coming up to needing-tinkering-time --- but I tried most things against your 3-6-1 over the last couple of seasons and struggled and the 1-8-1 looks even tougher so I am somewhat flummoxed. Poor me ;-)

So if I mention quitting, I don't mean quitting SL, I mean quitting C3, at least until such time as someone can work out how to deal with 1-8-1, or a law is passed banning Lucy (in particular) from being cruel to people (IE me) :-)

And, as a C3 manager, I shall most certainly be supporting the Tigers in their quest to win another Elite Cup (and hoping the match engine doesn't try any "balancing up" tricks).

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #275 on: January 13, 2018, 08:42:22 AM »
Well done Chris on the ICC great to have a major coming back to our conference !!!

Offline Theblade

« Reply #276 on: January 13, 2018, 11:38:27 AM »
Thanks Nijinsky and Joe.

Thats my first major title in about 8 years and i now have won every major competition, just shows that perseverance pays off.

Won a few Friendly league divisions and World Cup Groups recently but nothing as good as my 1st ICC.

Shame Winter Milan didn't set up. Hopefully its not another 8 years till my next big win.

Offline Contrast

« Reply #277 on: January 13, 2018, 02:27:41 PM »
Well done them boys at the Rumour Mill.

I'm taking a break until next season. Think I've done enough to stay up.

See ya'll next season.
Parma Violets

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #278 on: January 13, 2018, 02:58:40 PM »

And if the new system suddenly decides it doesn't like 1-8-1 (as it did with 3-5-2 and maybe has with 2-5-3) that could leave a lot of managers with wasted efforts.

I think 2-5-3 is still going strong throughout the server. I have solely used it in 4-1-1 and thats currently got me 2nd with still a chance of winning the division.
It can give you great wins or a thrashing or two its very inconsistent sometimes.
I think it works better with longball rather than passing but have had some crucial goals go my way when switching to 2-5-3 Use Wings.

I used it for a long time this season in 3-1-1 but noticed I had a very strong Centre Defender - Non Anyside who was just rotting in the reserves.

I have since switch to 5-2-3 in all weathers and it seems to be low scoring as I expected and bringing me a lot of draws.

I have made a 3rd team currently in 1-1-2 which I have picked to soley use 3-6-1 so I am giving that an go to investigate how effective it might be long term, as we know Lucy has mastered this.

Do formations really matter if you look at it closely?

Team strength is a massive factor on this game, there are several games between the big teams I have seen this season in some knockout cups that one team has been countered 45-0 or 60-15 and won because of its team strength.

I sometimes look closely into the random goals in the KO cups and do wonder what factors in the match engine triggers it to give the goal to that team in that match.

8)
Ocean City Orioles - C1
Arsenals Invincibles  - C4
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline lucylou

« Reply #279 on: January 13, 2018, 03:58:00 PM »

I think 2-5-3 is still going strong throughout the server. I have solely used it in 4-1-1 and thats currently got me 2nd with still a chance of winning the division.
It can give you great wins or a thrashing or two its very inconsistent sometimes.
I think it works better with longball rather than passing but have had some crucial goals go my way when switching to 2-5-3 Use Wings.

I used it for a long time this season in 3-1-1 but noticed I had a very strong Centre Defender - Non Anyside who was just rotting in the reserves.

I have since switch to 5-2-3 in all weathers and it seems to be low scoring as I expected and bringing me a lot of draws.

I have made a 3rd team currently in 1-1-2 which I have picked to soley use 3-6-1 so I am giving that an go to investigate how effective it might be long term, as we know Lucy has mastered this.

Team strength is a massive factor on this game, there are several games between the big teams I have seen this season in some knockout cups that one team has been countered 45-0 or 60-15 and won because of its team strength.

I sometimes look closely into the random goals in the KO cups and do wonder what factors in the match engine triggers it to give the goal to that team in that match.

8)

8)

I agree.  Also for myself I believe the 100% gelling I had most of the time plays a part in results. In my option no formation alone is a guarantee of winning.

Cheers and best of luck to everyone,
Lucy

Offline davef

« Reply #280 on: January 14, 2018, 12:26:00 AM »
Gelling is obviously very important and we've seen some weakish teams from lower leagues reach cup finals simply through being able to turn the same team out every match. Avoiding injury helps but so does having 12 MFs (and the right kind of 12) as Lucy has.

And, regarding team stats, defenders will usually be quite low on shooting (and maybe a couple of other skills) while strikers will be down in tackling stats and, mostly, good in one and bad in another when it comes to heading and pace. MFs, though, can generally reach 99 in every skill but tackling so a heavy preponderance of MFs means naturally higher stats.

But a great ICC win for Chris --- you can, as they say, only beat what's put in front of you and reaching a final requires a lot in itself and Lucy is only two wins from a 2nd Elite cup in 3 years (I think?). Fingers crossed for her.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 12:39:04 AM by davef »

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #281 on: January 14, 2018, 11:08:42 AM »
Ahhh that draw with Chris last night has probably put an end to any chance I had of making the champions league places. Really enjoyed the second half of the season been a great battle between 4th and 8th.

As for the tactics I definitely agree player strength is paramount for success but then you look at Dave and nijinsky who dont play friendlies or are rebuilding and are performing really well, so there is hope for everyone

Offline davef

« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2018, 01:42:21 PM »
Ahhh that draw with Chris last night has probably put an end to any chance I had of making the champions league places. Really enjoyed the second half of the season been a great battle between 4th and 8th.

As for the tactics I definitely agree player strength is paramount for success but then you look at Dave and nijinsky who dont play friendlies or are rebuilding and are performing really well, so there is hope for everyone

Slightly confused by that?  :)

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #283 on: January 14, 2018, 02:03:52 PM »
Haha i was referring to Dave who manages FC Schwifty

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #284 on: January 14, 2018, 03:29:40 PM »
im confused by it too... just the fact im performing well lol

Gotta secure that ICC spot!
The Flashhearts