https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Conference Three  (Read 273269 times)

Offline davef

Re: Conference Three
« Reply #285 on: January 14, 2018, 04:30:04 PM »
Haha i was referring to Dave who manages FC Schwifty

I thought I'd been up to something (or rather NOT up to something) and hadn't noticed. :D

The bogey team thing is worth discussing IMO. It's something that's irked me for some time now in that, even when maintaining a top three position,  I always seem to lose twice (or lose and draw) against one mid-table team.  A draw and two wins against Lucy this season is a good effort for Scwifty, a team/squad that is not, with respect, comparable in strength to hers. I'm gonna suggest that next season she will win all encounters between the two. Possibly easily. Which if all things remained equal, shouldn't really happen.

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #286 on: January 14, 2018, 05:11:35 PM »
Hmmm I think you might be looking into it too much Dave if you go through the managers in our division you've got lucy, 3 teams in fl1 yourself nijinsky and Chris, Dan fl5 winners second in c4, Brian top manager promotion from fl3, Dave top 2 in fl1 in the top 2 of c1 and c2, I can cause an upset on my day, then rich who is a great manager as well. There's no easy games really and anyone can take points of each other on the day

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #287 on: January 14, 2018, 10:49:27 PM »
Hmmm I think you might be looking into it too much Dave if you go through the managers in our division you've got lucy, 3 teams in fl1 yourself nijinsky and Chris, Dan fl5 winners second in c4, Brian top manager promotion from fl3, Dave top 2 in fl1 in the top 2 of c1 and c2, I can cause an upset on my day, then rich who is a great manager as well. There's no easy games really and anyone can take points of each other on the day

Current Official Snakebite Cup holder which I am very proud of being my first gold cup :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 11:03:48 PM by mr_cobra »
Ocean City Orioles - C1
Arsenals Invincibles  - C4
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline davef

« Reply #288 on: January 15, 2018, 02:55:49 AM »

If we are discussing the seasonal "bogey" team theory then maybe you are in denial? I have at least been looking at this for a few seasons before coming up with these thoughts? But maybe you are correct. So I'll do what I said and wait until Lucy's games against Swifty next season before passing any more comment on that (unless anyone else wishes to report any anomalies --- although it would only be in C3 for now since the thread is for C3 managers). It never hurts, though, to keep trying to learn what makes this game tick? ;-)

Offline Contrast

« Reply #289 on: January 15, 2018, 05:17:54 AM »

If we are discussing the seasonal "bogey" team theory then maybe you are in denial? I have at least been looking at this for a few seasons before coming up with these thoughts? But maybe you are correct. So I'll do what I said and wait until Lucy's games against Swifty next season before passing any more comment on that (unless anyone else wishes to report any anomalies --- although it would only be in C3 for now since the thread is for C3 managers). It never hurts, though, to keep trying to learn what makes this game tick? ;-)

Couple seasons ago Lucy only lost 2 games, both against me, both 3-0. Thought it was weird at the time, more weird now we can't get close to her!
Parma Violets

Offline davef

« Reply #290 on: January 15, 2018, 08:12:50 AM »

Couple seasons ago Lucy only lost 2 games, both against me, both 3-0. Thought it was weird at the time, more weird now we can't get close to her!

The Imps rarely lose matches in Majors and, even more rarely lose by more than one goal. In fact only once this season, to me, in the ICC, 0-3. I just wish I'd been in something long enough where I could have played him again to test my theory ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:30:53 AM by davef »

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #291 on: January 15, 2018, 09:30:02 AM »

Its not something I've considered but maybe you are right Dave, I was just looking at the managers and thinking everyone knows the game so can set up to beat teams. I'll also pay attention next season.

Offline davef

« Reply #292 on: January 15, 2018, 02:42:48 PM »

Its not something I've considered but maybe you are right Dave, I was just looking at the managers and thinking everyone knows the game so can set up to beat teams. I'll also pay attention next season.

My suspicion is that there is one of the "invisible" factors built in to encourage the idea that "anyone can beat anyone" which leads to teams at the top losing to mid-table teams (even if they comfortably handle the teams at the top with them).

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #293 on: January 16, 2018, 08:09:33 AM »
Massive result for me last night, a draw against Clayton tonight and with a computer team to play I can lock down an ICC place for next season

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #294 on: January 17, 2018, 06:23:49 AM »
Congratulations Lucy on another title well deserved yet again you won it at a canter in the end! Also congrats on the league and cup double.

Got the win against Clayton last night so have settled the ICC places (delighted to get into that top 8) but with 2 games to go 4-8 is still to be decided I've got Lucy tomorrow which most likely will end my chances of finishing higher than 8th but Dave and Chris are playing each other which could open the door for Nijinsky

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #295 on: January 17, 2018, 09:08:30 AM »
Congratulations Lucy.

Just couldn't keep up with the pace.

Well played.
Ocean City Orioles - C1
Arsenals Invincibles  - C4
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline lucylou

« Reply #296 on: January 17, 2018, 12:52:50 PM »
Thanks guys. This has been bittersweet. I hope you make it tough for my Tigers next season. You're both good sports.🙂
Cheers,
Lucy

Offline davef

« Reply #297 on: January 17, 2018, 02:34:59 PM »
Totally deserved, no dodgy computer results so well done Lucy :D

Shame about the Elite Cup  :( --- maybe if I grovelled you'd tell me why you went with 3-6-1 instead of 1-8-1? I'm always keen on learning  ;)  but if not, I'm sure you had your reasons.

Roll on next season. I've no idea if my new system will work well enough to challenge in its first season (probably unlikely) but if not I'll be able to sit back and watch the others suffer trying to catch the Tigers.

Offline lucylou

« Reply #298 on: January 17, 2018, 02:42:02 PM »
No mystery Dave. I didn't have the needed players available for 1-8-1 for the cup game.

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #299 on: January 19, 2018, 08:48:38 AM »
Wow did not expect that result last night but up to 7th now and if clayton and poachers and do me a favour tonight may still up ending 5th so hopefully they pull it out of the bag

More importantly I reckon I've probably done enough for an Elite Cup place now and only losing once in the second half of the season bodes well for next seasons campaign! :)

In other news going to run the conference 3 cup again next season, it was a great success last season with the lower league teams all springing surprises so expect the same thing to happen again next season