https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Conference Three  (Read 273326 times)

Offline Nijinsky

Re: Conference Three
« Reply #300 on: January 19, 2018, 01:53:39 PM »
Well done Lucy 🙂
Only the one and only Hoarses

Offline lucylou

« Reply #301 on: January 19, 2018, 02:06:35 PM »
Way to go Joe! 😀 That really made my team look shabby!😀 I hope touchnplay can make it to 4th place.
Fingers crossed,
Lucy

Offline davef

« Reply #302 on: January 20, 2018, 01:07:53 AM »
All done and dusted before the final games due to GD (and Lucy being too good  :)) ;D. Is that good (less tension) or bad (less tension)?  ;D

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #303 on: January 20, 2018, 09:49:59 AM »
5-0 Win  :o
Finished 3rd on GOALS SCORED of all things  :o

Shame but I'll take that.

Got me an Elite Cup place on the final day.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:51:42 AM by mr_cobra »
Ocean City Orioles - C1
Arsenals Invincibles  - C4
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #304 on: January 20, 2018, 09:57:28 AM »
Nijinsky gets the final champions league spot congratulations. How did everyone think their seasons went?

Offline Contrast

« Reply #305 on: January 20, 2018, 10:07:14 AM »
Crap.

I gave up during the Christmas break and been trying to learn about the game. There must be more to it than I thought, was my conclusion. I have a good team, good enough to challenge yet I was falling short on all fronts.

I've sat back, experimented, and learnt. Next season I'll be going for the title. Sounds brash considering where I finished and the season I've had - but meh. Better to fail aiming high.
Parma Violets

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #306 on: January 20, 2018, 10:37:56 AM »
Yeah I expected you to be much higher up the league Rich.

My season was very indifferent started off with a 4-0 loss to Poachers with low gelling which I was pretty pissed off about then lost to Dave's Pigs 3-1 who wore wrong boots but then went on a pretty good run and was 4/5th in the league after 12 games. This is when the additional private leagues run up to Christmas took it's toll and I lost a bit of interest which resulted in some key defeats.

The Rumour Mill 2 - 1 Touchnplay
Hoarse Whisperers 2 - 0 Touchnplay
Clayton Royals 10 - 1 Touchnplay
Lucys Tigers 11 - 7 Touchnplay

Then after Christmas got back into it cut down the private leagues and really went on a good run both in the League and FL. Another key defeat to Thanet 0-3 after making an incorrect sub was a blow.

But finished the season really strongly and ended up 7th with an ICC and Elite Cup place both of which I've never done before so that is major progress from a 9th place finish last season. Also won the Beer Garden Cup my first PL win and got on the deck in Master and Commander so real progress on that front as well.

Also finally found a replacement striker last night for 500 credits!!!

Overall, a bit like you Rich if I can keep active for the full 47 days I want to be aiming for that title as well minimum top 4 next season. "It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

I'm setting the C3 cup today hope everyone is up for it again next season.

Roll on next season be good to hear what others thought of their performance :)

Offline lucylou

« Reply #307 on: January 20, 2018, 02:12:36 PM »
Thank you to everyone who congratulated me. I should have a word here about how I decided to test 1-8-1. I'm not a manager with deep pockets. The squad is cheap to fill and I remember a team named Sporting Caravan had played it. The formation turns out to be one for a gambler since injuries don't have the usual amount of replacements to draw from. I never expected to be winning with it. Setting up games is tricky and never boring for me. If I'd had the credits beforehand, though, I'd be setting up as I had for so many, many years. I'm looking forward to getting whatever I deserve next season. 🙂

Offline davef

« Reply #308 on: January 20, 2018, 02:39:45 PM »
5-0 Win  :o
Finished 3rd on GOALS SCORED of all things  :o

Shame but I'll take that.

Got me an Elite Cup place on the final day.

An interesting match. I wasn't overly bothered because, as said, the GD thing made it moot for me but, to be fair to others, i did team and tactics and ATs. Was a bit lazy with the early tactics and paid a price (even if losing TWO early goals was maybe a bit harsh), I could see why. But to then go to Defence against CA and then lose another goal --- well that makes a bit of a mockery of the game?  From 1-2,  I could have made a comeback. Is it explainable?  The only other last-day weird one was Aston Villains losing their top spot in the last match in C7 due to having tactical advantage for the whole of the first half but not managing a single goal. If that were me, I'd be spitting fire (75 minutes of tactical advantage apparently --- but his complaint is very English ---- more feathers than fire). I'd agree with him though.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:34:04 PM by davef »

Offline Ryanparker9

« Reply #309 on: January 20, 2018, 08:17:56 PM »
Just had a quick look at the weird game last night Dave. Did you bring the mid r and str c on in the others positions? They both have substantially lower ratings than the others. Would maybe explain the massive defeat otherwise it's just a strange one.

I should introduce myself. I'm in the lower leagues of conference 3 with king Kennys army, used to play many years ago and I've returned for another go.

Cheers
Ryan
King Kenny's Army and Green Bay Parkers

Offline davef

« Reply #310 on: January 20, 2018, 11:10:19 PM »
Thanks for bothering Ryan (and it's always nice to see an ex-manager return). I expect you are very, very old now --- but that only means you should fit in nicely now. ;) ;) ;)

Players involved in substitutions always have lower scores because they haven't completed 90 mins.

I have seen a lot of odd last day results over the years for myself and others, from which I have both gained and lost out. As it happens, from my POV, it didn't hurt me this time. Just.

But considering I had only lost one league game by 3 goals in the whole of the rest of the season and that was to Lucy after a softy Ref like Michael McLintock (with a 0.1 Red card per game ratio) sent off two of my players when I was only playing Normal --- losing by 5 to a team with whom I'd drawn 1-1 in the first league meeting and beaten 2-0 in our only PL meeting seemed --- odd. No offence intended to Mr C (who will probably be flat out next season to prove it was no fluke :-)).

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #311 on: January 21, 2018, 12:38:18 AM »
Looked at the match report from last night a couple of times now but just noticed you was playing in the wrong boots (Blades on Soft Pitch), that may of had some significant impact on the result as well as the TA I had and the 2 players out of position. Based on the ratings its looks like the Right Mid came on as a Striker Centre and the Striker played in Right Midfield.

Or am I looking at this wrong as Players subbed on at KO or 15 generally have higher ratings than your 2 did.

Cheers
D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 01:36:25 AM by mr_cobra »
Ocean City Orioles - C1
Arsenals Invincibles  - C4
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline davef

« Reply #312 on: January 21, 2018, 04:11:09 AM »
I have my doubts but then again I have to accept the possibility. Things were going well before the break (very well) then those same things changed (and I have no idea why) and could do nothing about them, which is when I started to accept my season was over and, towards the end, really wasn't bothering too much. So maybe I did make a mistake with the ATs. It's all done and dusted now though, I'm happy for Lucy and am looking at my team not quite sure where it will be going next season  :)

As for boots, I messed about with them all season and the messing never seemed to make too much difference as my pre-break form showed (I think you even had a moan at me early on for beating you while wearing the "wrong" boots so .....??). I'll probably go back to accepted ideas for next season --- one less thing to worry about  ;)

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #313 on: January 21, 2018, 10:55:18 AM »
As for boots, I messed about with them all season and the messing never seemed to make too much difference as my pre-break form showed (I think you even had a moan at me early on for beating you while wearing the "wrong" boots so .....??). I'll probably go back to accepted ideas for next season --- one less thing to worry about  ;)

That was me and yes in that particular game that should have made a difference in my opinion... Doesn't matter now though :)

Offline Ryanparker9

« Reply #314 on: January 23, 2018, 07:34:28 AM »
Any spare spaces in the conference 3 cup?
King Kenny's Army and Green Bay Parkers