https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Conference Three  (Read 273264 times)

Offline Contrast

Re: Conference Three
« Reply #360 on: February 15, 2018, 07:45:26 PM »
Got to pissed after Spurs Juve and forgot to set up, shame really I was on a good run and was hoping to sneak up on you all got home games against everyone challenging apart from rich second half of the season so expecting to take a few points off you all  ;D

Does playing home or away make any difference?
Parma Violets

Offline Ryanparker9

« Reply #361 on: February 15, 2018, 08:44:55 PM »
So close to the big upset. Good luck in the conference 3 final Touchnplay
King Kenny's Army and Green Bay Parkers

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #362 on: February 15, 2018, 10:41:12 PM »
Got to pissed after Spurs Juve and forgot to set up, shame really I was on a good run and was hoping to sneak up on you all got home games against everyone challenging apart from rich second half of the season so expecting to take a few points off you all  ;D

Does playing home or away make any difference?

For my team I've been looking at this for a while and I believe it makes a massive difference (might just be my team) a great case for this is my doubles performance

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #363 on: February 15, 2018, 10:46:10 PM »
So close to the big upset. Good luck in the conference 3 final Touchnplay

Thanks Ryan you ran me really close. I look forward to seeing you making it into the top league when your team is ready!

I hope you will be involved again next season mate  ;D

Edit: just read the match report you should have won that at the end mate.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 11:18:41 PM by touchnplay »

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #364 on: February 23, 2018, 09:23:02 PM »
Comiserations Lucy good game today. Delighted to get my First C3 cup of hopefully many  :D

Offline Nijinsky

« Reply #365 on: February 24, 2018, 12:04:09 AM »
Big win that Joe,
Well done
Only the one and only Hoarses

Offline lucylou

« Reply #366 on: February 24, 2018, 02:17:37 AM »
Good for you, Joe. Congratulations! 😀

Lucy

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #367 on: February 24, 2018, 09:57:06 PM »
Still an unpredictable season in 3-1-1.

Poachers hold a 4 point lead but with 9 games to go I am sure there are a few twists to come.

Ocean City Orioles - C1
Arsenals Invincibles  - C4
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline Contrast

« Reply #368 on: February 25, 2018, 07:30:28 AM »
Still an unpredictable season in 3-1-1.

Poachers hold a 4 point lead but with 9 games to go I am sure there are a few twists to come.

Still got to play the other 4 teams in the Top 5!
Parma Violets

Offline Contrast

« Reply #369 on: February 26, 2018, 05:22:27 AM »
Luckily no damage done to my team last night, but what a cheap way to try and derail someone's season. Expected more class from the Conference's Queen.

Still, now that unwritten rule has been broken between the two teams, bring on next seasons games.  :-*
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 05:33:17 AM by Contrast »
Parma Violets

Offline davef

« Reply #370 on: February 26, 2018, 11:30:23 AM »
Going from Nutter To Psycho so late is a desperation move that hardly ever pays dividends. I would have thought Lucy would know that even if you didn't. After the 75 minute change --- No injuries, no cards, no penalties, no goals. In general the use of Psycho is avoided by anyone who is not a newbie because A] As a hail Mary it is usually useless and can actually end with the team switching just earning a red card and B] The possibility of everyone in the division, knowing a manager was going down that road, likely trying to get the first strike in --- with that being possibly as many as 15 other teams trying to damage your players (and that would make a mess of any squad). As it is, with your statement, if you and she don't make-up, the rest of us can look forward to seeing how badly it will affect both your chances next season (and hopefully and happily benefitting from it).

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #371 on: February 26, 2018, 11:57:49 AM »
Shame you only got a 1-1 draw last night Contrast after losing 45-15min on TA.
As we all know this game swings in roundabouts where things go for and against us all.
Safe to say I probably had that this season, unsure how you didn't get any injuries though last night, I would of got about 3-4 the way my 2 teams have been going this season.

2 Points now. Makes our game next week very important if it stays this way!!

Onto tonight and I won't have a walk in the park vs Nijinsky...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 12:00:15 PM by mr_cobra »
Ocean City Orioles - C1
Arsenals Invincibles  - C4
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #372 on: February 26, 2018, 01:20:06 PM »
Interesting points about the use of Psycho.  We don't have any such unwritten rule in Conf 4 as far as I know.  Several of the very best  managers ( Floriana,  and Borg when he was in Conf 4 ) have used it against me to good effect. I've also been kicked off the pitch more than once this season through not using it  although I hope I have learned my lesson now.  Its all part of the game for me so I hope nobody would take offence if i come out fighting in a cup match. It does depend on the referee of course ( and the forum strategy guide isn't perfectly accurate in that respect) and something else which I haven't been able to pin down yet.  I do agree that the team using the higher aggression  can sometimes get more injuries themselves so its not just a question of risking a red card.

PS  looking at the match report:  The Tigers didn't use it just a s a last minute hail mary.  They switched to Psycho at K/O  and alternated levels of agression during the game:  which is a well thought out strategy rather than a desperation measure.  :)

I agree its  bad if a team that isn't in contention for anything suddenly uses psycho against the teams that are...and I think we have had instances in our league of teams that have been planted just to injure others.. but in a vital match between competitive teams  I would say its a valid tactic.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:23:49 PM by davidvangaal »
DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline Contrast

« Reply #373 on: February 26, 2018, 05:54:31 PM »
Going from Nutter To Psycho so late is a desperation move that hardly ever pays dividends. I would have thought Lucy would know that even if you didn't. After the 75 minute change --- No injuries, no cards, no penalties, no goals. In general the use of Psycho is avoided by anyone who is not a newbie because A] As a hail Mary it is usually useless and can actually end with the team switching just earning a red card and B] The possibility of everyone in the division, knowing a manager was going down that road, likely trying to get the first strike in --- with that being possibly as many as 15 other teams trying to damage your players (and that would make a mess of any squad). As it is, with your statement, if you and she don't make-up, the rest of us can look forward to seeing how badly it will affect both your chances next season (and hopefully and happily benefitting from it).

Problem I have is that it was utilised straight from Kick-Off and then again at the end. It was in use for half the match. I've done my homework on everyone this season, and believe she had only used it as a tactic for 5 minutes in the entirety of the season up to this point.

Just think it's a bit of a cruel attempt to sabotage a side who in all honestly won't have another chance at the title. Like I said, given the right circumstances next season I'll protect my team by fighting fire with fire, and with that crazy formation, injuries will hurt her more than me.
Parma Violets

Offline davef

« Reply #374 on: February 27, 2018, 03:35:24 AM »
I probably got my point a bit wrong.  I would say that while you are concerned with having your team nobbled, Lucy might have had other concerns? To cripple your team she could have played Psycho for the full 90 mins?  My guess would be she was more concerned that losing would effectively end her chances of retaining the title (and even drawing would severely damage them).

You have already said that this might be your only chance of the title (a chance that wasn't damaged by her actions) but if you go out next season looking for some sort of revenge (with no gain for your team) you'd probably lose respect (if you care) and it'd all end with you still feeling a bit unhappy. 

If you scrape a possibly undeserved draw and suffer no damage to your team then maybe you should smile, be grateful and carry on, crying only when you are hurt. Some while ago I had a team that was near peak in most positions and winning the league and heading (I reckon) for that title and at least one major cup, when some newbie clown decided, just because I was top of the table to go Psycho for the full 90. He had four players Red carded and one badly injured but I had five serious injuries (6 weeks or more, my best striker out for 12) and title wins I absolutely deserved slipped away from me. 

But what can you do? So far as SL is concerned I have no pram or toys, just the next season.  And if I'm really angry I can always go out and pick a fight with a child or a blind person (preferably small and female in either case).