https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Conference Three  (Read 273264 times)

Offline davef

Re: Conference Three
« Reply #480 on: March 15, 2018, 01:24:48 AM »
Winners? Luck and concentration will play a big part (but not me --- with 7 new players and 2 just into their 2nd seasons that's a whole team and I can't see me getting through a season without paying a price). Making two mistakes setting up can cost 6 points --- relatively more if against a fellow challenger --- so anyone who has a season of being consistently error free will go close.

Relegated?  Managers who get bored not winning and set up the least (maybe not the worst squads but the worst managed).

Least favourite opponent? Lucy. Even if she is one of my favourite managers --- but recently my players, whatever formation or tactics I used, just never worked well against hers. When my new lot have grown up a bit, maybe that'll change  :D. I'd also nominate myself for some of the stupid mistakes I've made in the last two seasons.

Dark Horses? If I get things right, maybe my lot. They shouldn't challenge but then that's why I'm saying possible dark horses ;-)

Looking forward to playing the most?
Whoever forgets to set against me on a night when I have important players out through injury or suspension.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:26:28 AM by davef »

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #481 on: March 15, 2018, 06:09:28 PM »
Set up the Conference 3 cup again, we filled it up so quickly last season so although we are starting a couple of days later it will still run nicely with the league campaign.

Roll up roll up places are at a premium.

Offline Contrast

« Reply #482 on: March 16, 2018, 04:27:45 AM »
Got that wrong then haha.
Parma Violets

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #483 on: March 16, 2018, 07:46:15 AM »
I’ll take that but I am a bit confused as to why me winning 19-0 on Tactical Advantage would give me a 6-0 win?!?
Ocean City Orioles - C1
Arsenals Invincibles  - C4
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #484 on: March 16, 2018, 09:11:11 AM »
I noticed some strange results last night too. Not In this league obviously.

Mariners Park lost 4-0 last night while only losing on tactics for 15 minutes against a side I would say I’m stronger than.

The Grey Hen lost 3-0 in a match that was even on tactics...you could argue the team I lost too was stronger but I didn’t think it warrented a 3-0 loss.

I wonder if Junior has done something with the match engine...
South Shields

Offline Wizard

« Reply #485 on: March 16, 2018, 09:34:58 AM »
I noticed something wrong with one of Lucy's games last season, too (I am nosy!) She lost something ridiculously like 6-1 or 7-1 (I can't remember what), but she dominated tactically for the majority of the game... in fact, she didn't put a foot wrong. Nothing wrong with boots or style, etc. I don't know what that was about.
Menagerie
7-1-1

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #486 on: March 16, 2018, 10:29:43 AM »
The only thing I could think of that my players Gelling were all atleast 50 and I think Poachers were 10-20 each player. Unsure how much on an effect that would of made?
Ocean City Orioles - C1
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #487 on: March 16, 2018, 01:27:01 PM »
Damn a last minute goal stopped me getting the perfect start.

That Poachers v Invincibles game was crazy though I couldn't quite believe that score line. I thought Rich must have had AWOL's, I'd be pretty pissed off if that was against me!

Offline davef

« Reply #488 on: March 16, 2018, 03:03:35 PM »
Level until HT then Poachers lost a defender --- and 5 more goals. Always a risk, you would think, when playing 2-5-3 and using 3 subs straight from KO?  It's all I can see (but Invincibles don't look too bad a side). Also, in the past, promoted teams sometimes have seemed to start seasons (anything from first half dozen games to first half of a season) with an invisible advantage. Just a thought.

Offline Contrast

« Reply #489 on: March 16, 2018, 05:24:21 PM »
I went to work this morning and assumed that I had got something wrong. Now I've looked at t, I'm confused.

I deserved to lose, but 1-0, maybe 2?

Frustrating as Gelling has never been an issue before. I've beaten teams with 109 Gelling when I've had zero.

Ah well. The season can only improve from here, right?
Parma Violets

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #490 on: March 16, 2018, 11:51:06 PM »
Level until HT then Poachers lost a defender --- and 5 more goals. Always a risk, you would think, when playing 2-5-3 and using 3 subs straight from KO?  It's all I can see (but Invincibles don't look too bad a side). Also, in the past, promoted teams sometimes have seemed to start seasons (anything from first half dozen games to first half of a season) with an invisible advantage. Just a thought.

Didn’t think of the injury to the defender so Longball against his one remaining defender.
By that time I was 2-0 up with only 4mins TA in my favour and just before his injury I had my Centre Mid go off with a broken arm.
Still baffled by it as much as anyone else.  :o
Ocean City Orioles - C1
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline davef

« Reply #491 on: March 17, 2018, 02:03:33 AM »

Didn’t think of the injury to the defender so Longball against his one remaining defender.
By that time I was 2-0 up with only 4mins TA in my favour and just before his injury I had my Centre Mid go off with a broken arm.
Still baffled by it as much as anyone else.  :o

The only thing I could expand on is maybe his wingers were better at attacking than yours were at defending?  And losing a MF when you are playing LB might not be as relevant as losing one of your two defenders when your opponent has three strikers?  Otherwise it might be just one of those early season things. Or god (in whatever form) hates you --- probably unlikely unless you have been really naughty (though I'm not sure you have to be even really naughty in some religions, just even thinking about a tiny bit of naughtiness might do)?  Hope that is some help  :)

Offline Contrast

« Reply #492 on: March 17, 2018, 09:15:44 AM »
Needed that last night and got a good win in the ICC.

Fair play, Jimbo I had to dig deep and try something different to get a result against you.
Parma Violets

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #493 on: March 17, 2018, 11:01:07 AM »
Couldn't break down Rathpeacon's mighty defence!

0-0 Bore Draw. I will take any points I can get in these first 6 fixtures.

I can already see this league is going to be close again with only 3 teams gaining 2 wins from 2 in the first couple of games!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:03:15 AM by mr_cobra »
Ocean City Orioles - C1
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline jimbo

« Reply #494 on: March 17, 2018, 11:06:16 AM »
Needed that last night and got a good win in the ICC.

Fair play, Jimbo I had to dig deep and try something different to get a result against you.

Well played Rich! Deserved the win  :)
Fulham's Finest