https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Conference Three  (Read 273243 times)

Offline Ryanparker9

Re: Conference Three
« Reply #660 on: July 31, 2018, 08:30:09 AM »
Jimbo you ruined my day yesterday day and night. Ha.

Well played!
King Kenny's Army and Green Bay Parkers

Offline jimbo

« Reply #661 on: July 31, 2018, 09:28:06 AM »
YES!!! Finally beat Mmmrs Phoenix Pigs in 3-1-1!

I just beat them too Jim, 2-0 but they wore the wrong boots last night so I can't take too much credit. Still happy to pick up an unexpected 3 points.

Well played Eamonn. Sometimes it doesn't matter how you win, to get the win is good enough especially against one of the best teams in our conference  :) :) :)
Fulham's Finest

Offline jimbo

« Reply #662 on: July 31, 2018, 09:30:53 AM »
Jimbo you ruined my day yesterday day and night. Ha.

Well played!

I think I'm having a really lucky spell at the moment  :D I didn't deserve to win but will take a point from you  ;)
Fulham's Finest

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #663 on: July 31, 2018, 04:00:47 PM »
Conference three cup final

Sorry for being late but yesterday saw the final of the conference three cup between two non-conference three teams: The Seg and Westeros XI.

Both teams had impressed en route to the final. The Seg beat Saiyan Warriors 5-0 in round one, Pompey Charms 4-1 in the quarter final and Lone Rangers 2-0 in the semi final.

Westeros had three narrow wins beating Belgische Verpakkers 2-1 in round one,  MMMMRS Phoenix Pigs 1-0 in the quarter final and Hoarse Whisperers 2-0 in the semi final.

A tight final was expected and that is what we got! The Seg had the upper hand in the tactical battle for the first 30 minutes and final 30 minutes but could not press home their advantage. The teams could not be seperated in 90 minutes and the game went to extra time. The game looked like going to penalties before Ned Stark popped up with a sneaky strike inside the near post. Try and they might, The Seg could not find an equaliser.

Westeros join the list of conference 3 cup champions, the fifth ever champions.

Congratulations to Westeros and thanks to all for participating this season. Special thanks to Westeros and The Seg for entering, without you there would be no competition. 

Rathpeacon

Offline 3 Eyed Raven

« Reply #664 on: July 31, 2018, 04:14:16 PM »
It was a pleasure guys.  Thanks for inviting us.  There are a lot of good teams in Conf 3 and I was drawn against all of the top 3 in the league.  Good matches which I enjoyed and it was good to play in a different Conference cup. 

There isn't  much in our trophy cabinet so the cup looks nice.

Commiserations to The Seg.  We had the luck on the day, I guess.

I would happily enter again to defend our title but if thats not to happen then maybe one day, if they ever conquer Conf 1 first,  then the Westerosi will land on the shores of 3-1-1  and attempt to take your league.   :)  The Hound says he is in the mood for some pillage.  ;D
3 Eyed Raven

Westeros XI
DVG Stars being Rebuilt

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #665 on: July 31, 2018, 06:50:43 PM »
Thanks Westeros. You certainly have to defend your title. Couldn't have it any other way but we need to sort the format. We will struggle to get 16 teams but a few people have said that 8 teams is too small for the cup. Not sure what we could do.
Rathpeacon

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #666 on: July 31, 2018, 07:09:56 PM »
Sponsor it. ;) The feeling on here is to gain gelling from private leagues, which is fine. However if your out first round then what benefits do you get? Especially if your thinking your only making up the numbers. So if everyone gets free entry, by either someone paying for all team entries or making it free like the Server Cup, then it should fill up.

Another way is to issue a challenge to another Conference to run a Con 3and 4 Cup with eight teams from each Conference. Then I'm sure it would fill up. But not back to back competitions, as Managers may need a break before the next Cup competition. ;) 8)

Offline Ryanparker9

« Reply #667 on: July 31, 2018, 07:55:18 PM »
The Vs idea is awesome. Love that!

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #668 on: July 31, 2018, 09:49:14 PM »
Hello Ad,

I really like your ideas. The sponsorship one is great as it costs people nothing to enter, (except for the sponsor of course  :D)

The conference 3 v other conference is a great idea. We could run that up to seven times.

Maybe both ideas should be tried. Have a free conference 3 cup and also start an inter conference cup competition. what do people think?
Rathpeacon

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #669 on: August 01, 2018, 11:21:08 AM »
Eamon, I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but maybe start with the eight team v eight team challenge cup. Every conference should be able to recruit their eight teams.

If you go down the sponsorship route it's at least 8,000 credits to run a Con 3 Cup Competition. If you try to do seven competitions its 56,000 credits. Which is a mighty amount.  8)

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #670 on: August 01, 2018, 11:33:25 AM »
Hello Ag,

56,000 is a lot but we would and could only run one conference competition at a time and I don't think we would need to sponsor the conference 3 v other conference cup. Surely we could get 8 teams in each to part with their cash? What do you think?

How would we run it? One competition per season? Games every 7 days? Start with the top 8 from the end of this season and work down to list until we have 8 in each conference?
Rathpeacon

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #671 on: August 01, 2018, 05:24:21 PM »
I think you should start it with a Conference V Conference. Ask the Conference three Managers who they would like to take on. Also I think you should let it be on a first in to the competition basis. I know it feels good to have the top eight teams of 311 but it will need active recruiting. 8)

Offline Wizard1234

« Reply #672 on: August 01, 2018, 07:04:45 PM »
Also think would be a bit unfair to start a competition near the end of the season an say top 8 from now gets in!

Not saying next season I’ll be top 8 but live in hope  ;D

Tony
Wizards FC

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #673 on: August 01, 2018, 10:09:45 PM »
Ok, some fair points made. Let's start with two questions then,

1. which server do we want to play in a cup competition?

2. are people willing to pay 500 credits to enter a cup competition?
Rathpeacon

Offline Ryanparker9

« Reply #674 on: August 01, 2018, 10:23:01 PM »
Conference 4 so I can play my brother.

Yes I will.