https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Conference Three  (Read 273244 times)

Offline Cove

• Administrator
Re: Conference Three
« Reply #735 on: October 28, 2018, 05:28:17 PM »
Just a quick message to say well done to Conference three. We followed up our victory over conference four with a good win over conference seven. Well done everyone, please have a celebratory pint on me  ;D
Rathpeacon

Offline Wizard1234

« Reply #736 on: October 28, 2018, 06:24:34 PM »
 ;D ;D
Wizards FC

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #737 on: November 05, 2018, 07:20:02 AM »
Wow, two games left and three teams are tied on 65 points. Who's going to take the title from here???

+/-   Pos       Team Name   Pld   W   D   L   F   A   Pts   
(0)    1       Mmmrs Phoenix Pigs   28   21   2   5   109   21   65   
(0)    2       The Rumour Mill   28   20   5   3   93   14   65   
(0)    3       Hoarse Whisperers   28   21   2   5   90   15   65
Rathpeacon

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #738 on: November 07, 2018, 10:21:40 PM »
The top three are all still level with one game to go. I play MMRs Pigs tonight.

Good luck all.
Rathpeacon

Offline davef

« Reply #739 on: November 08, 2018, 05:40:42 AM »
The top three are all still level with one game to go. I play MMRs Pigs tonight.

Good luck all.

Luck?

Arguably my most important match of the season and despite my best scorer suffering five big injuries during the season, I was still hanging in there as title favourite. So I studied it all and checked everything --- and rechecked.  I was sober and not over-tired.  I even asked Lynne to have a quick look and she checked and gave it the thumbs up before I logged off.  And, apparently, I then substituted my LB with a RB and lost 1-6. 

I won our first league match (reasonably? comfortably;-)) and knew I had to win this. I know I could have lost it (or even drawn and let the Whisperers in) and I could have coped with that but as god is my witness, nothing will ever convince me that when I logged off last night my team and tactics weren't all set up as perfectly as I could have managed. And it was witnessed by an experienced and useful SL manager. 
"
No right of appeal (I doubt I'd win one anyway, I've heard enough sour grapes in the past and it's only ever manager error" and bugs don't exist an I just shrug and move on) so that's what I'll do in this case. It's a game, it's one season and it's not like it was a chance at my first title (or, hopefully will be the last chance I get) but something went wrong last night and if it's happened to me it could happen to others (or to me again) and I will never again ever play a "big" match without taking a screenshot of the details.

And congratulations to Nijinsky --- regardless, he is a worthy champion.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:19:56 AM by davef »

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #740 on: November 08, 2018, 07:17:09 AM »
Sorry Dave,

I am as shocked as you are to win 6-1. You have a better team than me, you beat me 2-1 when we played earlier in the season. I got the tactics right so I am not surprised if I beat you but I can't understand how it was 6-1. Seems like a ridiculous result and a bad way to end the season.
Rathpeacon

Gull

« Reply #741 on: November 08, 2018, 11:21:21 AM »
Can you get away with Blades on a Soft Pitch these days?

Offline Wizard

« Reply #742 on: November 08, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »
Interesting scoreline. Could it have been the boots and the playing style? I would have played passing and blades... but then I am not 100% sure about 2-5-3 and whether use wings is appropriate for this formation as I've never tried 2-5-3 for long enough. Would the sub have made that much of a difference? 6-1 feels so extreme!

Also, would playing normal have made much of a difference? Nutter seems to be the style to play against Billy Bludgeon these days... and I notice that you scored your goal soon after you changed to nutter.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 01:10:24 PM by Wizard »
Menagerie
7-1-1

Offline lucylou

« Reply #743 on: November 08, 2018, 12:52:08 PM »
Can you get away with Blades on a Soft Pitch these days?

Good question.  I’d never chance it.

Offline davef

« Reply #744 on: November 08, 2018, 02:21:47 PM »
Thanks folks but the  system etc worked fine to get me clear at the top of the table and it was only a period when the 4 best of my 5 strikers were out together for a run of games that allowed me to be caught. I'm convinced it was something else.

Having said all that, it was an embarrassing rant brought on by frustration and annoyance and I apologise for that and am just letting it go. What else can be done or said.  It's either that or walk away from SL and I'm not quite ready to do that just yet.

And being a cry-baby whinger just doesn't suit my usually sweet nature and happy-go-lucky personality that has made me so loved and respected by everyone who knows me or has ever met me.  Mostly.  ::)

Dave.

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #745 on: November 08, 2018, 03:52:59 PM »
Dave,

You are very much entitled to a rant given what happened to you. I know I would have had the same reaction if I was in your shoes.

By the way, sorry for ending your title hopes  ;)
Rathpeacon

Offline Nijinsky

« Reply #746 on: November 08, 2018, 04:06:12 PM »
Feckin big "ouch" from me Dave.
I'll take it and look forward to the rematch next season.
Big win against Chris last night as he was the winner with a draw.

Only the one and only Hoarses

Offline davef

« Reply #747 on: November 08, 2018, 11:13:30 PM »
Dave,

You are very much entitled to a rant given what happened to you. I know I would have had the same reaction if I was in your shoes.

By the way, sorry for ending your title hopes  ;)

Well you did (partly) end them.

For THIS season  8) 8) 8)

And since I only have 13 divisional titles (which is hardly impressive) maybe I need to be extra determined to get away from that unlucky number.

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #748 on: November 10, 2018, 09:23:26 AM »

Conference 3 cup starts today!!

It took a long time to get this going and unfortunately, we only have 8 teams but conference 3 cup 7 starts today.

Round one games are below. Can Hoarse win this and complete a league and cup double?

Good luck all.

Rathpeacon   vs    Purple Gelato   
Blue Star Knights   vs    Lucys Wanderers   
Wizards   vs    Hoarse Whisperers   
The Rumour Mill   vs    Clayton Royals

Rathpeacon

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #749 on: November 10, 2018, 07:00:24 PM »
Conference three cup round one

Round one started today and Purple Gelato, Lucys Wanderers and Rumour Mill all recorded easy wins. In the other game, Wizards pushed cup favourites Hoarse all the way to extra time before an 111th minute winner put Hoarse into the semi finals

Rathpeacon   0 - 3    Purple Gelato   
Blue Star Knights   0 - 3    Lucys Wanderers   
Wizards   0 - 1    Hoarse Whisperers   
The Rumour Mill   5 - 1    Clayton Royals

The semi finals takes place on Saturday with the following line up:

The Rumour Mill   vs    Purple Gelato   
Lucys Wanderers   vs    Hoarse Whisperers

GOOD LUCK ALL
Rathpeacon