https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Conference Three  (Read 273242 times)

Offline Cove

• Administrator
Re: Conference Three
« Reply #780 on: December 13, 2018, 02:56:43 PM »
Short just one player for the conference three cup. Any takers?
Rathpeacon

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #781 on: December 13, 2018, 03:07:41 PM »
Short just one player for the conference three cup. Any takers?

Yeh go on Cove, I'll take the last spot if it is still available.
Send over the password when your ready :)
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #782 on: December 13, 2018, 04:12:15 PM »
Done
Rathpeacon

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #783 on: December 14, 2018, 11:57:05 AM »
Getting real tight at the top now.
I've had to replace some of my best squad players especially my defenders and still have to replace a few more... I feel this will cost me the title. As long as I can qualify for next seasons EC and ICC, i'll be a happy man :D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 11:58:46 AM by captain_kush »
Forum Admin

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #784 on: December 16, 2018, 04:00:05 PM »
my great escape continues 😂 but AC are also hitting some form now so it’s squeaky bum time at Blue Star

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #785 on: December 17, 2018, 10:39:23 AM »
The 8th running of the current version of the conference three cup starts today!!!

Rathpeacon   vs    Lucys Wanderers
Defending champions Lucys Wanderers start their campaign against Rathpeacon. Rathpeacon's best result in this competition was losing the final 7 seasons ago to Lucy. Lucy has won this title in season 1 and 7 and who would bet against Lucy winning this for a third time?

Blue Star Reserves   vs    Hoarse Whisperers
Blue Star Reserves host Hoarse Whispers in what is a tough draw for Blue Star. Blue Star started the season poorly but an impressive recent run has seen them moved into mid table with strong potential for a top 8 finish. Hoarse have threatened many times to win this cup losing the final in season 3 and 4 but have yet to get their hands on the title. Could this be their season?

Wizards   vs    Lone Rangers   
Wizards entertain Lone Wanders is what could be a very close game. Wizards are 4th in 3-1-1 but are just two points off top spot. Lone Rangers sit in mid table but have a good record in this competition.

The Rumour Mill   vs    Purple Gelato
Finally, the game of the day might the Rumour Mill against Purple Gelato. Purple Gelato won this cup in season 3 and 6 under the Green Bay brand and lost the final in season 4. Rumour Mill were beaten finalists last season. Who will triumph?

Lastly, remember, it's just a game and a bit of fun. Good luck all, I hope you all enjoy the contest  :D

Rathpeacon

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #786 on: December 17, 2018, 03:25:07 PM »
good game hoarse :-) tried my best but my squad isn’t strong enough clearly. no shame in losing to you

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #787 on: December 17, 2018, 06:45:14 PM »
Ag has left the building.. :o ::) ??? 8)

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #788 on: December 18, 2018, 08:49:20 AM »
Wow four really close games in round one!

Our defending champions have fallen at the first hurdle. Lucys Wanderers were beaten 2-0 by Rathpeacon in what could be seen as a surprise result. Underdogs Blue Star put up a brave side against Hoarse Whsipers and were only 1-0 behind late on before Hoarse sealed the win with a 88th minute second goal. Lone Rangers dominated the possession but a failure to take their opportunities cost them as they went down 2-0 to the very clinical Wizards.

In the game of the day, Rumour Mill led 1-0 at half time  but two second half goals were enough to put Purple Gelato into the next round.

Round one results:

Rathpeacon   2 - 0    Lucys Wanderers   
Blue Star Reserves   0 - 2    Hoarse Whisperers   
Wizards   2 - 0    Lone Rangers   
The Rumour Mill   1 - 2    Purple Gelato

Rathpeacon

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #789 on: December 19, 2018, 09:53:34 AM »
Cup semi finals take place tomorrow!!!

Three of the current top four teams in 3-1-1 have made the semi finals. Could one of those teams do a league and cup double?

Rathpeacon   vs    Hoarse Whisperers   
The first semi final sees Rathpeacon at home to Hoarse Whisperers. Neither side has won this competition before. Rathpeacon lost the final in season one while Hoarse lost the final in seasons three and four. Hoarse has dominated conference three in recent seasons winning 3-1-1 in four of the past five seasons. They will be favourities to progress to a third final.

Wizards   vs    Purple Gelato
Wizards are sitting in second place in 3-1-1 and are eyeing up a possible league and cup double, (something that has yet to be achieved!). Purple Gelato have won this competition on two previous occasions under the Green Bay brand and could be the first team to win this competition three times. It's second in 3-1-1 against fourth. A top quality contest is expected!

Good luck to all of the four teams and may the best teams win :-)

Rathpeacon

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #790 on: December 20, 2018, 03:22:08 PM »
Two tight semi finals

Rathpeacon   2 - 1    Hoarse Whisperers   
This was a very tight game. Goalless at half time before Rathpeacon made a breakthrough early in the second half. Hoarse equalised just one minute later. Rathpeacon got a second after 77 minutes and despite enormous pressure in the closing minutes, they held out to reach the final of the conference three cup for the second time.

Wizards   1 - 0    Purple Gelato
This game may have been scoreless for 90 minutes but it was not without drama or excitement. 27 shots and a red card kept the crowd enthralled while both teams battled for the breakthrough. Wizards struck with their first attack in extra time when Stu Goodall took advantage of a pigeon distracting the goalkeeper to seal a memorable win for Wizards. Wizards make the final of the conference three cup for the first time.

The final will be fought out between two teams who have never won the conference 3 cup. Good luck to Wizards but I hope I win  ;D
Rathpeacon

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #791 on: December 20, 2018, 04:36:20 PM »
Nice win to the Wizards.. Felt a bit unlucky there but it happens I guess  :P

Good luck to both in the final.
Forum Admin

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #792 on: December 20, 2018, 04:45:17 PM »
Nice win to the Wizards.. Felt a bit unlucky there but it happens I guess  :P

Good luck to both in the final.

Pigeons are dangerous birds, can't blame your goalkeeper for being distracted  :P ;D :D
Rathpeacon

Offline bluestarknights

« Reply #793 on: December 21, 2018, 03:40:31 AM »
too late for an assault at the Top 8 but on the plus side, 1 more point from 4 games guarantees my safety for another season 😬 wohoo

right at the top, 4-way race (or should that be 4-hoarse? 😜) good luck you guys it’s an exciting watch

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #794 on: December 21, 2018, 09:07:55 AM »
Conference three is a great conference, lots of good teams who are similar in standard which makes for a great league. Looking forward to how this season finishes.
Rathpeacon