https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Conference Three  (Read 273274 times)

Offline Cove

• Administrator
Re: Conference Three
« Reply #825 on: January 27, 2019, 04:35:39 PM »
Rathpeacon  1-0 Blue Star Knights   
Hardly a classic but Rathpeacon will be thrilled to be still in the cup. A 77th minute strike was enough after a pigeon upset the Blue Star goalkeeper.

Wizards   3-0   Saiyan Warriors 
A Kenny Dewitt hat trick was the difference as the champions eased their way into the next round. Can they be the first team to defend the conference three cup?

Hoarse Whisperers   3-0  Lone Rangers   
Sergio Aguero was on top form as his hat trick was enough to put conference three king pins Hoarse into the next round. Can they win their first ever conference three cup?

A.C.Upstreet   0-3  Mmmrs Phoenix Pigs
Mmmrs proved a step too far for AC today with herbie voor grabbing the third hat trick of the day. AC can look forward to 3-1-1 soccer next season. Mmmrs could be dark horses to win the cup.

Semi finals next weekend. Thanks to all for playing and best of luck to our semi finalists

Semi finals

Wizards   vs    Hoarse Whisperers
Mmmrs Phoenix Pigs   vs    Rathpeacon
Rathpeacon

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #826 on: February 03, 2019, 08:23:19 AM »
CONFERENCE THREE CUP SEMI FINAL DAY !!!!!!

Wizards   vs    Hoarse Whisperers
The top two teams in conference three meet in the first semi final and what a game this promises to be. Hoarse Whisperers has dominated conference 3 for several seasons but has yet to win the cup. Wizards are the defending cup champions and are looking to become the first team to defend the conference three cup. Both teams have mean defences conceding just 14 goals between them in the league so far this season. Who will triumph here? Extra time may be needed.

Mmmrs Phoenix Pigs   vs    Rathpeacon
MMMRS Phoenix Pigs entertain Rathpeacon is what is an intriguing cup semi final. Two team conference 3 cup finalists Rathpeacon sit 4th in the league table but are just 6 points ahead of MMMRS. MMMRS are developing a dynamic new squad and reaching a conference 3 final would be a strong endorsement of the new team. Expect very little between these too but home advantage may be just enough to help MMMRS reach their first conference three cup final.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL FOUR TEAMS!!!
Rathpeacon

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #827 on: February 03, 2019, 03:22:43 PM »
Conference 3 cup semi finals

The champions are out!!!

Wizards   1-2   Hoarse Whisperers
The top two teams in conference three met in the first semi final and a game this was. 28 shots in total and after 90 minutes, the cup champions were narrowly beaten!

Hoarse Whispers started brightly and their early endeavours were rewarded by a Sergio Aguero strike on 21 minutes. Wizards were never going to give up their title without a fight and after some shrewd tactical changes, up popped Richie Wilson to level things right on half time.

The second half was a real dog fight but just as we were getting ready for extra time, some silky skills by Ageuro won the game for Hoarse with just five minutes to go.

Hoarse reach their third conference cup final, will it be third time lucky?

Mmmrs Phoenix Pigs   3-0    Rathpeacon
MMMRS is building a new squad and maybe today we got a first glimpse of what this team may be capable of. They totally dominated their opponents today. Ben Dover opened the scoring on 22 minutes. Harrison Fire extended the lead on 50 minutes and Manuel Labour finished off the scoring on 75 minutes.  Rathpeacon rarely threatened and will be disappointed with their efforts.

MMMRS will contest their first conference 3 cup final. Could they win at the first attempt? Based on today's performance, they have every chance.

Rathpeacon

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #828 on: February 08, 2019, 07:32:02 AM »
I thought Lone Rangers deserved a draw in last night's game V Purple Gelato ;) 8)

Offline davef

« Reply #829 on: February 08, 2019, 01:34:39 PM »
I thought Lone Rangers deserved a draw in last night's game V Purple Gelato ;) 8)

I'm not sure I'd ever wish for what I deserve (in anything). Just in case  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #830 on: February 08, 2019, 07:44:44 PM »
CONFERENCE 3 CUP FINAL THIS SUNDAY!

MMMrs Phoenix Pigs v Hoarse Whispers
Sunday sees the final of the conference three cup. This is the ninth season of the current version of the cup and this final may be the hardest one to call yet. Hoarse Whisperers have dominated conference three in recent seasons but they have yet to win the cup, losing two previous finals. They currently lead 3-1-1 by one point. No team has done the conference 3 league and cup double. Could Whisperers be the first team to complete the double?

Hoping to stop a Hoarse triumph are MMMRs Phoenix Pigs who are appearing in their first conference 3 cup final. MMMrs are currently in a rebuilding phase but rebuilding seems to be well ahead of target as can be seen in this season's cup run. MMMRs has won 3-1-1 four times and has won the Elite and Server cup in the past. Could they add another cup to the trophy cabinet?

Paths to the final

Round 1: Hoarse Whisperers 3 - 0 Lone Rangers
Semi final: Wizards 1 - 2 Hoarse Whisperers

Round 1: A.C. Upstreet 0 - 3 MMMRs Phoenix Pigs
Semi final:  MMMRs Phoenix Pigs 3 - 0 Rathpeacon
Rathpeacon

Offline davef

« Reply #831 on: February 08, 2019, 11:02:43 PM »
It'd be an upset based on some serious good fortune for me to win it (but then it's my first go at this cup so maybe I haven't used all my beginners luck up?). If, though, there was a book on the result, I, for sure, would not bet on me. Too many new players (from ditching too many top-but-nearing-perch-falling-off-time while they were still at the top of their games before they faded and the right replacements were available --- based on the Liverpool plan in the 1970s. What could go wrong?) and it's a bit early for the new squad. Next season should see me top six and then the one after --- we shall see  ;)

Good luck to Nijinsky --- but if it all falls to me instead of him I won't feel at all guilty  ;D

Offline ihsansaka

« Reply #832 on: February 08, 2019, 11:38:19 PM »
No Good Luck to Nijinsky please! I have him in QF of Champions Shield tonight, i need the luck not him! :)

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #833 on: February 09, 2019, 03:17:44 AM »

Lucky 3 points to me if I must say Ag.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline Nijinsky

« Reply #834 on: February 09, 2019, 10:07:02 AM »
Dave,
At the Etihad tomorrow so I might not have time to set up.
Or maybe i will..
Good luck anyway.
How did you get players on the TM. I can't buy a sausage, Rich keeps stealing them from me  ;D
Only the one and only Hoarses

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #835 on: February 09, 2019, 01:17:06 PM »

Lucky 3 points to me if I must say Ag.

Thanks Kush. All I meant was at 75 minutes you had used all your advanced tactics and we had tactical advantage so if Lone Rangers scored there could be no tactical response from Gelato. I know it does not always work that way but an equaliser would have been fair. ;) 8)

Offline davef

« Reply #836 on: February 10, 2019, 01:36:24 PM »
Dave,
At the Etihad tomorrow so I might not have time to set up.
Or maybe i will..
Good luck anyway.
How did you get players on the TM. I can't buy a sausage, Rich keeps stealing them from me  ;D

TM just took very regular checking. Got some real bargains too.  As for today, the match engine has, by suspending the only player I couldn't afford to lose, decided the result as I can't now put out a viable competitive formation. I'll probably go through motions of some sort but I might as well say congrats now.  :)

Offline Nijinsky

« Reply #837 on: February 10, 2019, 08:41:50 PM »
Well done Dave,
Can't say I've had such a bad day though  :D
Only the one and only Hoarses

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #838 on: February 10, 2019, 09:16:31 PM »
CONFERENCE 3 CUP FINAL

MMMrs Phoenix Pigs 1-0 Hoarse Whisperers
Congratulation to MMMrs Phoenix Pigs who have won the conference three cup for the first time ever. Heartbreak for Hoarse Whisperers who lose in the final for the third time.

This was a tense game all the way through with chances at a premium. Goalless at half time, the second half followed the opening pattern. Extra time was looming before Adam Bomb scored from a throw in to put MMMRs ahead. Hoarse fought hard for an equaliser but MMMrs held out to win their first cup.

Well done MMMrs, hard luck to Hoarse and thank you to all who took part. We will go again next season for the 10th conference 3 cup.
Rathpeacon

Offline davef

« Reply #839 on: February 10, 2019, 09:30:36 PM »
Well done Dave,
Can't say I've had such a bad day though  :D

Just confirms why I dislike and generally avoid KO cups.  Not that I am unhappy with winning  ;D.

Maybe payback for Loftus Road yesterday. I've only ever seen QPR come back from 4 down at HT twice. At home to Newcastle when it ended 5-5 and away to Port Vale after they had a perfectly good well-over-the-line "goal" not given at 4-0 and Rangers came back to draw 4-4 so yesterday was set for the hat-trick. And to have the Pen saved by an ex-QPR keeper just rubbed salt in  >:(

So the SL cup win was sweet and so was your lot's win at the Etihad. I didn't watch the game nor have I read any chels fans' comments  on forums but I'm guessing City only won due to amazing luck and inefficient/corrupt officials. And possibly a government/EU/Russian conspiracy.

I still need at least one more defender so I hope you won't be looking for one yourself ;-)