https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 681020 times)

Offline Late

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #2115 on: September 11, 2013, 01:15:20 AM »
Am about 2 quests off finishing the storyline in Lego LOTR... I think this is going down as my least favourite Lego game for several reasons :

1) They talk...
2) Nowhere near as funny as some of the other Lego games
3) There's way more content outside the main quests than there is inside the main quests (or that's what its looking like to me)
4) Open maps are fine.. but it looks too big  :o

5) It's LOTR - so inherently crap.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2116 on: September 11, 2013, 02:17:24 PM »
Blasphemy :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #2117 on: September 11, 2013, 07:42:41 PM »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2118 on: September 12, 2013, 10:04:56 AM »
Doubt it.. you definitely wont hear any concrete info until a few months after the release date if it was to happen.. otherwise it would effect sales... I'd expect a PC announcement before a next-gen one too... I wouldn't expect a Wii U announcement anytime ever..  ;D

I found the Bezerker last night on LOTR.. thanks late.. gonna save me a few hours... started going through some of the quests again but I really need a stud multiplier and minikit detector - I presume there is some kind of treasure trove detector too.. so I'll hold fire on the quests for now and try and find the right people that give me those red bricks.. theres so bloody many though  :o  NHL 14 was posted yesterday.. I want to get this lego game finished before GTA 5... am only 40% through atm though.  I think Edge nailed the review for the game.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 10:08:01 AM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #2119 on: September 12, 2013, 11:46:20 AM »
I was surprised to see images being leaked for it. Could understand some troll faking an image, but amazon? Definitely makes most financial sense to leave it at least six months, to sell as many current gen copies as possible before building hype for a port to next gen (I assume it'd just be ported, and not enhanced).
Not long to go now. Gamestop sent reminder emails to everyone to have funds in their account this week for the game. I'm led to believe they're sending it standard delivery though, from Ireland, so it might be a couple of days after release date before I get my hands on it.

Lego LOTR was by far my least favourite Lego game. Way too much leg work required in getting the red bricks (plus I don't like LOTR). Find a person somewhere in a fairly big open world, who needs something. Go find blueprints for what they want, in some random and unobvious place. Collect enough Mythril to build it. Go to the blacksmith to forge it. Take it to the person. Get your reward.
Compare to pretty much all other Lego games, where you just find the hidden red brick in each level by using one of the non-storyline characters, and pay studs to activate it.
I just couldn't be arsed with it all, and ended up with 500/1000 gamerscore (I usually get around 900 in Lego games). Probably the first time I've played a lego game and not unlocked all characters and red bricks.

Downloaded Far Cry Blood Dragon last night. That's effectively in the pile now (albeit a mental pile rather than a physical one).
Really must get round to playing some of the backlog soon. I'm pretty much just playing COD lately, and most of the backlog don't really interest me (mainly stuff I got for free or for about £2) but I'm keen to play Blood Dragon and Witcher 2, and to replay State of Decay.

Offline Late

« Reply #2120 on: September 12, 2013, 12:47:29 PM »
lol @ Microsoft buying xbone.com and xbone.net from some entrepreneurial soul.

fusible

Offline harv

« Reply #2121 on: September 12, 2013, 08:16:53 PM »
Blimey, that's going to be a sizable backhander :o

I would have demanded a wad of cash, a launch day One signed by Bill Gates and a lifetime Gold subscription lol :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #2122 on: September 12, 2013, 09:25:03 PM »
Took 20 seasons.. but won the Community shield, league cup, fa cup, premier league and champions league in one season with Basingstoke FC.. lol.. beat Real Madrid 5-0 in the CL final too  :o  My team was awesome.. but I resigned on a high.. 

..joined the Italian leagues.. starting at the bottom in Serie C2/A with Unione Venezia (Venice FC) .. its tough.. only just "keeping my head above the water" lol.. I'll get me coat  8)

Offline Late

« Reply #2123 on: September 13, 2013, 12:25:47 PM »
I've never been interested in "companion apps" before. For those of you not aware of them, it's an app for your ios or android device that lets you do stuff related to a mainstream console or pc game. Might be something as mundane as changing your character's appearance and loadout, but could be something that lets you improve your character's stats by putting them through some training or doing some mini-challenges.
Nothing to get too excited about there, so far - but I like where it's heading. There's real potential in companion apps if they're done well.

And Watchdogs looks like it's doing it well, with a fantastic app.
Details on dealspwn

Offline harv

« Reply #2124 on: September 13, 2013, 01:54:16 PM »
I was a bit worried about there being too many Murfy levels in Rayman Legends but now I want more of them lol ;D

Have now got 86 out of 700 of the big blue things you have to collect. Plenty of content to this, including Origins with redesigned levels which is handy because I missed the first one last gen.

A really excellent game but I'm pretty sure that Ubisoft are going to regret releasing it so close to GTA V. :(

Offline jman

« Reply #2125 on: September 15, 2013, 03:50:16 PM »
Another 15 games on ebay.. including Lego LOTR lol... am on about 98% of the game.. just 15 mithril bricks to go.. everything else is done.. then just need to tie up the remaining achievements.. be done by Monday.. actually in terms of length.. it took about the same as the others.. theres only 3 main quests (the films).. hence why there is so much filler in the main world.. its still the worst lego game because they have used voices from the film which just doesn't work with the Lego humour.. of which the game is quite thin on the ground... tis a shame, I thought I'd love this one the most as I enjoy the whole LOTR universe.

Cant see Tesco getting my GTA5 to me on Tuesday.. have a bad feeling I'll get it Thursday or something stupid like that  :-\

Offline harv

« Reply #2126 on: September 15, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »
Note to self (and anyone else that gets Rayman Legends): Don't go to bed immediately after playing the Eye Of The Tiger (kazoo version lol) level on Rayman Legends. Couldn't get the bloody tune out of my head, if it weren't for my medication I wouldn't have got any sleep at all ;D ;D ;D

Awesome game, I was a bit worried that there may have been too many Murfy touchscreen levels but after playing a fair few of them now I want even more of them. ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #2127 on: September 16, 2013, 07:50:25 AM »
Bloody hell, Tesco shipped my GTA5 last night... delivery date is on or before Wednesday... :o just remembered I said I'd go over my dads to watch a CL game on Tuesday though.. bollocks  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #2128 on: September 16, 2013, 10:00:24 AM »
Apparently Amazon have pissed Rockstar off by shipping early - with some people receiving the game over the weekend.
There's speculation some highstreet stores might put the game up for sale today, so as not to fall behind. Doubt that, tbh. Like people are going to wake up today, see Amazon have shipped early, and decide to order from them?

Offline jman

« Reply #2129 on: September 16, 2013, 01:12:55 PM »
Looks like Valve has picked up on Microsoft's Family Sharing thingy...

Link

Bit more restrictive than what Microsoft proposed.. only 1 person can access the library at one time...

No doubt Valve will get wonderful feedback from the same gamers that demanded Microsoft revert back to a traditional console style.  ;D