https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Bargains  (Read 99592 times)

Offline Late

Re: Bargains
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2012, 03:32:24 PM »
Lots of very good deals on Steam lately.
I don't really do PC gaming, so don't have a Steam account (at least I don't think I do - but I might've made one at some point), but I can certainly see why millions do...

GTA complete collection = £9.99 (7 games)
Fallout 3 GOTY = £3.74
Hitman Collection = £3.74 (3 games)
Borderlands GOTY = £4.99
Portal 1&2 = £4.49
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2012, 10:19:22 AM »
Oh bugger.. my live subscription has ended again.. anyone see any deals lately let me know ta

I personally think £28.99 for 14 months is a bit steep, but it seems to be the cheapest around.
There's some discussion in that thread about that deal, and others (so far it's mainly about dashboard offers) - worth a look if you've not sorted something yet.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2012, 11:12:32 AM »
When you get used to paying the auto-renewal fee, thats not a bad price... but I think unless I see a cracking deal, I'll wait.. I probably wont really need it until Halo 4 comes out anyway.. I dont have time to play that much online, and I have got loads of single player only type games to still get through (Witcher/Lego HP2)

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2012, 04:09:11 PM »
£28.99 for 14 months seems like a nice price...But you're not willing to pay for it? Whatever happened to whole "With Xbox Live you get what you pay for, which is a better service" mantra?

Not trying to start any wars, but I just had to bring it up...After all, it is somewhat funny how you've always claimed Xbox Live to be better and justifiable for the fact it costs money, yet you won't splash out on a deal that see's you paying £2 a month....lol  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2012, 04:39:31 PM »
I know you were talking to Kieron, but I'll jump in ahead of him.

Two things to consider there.
1 - I paid £30 for 30 months last year, and there's semi-regular offers of £1 for a month or £2 for 2 months, so it's definitely possible to do a lot better than £2 a month;
2 - As far as I'm aware, the arguments about live beating psn were a long while back (before sony's premium service), and tbh xbox live has gone downhill recently, in my opinion. Horrible "Metro" layout, bloody adverts everywhere, and a lack of decent games to actually play online (though that last point is definitely a personal opinion and one that would apply to playstation, too)

Offline harv

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2012, 05:10:38 PM »
Live is only worth paying for in the States. It's pretty much gimped here in Europe unfortunately. :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2012, 09:26:02 PM »
If you read what I said Ross, I don't really have time to play online that much anymore, why would I want to pay for something when it would just go unused?? My opinion of live hasn't changed and if there are no crackers of a deal crop up before halo 4 comes out, I'll gladly pay full price for it then.

Lol, nice try, but live is still the service of choice when it comes to online gaming I'm afraid  ;)

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2012, 10:27:03 PM »
If you read what I said Ross, I don't really have time to play online that much anymore, why would I want to pay for something when it would just go unused?? My opinion of live hasn't changed and if there are no crackers of a deal crop up before halo 4 comes out, I'll gladly pay full price for it then.

Lol, nice try, but live is still the service of choice when it comes to online gaming I'm afraid  ;)

£2 a month....Hardly anything if you've got a job, either that or you're bigger cheapskate than Harv lol

Offline jman

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2012, 10:43:05 PM »
Like I said, I'll buy it when I need it, only takes a few minutes to pay and enter a code, you are right though, £2 a month is peanuts, glad you have finally agreed on that, wasn't too long ago you were saying it was too expensive to warrant paying for lol

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »
Like I said, I'll buy it when I need it, only takes a few minutes to pay and enter a code, you are right though, £2 a month is peanuts, glad you have finally agreed on that, wasn't too long ago you were saying it was too expensive to warrant paying for lol

Why would I pay for something when there is a cheaper alternative? Not only cheaper, but completely free of charge...

Offline jman

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2012, 08:16:47 AM »
Ermm... didnt you pay for a PSN+ subscription at some point.. pretty sure I remember that from the last forums... maybe you should answer your own question then... why did you pay for it when theres a cheaper alternative... LMAO !!

And anyway... if I take your advice and go for the cheaper alternative... (which for me is a silver live membership which costs nothing).. I have that now and you still lambast me for it anyway - you cant have it both ways ross... according to you, if I dont pay then Im a cheapskate, and if I do pay Im getting ripped off.. I've already stated I dont play online much these days.. so silver membership is perfect for me (for now)... your not winding me up, your just coming off as really stupid here...

Offline Late

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2012, 09:20:25 AM »
My console's online subscription service is better than your console's online subscription service.

Stop bickering, kids, and get back to laughing at Nintendo's efforts.

Offline jman

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2012, 11:09:29 AM »
My console's online subscription service is better than your console's online subscription service.

I take it your talking to ross there  ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2012, 04:26:14 PM »
The thing is that Live over here is seriously gimped over here. It's actually a great deal in the States, plenty of extras for your cash. Going to have to phone them up and remove my credit card from the system, don't want them doing a Sony. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2012, 10:37:02 PM »
Ermm... didnt you pay for a PSN+ subscription at some point.. pretty sure I remember that from the last forums... maybe you should answer your own question then... why did you pay for it when theres a cheaper alternative... LMAO !!

And anyway... if I take your advice and go for the cheaper alternative... (which for me is a silver live membership which costs nothing).. I have that now and you still lambast me for it anyway - you cant have it both ways ross... according to you, if I dont pay then Im a cheapskate, and if I do pay Im getting ripped off.. I've already stated I dont play online much these days.. so silver membership is perfect for me (for now)... your not winding me up, your just coming off as really stupid here...

...I've never had PS+, they don't do enough deals on DLC for me to be interested in it. No idea where you got that from, but you've obviously been mistaken.