https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: E3 2014  (Read 12356 times)

Offline Late

E3 2014
« on: May 19, 2014, 02:02:03 PM »
Kicking off on 9th June 2014

Key press conferences are:
(The below times are BST)

17:30 (09/06/14) - Microsoft
20:00 (09/06/14) - EA
23:00 (09/06/14) - Ubisoft
02:00 (10/06/14) - Sony
13:00 (10/06/14) - Nintendo

Edit: some of those times might be wrong. I don't think they are, but don't blame me if you rely on my post and don't double check and it turns out I got some wrong! :p
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:07:50 PM by Late »
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

Re: E3 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »
I'm expecting:

Sony:
Morpheus VR
Uncharted 4
Gran Turismo 6 (ps4)
God of War 4
Syphon Filter reboot
WipEout
The Order 1886
The Last Of Us 2
Project Beast

Microsoft:
Ryse 2 (Middle-ages)
Forza Horizon 2
Halo 2: Anniversary
Halo TV
Halo 5
Perfect Dark reboot
Epic's unnamed Samaritan game.
EchoBlack (Kinect)
Gears of War
Fable Legends
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive

Nintendo:
Legend of Zelda (Wii U)
Castlevania (3DS)

Other (multiplatform):
GTA 5
Mass Effect 4
Deus Ex
Dishonored 2
Destiny
Star Wars: Battlefront 3
plus the usual annual games such as Fifa, COD, NFL, NHL, etc.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 03:18:04 PM »
Sunset Overdrive looks pretty good actually, I could be tempted to get that.. it does look a lot like Jet Set Radio..

And the Samaritan game could blow away the competition with the graphics.

Will be watching the Microsoft conference live again, hope they stream it through the consoles.

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 03:22:28 PM »
From Nintendo I'm expecting:

Zelda U
Pokemon U (with NFC figurines)
Miyamoto's new game (probably NFC involved)
Any two of the following given the Wind Waker HD treatment - Eternal Darkness, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, Wave Race, F-Zero GX
Release dates for Bayonetta 2, Yarn Yoshi, X, SSBU, Hyrule Warriors
Wii Sports Club Boxing and Baseball
QoL
Hyrule Warriors
Sonic Boom
DLC for Mario Kart 8 giving Arenas for Battle Mode, first piece as free DLC the others reasonably priced
Retro's new title, possibly Metroid U or possibly Raven Blade
More collaborations between Nintendo and high profile indie developers similar to the deals with Platinum Games
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate U

Nintendo have spent $100m dollars on a 'new tech' acquisition but we don't know if it's a device, patent or company. Could be QoL related, could be that we won't see what comes of it for years. They're also rumoured to have bought a new developer for $150m dollars too.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 03:25:17 PM »
QoL is just going to be Wii Fit.

Offline harv

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 04:15:12 PM »
We only know two things about QoL - it's 'non-wearable' and is a part of their new 'Blue Ocean' strategy. It will probably have some sort of fitness angle to it though. Not too interested in it myself though tbh.

Forgot about the 3DS stuff too:

Castlevania 3DS
Majora's Mask 3DS
Metroid 3DS
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 3DS
A sequel to Revelaitons
SSB 3DS
Pokemon 3DS
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 08:56:32 AM »
Wonder if Rockstar are going to be at E3 this year.. apparently they have a new game coming out this fiscal year so it would make sense

Rumours running amok that it is RDR2 - which would be ruddy bloody great!  Could even be Bully 2 - but I doubt it.

The most logical game (unfortunately) is their Sony exclusive "Agent" which we already know is being developed by Rockstar North

Offline Late

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 09:34:22 AM »
Would love to see another Red Dead Redemption.

Offline jman

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 09:35:25 AM »
There's been rumours going around that Fallout 4 will be showcased in Microsoft's press conference.. I presume its going to be PS4/X1 - but there's another rumour going round that Microsoft have a massive unexpected 3rd party exclusive to show off too.. you never know!  ;)

Battlefield : Hardline got announced the other day - so that will be definitely be at E3

Looks like there will be another Mortal Kombat announced too.

I'm thinking that Rockstar game is going to be GTA5 (on next gen) or Agent now.. so not so hyped for that anymore

Offline Late

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 10:38:44 AM »
Battlefield Hardline looks pretty good. Will be keeping an eye on that.
Nice to see the switch from traditional wars to Cops-v-Robbers - which means they can still incorporate most of the weapons, equipment, game-modes etc. that they usually do but can also try a few new things.

Offline jman

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 08:39:12 AM »
Rumours afloat recently that Shenmue 3 could be a possible reveal at E3, mainly because Sega have very recently renewed the trademark for it and because of comments from Phil Spencer that said its the number one game requested by xbox fans and Sony pretty much saying the same thing too.

That would single handily be the biggest news of E3 if true.. I don't believe it will be shown at E3 myself, but I do believe it will be released in the near future... Xbox and Sony are both keen to secure it - it would be a massive exclusive - that game + the HD remakes of the first two would be a console seller to me.

I never finished the first one - which I had on the dreamcast.. but when they re-released the second one on the xbox - I was all over that.. and absolutely loved it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:49:34 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 08:50:53 AM »
There's also rumours that there's another Red Dead on the way and that Microsoft have a big third party exclusive to reveal. If the exclusive is Shenmue 3 the internet will explode lol ;D

I'm expecting another collaboration between Nintendo and a big indie developer too, probably Crytek or Suda51/Grasshopper. TimeSplitters 4 for the Wii U confirmed!!! :o :P

Offline jman

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 09:32:25 AM »
Would be quite fun if any of the stuff on this page happened at E3 :

Link  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 09:52:33 AM »
Would be quite fun if any of the stuff on this page happened at E3 :

Link  ;D

lol! :D

Offline jman

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 02:21:20 PM »
Microsoft just announced Forza Horizon 2 to drop this autumn.. think I'll pass, I did enjoy Forza 5 - but not enough to buy the same game again a year later.. if I hadn't of played Forza 5 - I'm sure it would be worth a go.

...but what will MS have left for E3 ?? lol.. they keep announcing all their games prior to the show..

Sony on the other hand - don't seem to have anything major (apart from Project Beast) - makes you wonder why they are streaming to cinemas  :-\  They must have something big that hasn't leaked yet