https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: E3 2014  (Read 12354 times)

Offline Late

Re: E3 2014
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2014, 11:27:34 AM »
I've got the app thing installed on my One, but don't normally get home until about 5:45.
Might see if I can sneak out a few minutes early, drive a little more aggressively than normal, and go down the shortcut that I've shunned for the last couple of years due to the ridiculous number of potholes - and possibly be home for 5:30.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2014, 05:10:48 PM »
Awesome news about the achievements snap ability and achievement help, love that!  :D

Offline jman

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2014, 05:36:58 PM »
1st game : COD Advanced Warfare, multi plat, xb1 timed exclusive for DLC, actually looks good - 4th Nov 14

2nd game : Forza Horizon 2, exclusive, sounds and looks just like Forza 5 - 30th September 14

3rd game : Evolve, multi plat, looks awesome! Beta this fall

4th game : Assassins Creed Unity, multi plat, looks good but exactly the same as other AC games - TBA

5th game : Dragon Age Inquisition , multi plat, xb1 timed excluive on DLC, 7th Oct 14

6th game : Sunset Overdrive, exclusive, looks great, day 1 for me, 28th Oct 14

7th game : Super Ultra Dead Rising.... DLC for Dead Rising 3, available now, lol looks funny as fuck

8th game : Dance Central Spotlight + Disney Fantasia, exclusive, release at fall

9th game : Fable Legends, exclusive I think, looks boring, beta this fall

10th game : Project Spark, exclusive, meh, available now

11th game : Ori and the blind forest, exclusive,  weird but looks alright

12th game : Halo 5, exclusive, day 1, spring 2015 + Halo the master chief collection, includes Halo 1,2,3,4.... YES!! Halo 2 getting anniversary treatment with original multiplayer untouched YES YES!!!

Fuck me it's got 100 mp maps and ships with 4000 gs.  Also ships with Halo Nightfall, the CGI thingy.  Halo 5 beta drops in December, omg can't wait and drops on my birthday too  ;D

2015 portfolio

Inside : no fucking idea what that was about

Loads of Id@xbox stuff

Rise of the Tomb Raider : cool

Witcher 3 Wildhunt : yawn

Phantom Dust, exclusive, never heard of it :\

The Division, looking forward to this, timed exclusive DLC

Scalebound, exclusive, platinum games, is it an jrpg?  Looks good

Crackdown 3, exclusive, haha, awesome

Looks like that's it, not a bad conference, not many surprises but the halo announcement is awesome!!

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 06:59:46 PM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2014, 07:16:07 PM »
Not a bad conference, but is it enough..? Only one Megaton unleashed in Crackdown 3 right at the end, I think Sony is going to blow this conference out of the water tbh.

Good to see Conker too, love that squirrel! ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2014, 07:19:43 PM »
Theres still fuck all games to buy a ps4 for, so they need to show a lot of exclusives to beat that imo,  they sure showed a load of games, the master chief collection could well be the best collection ever made

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2014, 07:31:49 PM »
Biggest surprise for me was how much fun Sunset Overdrive looked. That's one I'll definitely be picking up. Ori & the Blind Forest looked good, as did Inside (Limbo sequel?). The Division looks like a day 1 purchase too, hope it doesn't suffer a graphics downgrade.

Never touched Halo but I feel I must give the Master Chief collection a try. If only all HD collections had that level of effort put into them!

No "mic dropping" moment, but a reasonably good E3 for MS. An aggressive attempt to win back the US market with all the Halo stuff. Kudos for not mentioning TV once during the whole thing.  :P
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 07:36:20 PM by ancelotti »

Offline Late

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2014, 08:13:17 PM »
I'm not as excited as most folk seem to be by Sunset Overdrive (looks good fun, but I don't need to change my underwear every time someone mentions the game) - but that trailer was fantastically done, cutting in on the soldier hiding in cover behind the crates. =))

Awesome to have the Master Chief Collection confirmed. And not just confirmed - but looking so well packaged, with over 100 maps and custom playlists. I'm a little surprised they're using the old engine - but will definitely be buying it anyway, partly to replay the four campaigns, partly for all that multiplayer, and partly for the halo 5 beta. :D
(Oh - and the TV show. Meh.)

Looking forward to Limbo 2, too (I forget it's name, but it was unmistakably Limbo).

And Witcher 3 looks amazing. I've never played a Witcher game before (have got W2 in cellophane somewhere) and feel I've made a mistake by not trying it yet.

I'm so happy to see the return of Crackdown - so long as it's a new game and not just a reskinned port. Probably my favourite reveal of Microsoft's presser. :D

Cod looked nice, as it usually does - especially the Matrix-style swarm of bots - but I couldn't shake an overwhelming feel of "this is like Titanfall but played at a snails pace instead of freerunning" and that sounds like a poor sell. But there's always Kevin Spacey...

And The Division looks great, natch.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2014, 08:31:52 PM »
Lol @ PGA tour using Frostbite 3 - allowing "levolution" like a battleship crashing through the course as you play.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:33:38 PM by Late »

Offline Late

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2014, 09:03:58 PM »
Dayum. Battlefield Hardline beta available today on PC and ps4.
Looks great fun.

Offline jman

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2014, 11:08:05 PM »
Think battlefield has had its day to be honest, well for me anyway, Bf3 was gimped and nowhere near as good as Bf2, and Bf4 was plagued with bugs and did nothing new

I think the reason Sunset Overdrive appeals to me so much is the obvious jet set inspired gameplay and the fact it doesn't take itself seriously

The MC collection is everything I wanted, so glad they aren't messing with the multiplayer, but you do forget how much the graphics have come on in 10 years.  I cant wait to play classic Zanzibar again, I love that map so much

Unsure if crackdown is a remake of the first game or an actual 3rd game.

Looking forward to reading up on Sony's conference tomorrow morning.  Also looking forward to finding out a bit more of civilization : beyond earth.

I was a bit disappointed there was no shenmue news from MS  :(

Offline harv

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2014, 11:16:52 PM »
Battlefield may look great but unfortunately with DICE involved you're pretty much guaranteed that the game is going to be brokenwwhen it launches. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2014, 11:29:03 PM »
The last Battlefield had big problems (mainly on PC, but also some problems on consoles) but they have a good pedigree and I have high hopes. And the heist mission they showed looked fantastic fun.

Aisha Taylor's winning e3 once again.

Offline Late

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2014, 12:19:04 AM »
Ubisoft done.

I missed the first ten minutes, so missed all the Far Cry 4 stuff - will catch up on that later.
Edit - oh man, I can't wait. This dude might be even better than Vaas. Looks fantastic from that intro :D

I'm liking the look of both Took Clancy games. Rainbow Six Siege is looking great, with fantastic environment destruction. Division looks to have a great story and gameplay looks good.

I'm not one for fitness games, but Shape Up looked good. Not sure if that's because it's good, or they just put on an entertaining show of it. Looks like it makes great use of kinect.

Assassins Creed Unity looks to be more of the same (which is fine) but with some co-op multiplayer missions. I don't do much co-op so I'm not sure about that.

The Crew looks like it has potential, but I don't think they showed/told us anything we hadn't already seem.

Not sure about Valiant Hearts. I'm wary of bringing out a WWI game on the 100th anniversary of the war, but I hear it's tastefully done and it looks pretty and emotional.

And there's the dancing game. Yeah, no thanks.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:38:14 AM by Late »

Offline harv

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2014, 01:29:09 AM »
Didn't watch the Ubisoft conference because that woman is VERY annoying lol.

Did they announce any kind of Expansion Packs for Rocksmith 2014..? Have been expecting BluesSmith for a while.

Offline Late

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2014, 04:26:33 AM »
No, I don't think there was any mention of Rocksmith. Was a great presentation by Ubi all in all.

Missed most of the Sony presser, but highlights seem to be:
Uncharted 4
Little Big Planet 3
Plus a few games for 2015, and a couple of last gen games being ported to current gen.
Sounds like I didn't miss much tbh.