https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: E3 2014  (Read 12356 times)

Offline jman

Re: E3 2014
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2014, 06:39:04 AM »
A rainbow six sequel? Really? Awesome!!  :D

Yeah I had a quick snoop at sonys conference, wasn't a knockout was it, didn't sound terrible though, but not going to win any Xbox fans over that's for sure.

Did they mention morpheus at all?

Offline Late

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2014, 09:45:40 AM »
Yeah, but only for about five seconds to say they've brought a couple of prototypes to the conference for people to try out.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2014, 10:18:51 AM »
Sony's would have been a bit weak had it not been for the Uncharted reveal. Just a few highlights in their show for me: No Man's Sky, Phantom Pain and Arkham Knight all looked awesome. No Man's Sky the only exclusive but AK will apparently have an exclusive Scarecrow nightmare mission or something. Full exclusives seem to be a thing of the past, now it's all timed-exclusive betas and DLC! PS4 users also get access to the Destiny beta before XB1 users, and they get a chance to play it in its alpha state. I'm not overly fussed about Destiny. Apparently the most expensive game to produce ever at $500m and it looks like every other FPS on the market with a bit of Borderlands thrown in. Yawn.

Playstation Now sounded cool, and since I can get it on my PS3 I don't really need to upgrade yet, although it probably won't hit Europe for a while. Playstation TV was uninimpressive. They didn't explain it too well but from what I gathered it's a $99 box that allows you to play PS4 games remotely (in a room different from the one your PS4 is in) and you can also access PS Now on it.

Like I say, nothing that makes me want to buy a PS4, although I will get one at some point. Maybe next year/2016. Something about The Last Guardian would have whetted my appetite. The games I really want to hear about this gen just don't seem to materialising at the moment. Something from Valve/Rockstar/Bethesda would really get me excited.

Offline jman

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2014, 10:50:08 AM »
EA's conference was supposed to be very weak.. I didn't see it.. but I did see the new NHL 15 trailer.. and it looks fantastic.. will be a day 1 purchase for me - cant believe how much mileage I got out of NHL 14.. still play it every other weekend for a few hours round a mates house.. currently in our 3rd playoff series - its 1-1 at the moment, he won with Chicago Blackhawks and I won it with Tampa Bay Lightning about a month ago..

Offline harv

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2014, 06:03:55 PM »
Meh...Nintendo are releasing their third consecutive cel-shaded Zelda >:(

Bayonetta 2 has the first game included on the disc ;D

No sign of Pokemon NFC figures which is surprising. :-\

Splatoon looked pretty cool. ;D

Yoshi's Woolly World looks awesome ;D

Hyrule Warriors looks awesome ;D

Not a bad E3 from Nintendo altogether, the Treehouse is going to be very interesting.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2014, 09:34:10 PM »
Zelda news good even if it is gay cel shaded, the rest of it looks shit ( apart from X )

Offline harv

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2014, 11:19:37 PM »
Were you not impressed by Hyrule Warriors..? It's looking fantastic :o

Looks like Nintendo are going to have two VERY good candidates for GOTY both this year and next year in Mario Kart 8 and X. The scale of the first Xenoblade Chronicles game was jaw dropping but X takes it to a completely different level. Was watching gameplay of it on the Treehouse and it really is looking exceptional.

I still don't know how Monolith managed to squeeze Xenoblade Chronicles onto the Wii, it's probably the most technically impressive game released last generation. It really shouldn't have been possible. :o :-\ :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2014, 09:22:14 AM »
Microsoft Conference
COD : Advanced Warfare
Forza Horizon 2
Evolve
Assassins Creed Unity
Dragon Age Inquisition
Sunset Overdrive
Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus a
Dance Central Spotlight
Fable Legends
Project Spark
Ori & The Blind Forest
Master Chief Collection
Halo 5 Guardians Multiplayer
Inside (Limbo Sequel)
Rise of The Tomb Raider
Witcher 3
Phantom Dust
The Division
ScaleBound
Crackdown

EA Conference
Star Wars Battlefront 3
Mass Effect 4
The Sims 4
UFC (with Bruce Lee)
NHL 15
Untitled Criterion Game
PGA Tour 15
Madden 15
Dawngate
Fifa 15
Mirrors Edge 2
Battlefield Hardline

Ubisoft Conference
Far Cry 4
Just Dance 2015
The Division
The Crew
Assassins Creed Unity
Shape Up
Valiant Hearts
Rainbow Six Siege

Sony Conference
Destiny
The Order 1886
Entwined
Imfamous : First Light
LittleBigPlanet 3
BloodBorne
Far Cry 4
Dead Island 2
Magicka 2
Grim Fandango (Announcement)
Let It Die
Abzu
No Man's Sky
Batman: Arkham Knight
Mortal Kombat X
The Last Of Us Remastered
Metal Gear Solid 5 : The Phantom Pain
Uncharted 4 : A Thief's End

Nintendo Conference
Super Smash Bros
Yoshi's Wooly World
Captain Toad : Treasure Tracker
Legend of Zelda
Pokemon Omega Red and Alpha Sapphire
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Splatoon
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Xenoblade Chronicles
Mario Maker

Misc
Civilization : Beyond Earth
Shadow Of Mordor
Final Fantasy XIV
BattleCry
Gauntlet : Relics
Dying Light
Doom 4
Alien Isolation
Lego Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham
The Evil Within

I've only just seen the Doom 4 teaser... OMG cant wait  ;D ;D
There's absolutely loads more of games I haven't listed.. most of them are mainly smartphone/tablet/arcade type games though.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:23:37 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2014, 01:25:41 PM »
Great work Kieran  8)

Halo Collection was initially priced at £65 on Amazon (which to be fair is a great bargain, but seemsa tad ridiculous when it's $60 stateside) - but it's now £50 on both Game and Amazon.
Would happily pay that, but hopefully we'll see it cheaper in the next few months.

Edit - £44 at Zavvi. Great price and I've never had any problems with the Hut Group, but I know a lot of folk hate them due to late or missing orders.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:28:12 PM by Late »
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2014, 02:33:31 PM »
Nice - I've gone with that £44 - although if it reduces even more I'll just cancel my order

Offline stupac

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2014, 10:39:37 PM »
Only seen the EA and Ubisoft conferences so far. Still need to watch the Sony one.

A few games I'm interested in. I love Assassins Creed so obviously AC Unity looks good.

The Crew looked good. 2 hour road trip missions across the US sounds cool. I'm definitely more interested in The Crew than Driveclub. Same with the Criterion game. I had NFS Most Wanted which was brilliant so if it's like that (but obviously better we hope) then that will be on the list.

Mirrors Edge looks cool and it's something different as I didn't play the original but yeah that looks fun.

I was excited when The Sims 4 came on until i realised it was obviously just for PC but looking forward to that when it comes to PS4/Xbox One.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline harv

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2014, 11:14:41 PM »
I wonder if the Wii U version of Bayonetta 1 is going to be locked at 60fps..? Should be the definitive version given the difference in power between the Wii U and the 360. The 360 version dipped to 40-odd fps here and there and the screen tearing was awful apparently.

Going to watch the Bayonetta part of the Treehouse later I think. ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2014, 12:48:31 AM »
Never did finish Bayonetta. Pile o' crap, mate.

Offline jman

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2014, 08:01:56 AM »
I concur.. when they say it's a "niche" game.. it basically means, not many people liked it.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2014, 09:21:41 PM »
What are Mistwalker up to these days? Surely it's about time for Lost Odyssey 2, or just any JRPG? :(

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-27-looks-like-final-fantasy-creator-sakaguchis-next-game-is-terra-battle

Looks like I found my answer... Bloody smartphones...