https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 104216 times)

Offline Late

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2013, 07:25:43 PM »
Dibs is dibs!
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2013, 05:15:21 AM »

This really isn't going to end well lololol ;D ;D ;D

Could they really do any more to fuck up this console any worse..? :o :-\ :o

They must be doing this on purpose, surely..? :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2013, 09:23:26 PM »
I wouldn't take too much notice of the Xbox twitter account, they get a lot of information wrong, including that piece as they confirmed afterwards that they were referencing the 360 in that question.

The game sharing feature on the other hand still seems legit and would be a massive plus although ms fucked up their pr so much, the ps4 is definitely going to outsell it by a large majority at launch.

Offline harv

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2013, 09:32:49 AM »

I'm loving a lot of these pics that have been appearing these last few weeks lol ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2013, 01:27:35 PM »
Harv, did you buy your Wii U from Zavvi and if so, did you get it on release day ?

Offline harv

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2013, 06:51:14 PM »
Yes and yes, I was quite surprised tbh. ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2013, 10:14:25 PM »
Its a bit of a jip that 360 accessories don't work with the Xbox One.. this includes controllers, headsets and such...considering there's a fair few changes to the controller, it hasn't really changed in its functionality so not sure why you have to replace them.  Could understand with the Dualshock 4 as there's been plenty of changes... probably the best change was to make L2 and R2 more trigger based.. I never understood why a controller needed 2 sets of bumpers instead of using natural shoulder triggers.  The touchpad just seems like an unnecessary extra though.

Still the 360 is by far the best controller around at the moment and the X1 controller looks like its managed to improve it even further.. the addition of trigger based feedback is truly next-gen...although I'm not totally sold on the Xbox Guide position change.

Offline jman

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2013, 10:42:42 PM »
Apparently Microsoft are backing down on ALL its DRM policies and its used game policy!  :o

Confirmed via the official Xbox facebook feed, and various other sites but with so much information around now - its all a bit confusing still as to what is going on now.. but this is great news.. one thing that will be impacted by this is the digital sharing will no longer be a feature which is a disappointment.  Hopefully be able to find some concrete information in the morning.

But, with identical features to the PS4 and a far better game line-up... quite safe to say that I'll be getting an X1 at launch now.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:48:30 PM by jman »

Offline Late

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2013, 11:00:43 PM »
Amazed at this news. They needed to do it, though, to stand a chance this generation. Ps4 was about to piss all over it.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2013, 11:07:50 PM »
Great to hear, just goes to show what can happen when consumers take a stand ;D

Offline jman

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2013, 08:10:35 AM »
So... the new policies with the Xbox One :

The console no longer needs to check in at all.. they have scrapped the whole 24hr check-in malarkey... so all offline games can be played totally offline.  You only need to be online once during system set-up and that's it.. I presume this is to download a system update to enable this function.

Used games are going to be how they are working on the 360.. so all games will require the disc in the drive to operate (unless you've bought a digital copy of a game).  This means you don't have to install your games to the hard-drive.

They also announced that the console is going to be region-free.

The notion of "Family Sharing" has been scrapped due to this, so you'll just share the game disc (instead of the proposed digital sharing) and also downloaded titles cannot be resold.

Official Statement

This is certainly good news, whilst I do think that Microsoft were trying to push the boundaries and step into the unknown.. some of their policies just didn't make sense.  The family sharing idea sounded awesome and I'm a bit gutted that its been totally scrapped, but I guess its for the greater good - being able to still buy and play used games is exactly what I wanted.  Cancelled my PS4 pre-order this morning... apart from the lower price point, there is no other appeal now.

Offline Late

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2013, 09:38:20 AM »
Part of me is disappointed. I liked the idea of sharing games digitally, and I liked the idea of not needing to put the disk in the drive every time you want to play it.
But all in all, this move was absolutely necessary. I think they were going to take a massive beating next gen, until this announcement - but now they're right back in the running.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2013, 11:09:42 AM »
Doesn't really change my mind about which way I'm swaying. The PS4 is still looking the better option.

Offline Late

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Kudos to whomever christened this U-Turn the "Xbox 180"! 

Offline harv

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2013, 08:41:32 PM »
Awesome lololol