https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Olympics opening ceremony  (Read 4255 times)

Offline styles

Olympics opening ceremony
« on: July 27, 2012, 10:57:22 PM »
Take a bow Danny Boyle!!
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline bealec

Re: Olympics opening ceremony
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 11:18:26 PM »
German guy throwing nazi salutes caught on camera....what the hell.

Offline styles

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 11:38:19 PM »
Lol, spotted that myself
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 12:29:28 AM »
Should have shown Spitfires and Wellington Bombers flying through the air...and a faithful recreation of Dresden burning lol. Or at least had a WWI tank. Changed the first World War that little beauty. Or a giant replica of the Mills Bomb aka a grenade with a pin, another great invention. Harrier Jump Jet..? Maybe a recreation of the Battle of Rourke's Drift.

Most of our finest achievements have been on the battlefield throughout history against most of the competing nations lol ;D

And was I the only one expecting a 9ft tall representation of Herne The Hunter to come out of that oak tree..? Or am I the only Pagan in the house..? Lololol :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 02:17:47 PM »
Parts of it were okay, the torch itself at the end in particular, the sequence with Bond and the Queen was good. Mostly though I found it boring pretentious crap. 

Laughable lauding British history when we have gone completely to rats in the last 30 years, losing national identity, failing economy.

They also didn't bring history forward to the present in which they could have had greedy bankers stealing from the crowd, miserable MPs burning those NHS beds and helping construction companies burn and build on those green and pleasant lands.

Self agrandising pish. We know Danny Boyle's now got his knighthood alongside Beckham.

And if Boris Johnson really thinks that show outdid Beijing for spectacle, he needs to start taking his medication again.

Oh and also pisses me right off that they can give licenses for concerts in Hyde Park to go on until 1 a.m for bands like Snow Patrol when Springsteen gets shut down at 10.41. Bloody joke.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline bealec

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 03:51:05 PM »
Grumble grumble grumble. Cheer up you miserable bugger ;)

I thought it was brilliant and better then Beijing. We had real fireworks and real kids singing for one. Beijing's ceremony was all fake and cost a helluva lot more then ours did.

Offline harv

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »
It was impressive but the music part went on for too long and unfortunately displayed just how bad things have become in terms of musical ability. Going from the greats such as The Beatles, The Stones, Mike Oldfield, The Who and Queen to a load of rave/rap/hiphop bollocks. Quite depressing tbh. There aren't going to be any more Daltreys, Townsends, Mays, Mercurys. No more great British guitarists or songwriters.

The music industry has gone right down the toilet during the last 27 years (the decline began in the mid 80s imo) and it isn't going to get any better.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 05:46:08 PM »
Didn't watch it last night - not interested and it was clearly going to be shite.

But after seeing a few highlights and the tabloids I gave it a watch (skipping the boring bits) and tbh I'm impressed. Loved the Bond/Queen bit. Rowan Atkinson was okay. And the flaming flower/cauldron was a work of art.

Well done Boyle and the team.

Lol @ Macca messing up the timing on Hey Jude.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...