https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Video Games Thread  (Read 683303 times)

Offline harv

Re: Video Games Thread
« Reply #3720 on: February 06, 2017, 07:05:05 PM »
Just bought a big fuck off scanner for my ship, 1.5m credits :o ;D

It basically scans in an entire system when you use it. Other scanners in the game have a set range which means that some systems have to be scanned more than once. Getting that has severely increased my insurance though. Every time my ship gets blown to pieces I'll have to fork out around 250,000 credits to get a replacement ship :o

Still mining, I wish I had started doing this ages ago. It doesn't sound like much fun - you enter an asteroid field, fire a prospector drone at an asteroid to see what's in it, if it's worth mining you fire your mining laser into it to chip bits off it and then get collector drones to pick up the pieces and put into your refinery - but it's insanely addictive for some reason. Plus you have the odd pirate attack every now and then to break things up a bit.

I'm getting anywhere between 100,000 and 300,000 credits from each trip so it's a decent earner. After getting that scanner I've only got around 1.7m credits to my name so I need to start earning again. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #3721 on: February 20, 2017, 09:02:26 AM »
Utterly addicted to Fallout Shelter... great little side game - made even better with achievements which feel very well balanced.

Halo Wars 2 out tomorrow - first halo title I haven't pre-ordered.. mainly because I've just had to shell out over a grand for car repairs in the last 2 months amongst other things.. fucking clutch went and then had to replace the rear brake pads, discs and calipers the other day.  I'll pick it up on pay-day.. provided they don't chuck the price up too much.

Offline harv

« Reply #3722 on: February 20, 2017, 06:42:37 PM »
Over a grand..? :o

It would have been cheaper to buy a new car!!! :P

Have just finished playing The Assembly, which is a game in first person with puzzles. Not too difficult as far as the challenges goes but it's a good story and, being an Unreal Engine 4 game, it looks great. Can be playing in VR or flat but the best experience of course is in VR. Cost 15 quid and is around 3 hours long I think so it's a bit pricey but I really enjoyed it. The voice of the female lead is REALLY familiar, not too sure what she's been in but I know that voice from somewhere.

My enjoyment of the game was hampered by the Touch controls being lumbered with snap/comfort turning which I couldn't manage to turn off so I just played it with the gamepad instead which is a shame.

Now that I've got my tracking issues sorted out for my Touch controllers I think I'm going for Doom 3 in VR next, I loved that game back in the day and will quite happily play through it again. ;D

Have also been meaning to play through some of my flat backlog of games on Steam using VorpX but I haven't got around to doing that either. The first Bioshock game is supposed to be amazeballs in VR so I'm going to have to give that a go soon.

I'm still hoping that Sega and Valve are going to announce that Alien Isolation and Half Life 2 are going to have VR patches. So frustrating that neither one of them have done this yet, they had VR support ages ago and whilst it wasn't perfect they're two of the best VR experiences of all time apparently before they patched the VR out.

I also need to get back into The Climb now that my Touch controllers are back in action, it's hands-down the best VR game out there at the moment imo, and I've only done the Easy and Medium difficulty climbs for each region so far...I need to do both Boulder climbs in each region and the Hard difficulty climbs for each region too. Problem is that I'm not too good with heights so I have to play the game in small doses otherwise my legs tend to go a bit wobbly lol :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #3723 on: February 23, 2017, 01:41:53 PM »
lol.. theres a launch game for the Switch (in japan) that actually exceeds the entire hard-drive capacity Link

This could only happen to Nintendo lol

Offline harv

« Reply #3724 on: February 23, 2017, 08:49:01 PM »
Whoops lol

Going to be interesting to see how it sells, it's had a shitload of pre-orders so far. Not interested myself, not even for the new Zelda. :o

Offline harv

« Reply #3725 on: February 24, 2017, 02:50:56 PM »
Zenimax have now tried for an injunction against Oculus lol. This is just an attempt to get the parties to pay up the dosh and settle rather than continuing with their appeal because once they settle there's a condition that stops Zenimax taking any further legal action. They know that they can't afford to pay for a long drawn out appeal process for 4 or 5 years.

Offline jman

« Reply #3726 on: February 25, 2017, 11:19:09 PM »
Just seen the first advert for 1 2 switch... Cringe-worthy is not enough...it's looks truly fucking tragic.  Seeing as Gamestop have announced they will be able to sell consoles on release date to anyone that wants one, I'd say the number of pre-orders are going to be pretty low

Offline harv

« Reply #3727 on: February 26, 2017, 09:59:53 PM »
Nope. It's actually had more pre-orders than the PS4 so far apparently which has REALLY surprised me. :o

Offline jman

« Reply #3728 on: February 27, 2017, 08:07:28 AM »
Well the numbers will speak for itself... since they are not sold-out in N/A or the UK and the games line-up is probably the poorest I've ever seen from any console... I'd be surprised!

Offline harv

« Reply #3729 on: February 27, 2017, 02:34:31 PM »
Yup, I can't believe that they've given it such a poor launch line-up but Zelda coming on day one is going to be huge. I might go for a Switch if/when Nintendo jump on the VR bandwagon but otherwise I'm not going anywhere near it. Once you go VR you never go flat lol :o ;D

Obduction is getting Touch controller support on the 22nd March so I reckon I'm going to buy that then, it's from the Myst developers and is supposed to be awesome in VR.

There's also an update for SuperHOT VR coming soon too which is going to add replay value to it, challenge modes and stuff.

I need to get a third sensor at some point too so that I can do room scale VR better. I've got two sensors in opposing corners at the moment but it isn't ideal. You get a fair bit of occlusion. Will get that sorted out in May or June when I have a few quid to spend.

We've also got Robo Recall from Epic being released on the Oculus Store some time next month and it's going to be free, which is awesome! Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sFqN72Fim0

I love the idea of pulling a robot's arms and legs off and beating them to death with them lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3730 on: March 01, 2017, 06:48:29 PM »
Nice! Epic have just announced that Robo Recall is available right now! Awesome!!! 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3731 on: March 01, 2017, 06:56:07 PM »
Wow. Talk about a Megaton!!! Oculus have just announced a price cut for the Rift and Touch controllers, $100 off each one. That's HUGE :o

Great news for VR! Awesome!!! ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3732 on: March 01, 2017, 11:09:09 PM »
Fucking hell, Robo Recall is fucking AMAZING :o

Bullet Train was brilliant but Robo Recall is at a completely different level. And it has full mod support on day one too, including the source code being available. I can see this game getting new regular content for YEARS. If this game wasn't free I'd be quite happy to pay full price for it. Pulling arms, legs and heads off robots never gets old lololol 8)

Just played the first couple of levels so far and it is SO much fun. Not too keen on the teleport mechanic but it wouldn't surprise me if someone is working on a stick locomotion mod as I'm typing this, it's only single player too but it won't be long before we see a multiplayer mod soon too.

That's $10m well spent, Oculus. Very well spent. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #3733 on: March 02, 2017, 10:37:31 PM »
And the modders have started, this one is quite amusing lmfao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FErVcDR8-9g

;D ;D ;D

Won't be long before we see a few Star Wars and Walking Dead mods I reckon 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #3734 on: March 03, 2017, 01:54:43 AM »
Hmmmm...this game appears to be easy to play but difficult to master, either that or I'm just pants at it lol ;D ;D ;D

It's quite a work out too once you get into it and start throwing robots about :o