https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Pre-Season Friendly Thread  (Read 56417 times)

Offline jman

Re: The Pre-Season Friendly Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2013, 04:59:18 AM »
Bugger, was in Miami last week and thought it was a bit weird seeing a few Chelsea signs around, didn't frickin realise we are actually playing at the sun life stadium there on Wednesday against real, we drove past it on way to Orlando, it's huge!  Could of sorted something out had I known sooner, as it is, going back to Miami on Saturday instead  >:(

Can't do first home game, but have got tickets for the villa game, pretty sure my 100% home record will stay intact  8)

Offline harv

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2013, 06:26:33 PM »
Vidic and Nani back from injury, no Roonster because he's got a 'shoulder injury'.

Henriquez is on the bench, very interested to see him play because there's been a fair amount of hype about the young Chilean.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2013, 06:48:04 PM »
Wow, it's looking like having a new manager has lit a fire under Nani's bum, he's been great for these first 15 minutes. Good to see.

This is looking like a good test for United, AIK are unbeaten in 10 matches and certainly aren't pulling any punches. :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2013, 07:04:19 PM »
Aw bollocks, Nani off injured...Henriquez comes on after 30 minutes :(

Offline harv

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2013, 07:28:35 PM »
0-0 at halftime, plenty of chances for both sides and some excellent saves from both keepers. I'll be really surprised if this ends up goalless. Henriquez hasn't impressed too much which is disappointing but he only had 15 minutes so will be patient. :P

Offline harv

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2013, 07:38:34 PM »
Aw bollocks, a cracking shot left Amos with no chance and puts AIK a goal up :'(

Offline harv

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2013, 07:40:09 PM »
Double bollocks, Evans injured now >:(

Offline harv

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2013, 08:22:59 PM »
1-1 final score and a fair result 8)

Shame we picked up another couple of injuries but no big deal.

Offline AVFCRoss

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2013, 10:11:47 PM »
1-1 final score and a fair result 8)

Shame we picked up another couple of injuries but no big deal.

2 wins out of 6 in pre-season for United now...

I know it's only really pre-season, but given the way you always bleat on about how good Man United's strength in depth is, it's a little bit concerning your deeper reaches of the squad are failing to put away teams that would struggle in League 1 and 2.

Offline harv

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2013, 11:07:28 PM »
Just wait until the season starts mate. Even with our nightmare fixtures at the start of the season we should still be in the top 4 after Christmas. And the transfer window doesn't close until 2nd September so there's plenty of time to get a new player or two.

One interesting thing is that Anderson is another player that's had a fire lit up his bum. Not sure if it's down to the yoof players coming through or because there was a problem between him and Fergie but he's played the best during these pre-season friendlies since we signed him.

I'm quite confident we'll retain the Premiership this season, and that's even if we let the Roonster go and don't sign anyone.

Offline bealec

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2013, 07:08:39 AM »
Isn't it funny how players put in performances during the transfer window?

Face it Rooney's just the first rat off the sinking ship.

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2013, 11:09:34 PM »
Well going into our final friendly on Saturday against Celtic we've had a good pre-season in terms of results:

Preston - won 4-0
Indonesia - won 2-0
Melbourne Victory - won 2-0
Thailand - won 3-0
Olympiacos - won 2-0
Valerenga - won 4-1

More important than the results is that the team is looking sharp and our new signings have looked decent - Iago Aspas getting 5 goals over the 6 games. If Sturridge isn't fit and Suarez goes, he could end up starting upfront in our first league game against Stoke, so it's been good to observe his clever movement and neat tricks and flicks. Hopefully he can produce the goods when the time comes.

Offline bealec

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2013, 03:25:14 PM »
What's your feelings on the Suarez situation Kenny? Most Liverpool fans I know don't want him anywhere near the team again.

Offline harv

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »
If I were a Gooner, as desperate for decent players as they are, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club either. The bloke is a disgrace. :-\

Whoever he ends up playing for this season coming up should make sure they keep him fed lol :o :-[ ;D :P

Offline ancelotti

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »
What's your feelings on the Suarez situation Kenny? Most Liverpool fans I know don't want him anywhere near the team again.

Would be glad to see the back of him. Ideally to someone other than Arsenal though for 3 reasons:

1) By strengthening Arsenal we will effectively rule out any chance of making the top 4.

2) If he has a good season there, Madrid, PSG or some other filthy rich club will probably come in and take him off Arsenal, making them a profit in the process.

3) Their £40,000,001 bid was an insult.