https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Pre-Season Friendly Thread  (Read 56432 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Pre-Season Friendly Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2013, 07:00:15 PM »
Could have been a bigger insult: £40,000,000.01 :P

They actually bid 99p more than they needed to lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2013, 10:02:03 PM »
Aw bollocks, had a bad hypo and missed Rio's testimonial >:(

We ended up losing 1-3 :o

The way we've been going with our pre-season we might end up getting relegated lololol ;D

Charity Shield on Sunday (I'm refusing to call it the Community Shield cos it sounds shite imo) so it's Moyes' first attempt at a trophy since joining United. 8)

I think that Adnan should have done enough during pre-season to get a start against Wigan, he's been absolutely phenomenal. If Iwwere Moyesie I'd be tempted to drop all attempts to sign a midfield playmaker and stick with him.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline styles

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2013, 10:33:36 AM »
Very nice finishing in Arsenal's 3-1 win against citeh.  Even without Suarez we are looking good.  Giroud has been banging them in for fun, yes a lot came against lesser quality opponents, but they were of the same quality as yanited faced.  He scored another nice goal against citeh so is doing it at all levels.  Can see him getting 20+ goals this season.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline jman

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2014, 07:54:55 AM »
I'm quite confident we'll retain the Premiership this season, and that's even if we let the Roonster go and don't sign anyone.

Before I post anything, just got to lol at this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, I'll do a harv now... Chelsea beat Wycombe 5-0 last night.. must mean we are going to win the title this season  ;D
Plus Bamford scored and had a great game.. must mean he's the best young striker in the premier league and he'll get loads of game time this season  ;D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:56:27 AM by jman »

Offline harv

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2014, 09:36:17 AM »
Lol, that's because I wasn't expecting Moyes to be quite as tactically inept as he was :-[ :(

Things are going to be VERY different next season 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2014, 02:16:12 PM »
What bright spark decided that our first pre-season game should kick off at 4am UK time..?

Bet it was bloody Moyes lol

Offline harv

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2014, 04:08:27 AM »
Van Gaal's first United lineup:

De Gea

Smalling Jones Evans

Valencia Herrera Fletch Shaw

Mata

Roonster Welbeck

So 3-4-1-2 (or for those of us that are old fashioned 3-5-2 with an attacking midfielder in the hole).

Quite happy with that. A tough test for United, LA Galaxy are 17 games into their season so their match fitness and match sharpness is far superior and the players for United are working on a new way of playing. Robbie Keane is also in great form, 9 goals in 15 matches.

Going to be interesting to see how this turns out. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2014, 04:23:22 AM »
Great work from Mata and a fantastic strike from Welbeck puts United a goal up. Quite an open game so far, Mata and Herrera have put in some great work in these first 15 minutes. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2014, 04:54:23 AM »
The Roonster gets number 2 with a penalty. Galaxy started to get into the game a bit more around the 30 minute mark for about 5 minutes but we've got control of the game again now. Our passing movement is back again, as are our lovely triangles. Herrera and Fletch are in control of the midfield.

And the Roonster gets number 3. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2014, 05:04:30 AM »
3-0 at halftime, am expecting 11 changes lol ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2014, 05:51:37 AM »
Reece James with number 4.

I wasn't expecting us to win this tbh, and certainly wasn't expecting it to be this easy.

A brace for James makes it 5-0. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2014, 05:58:25 AM »
Young makes it 6-0. :o ;D ;D ;D

Herrera has been Man Of The Match for me, a great debut.

Make that 7. A brace for Young. ;D ;D ;D

And that's fulltime. Nice. 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2014, 07:42:56 AM »
Does that mean you are going to win the league now harv ?  ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2014, 10:15:09 AM »
We'll have to wait and see how they do against better opposition, although LA Galaxy are a decent side to be fair. And we're doing better than we were during last season's pre-season friendlies already. If I remember correctly we won 2, drew 2 and lost 3.

I have already said that we'll win the Premiership next season though. We've got a manager with plenty of tactical nouse who likes his teams to play fast-paced attacking and counter attacking football. Our passing movement is back, our triangles are back and in Herrera we have a player in the middle of the park that's able and willing to deliver Scholes-esque diagonal balls with accuracy to players out wide.

We've got a difficult group in this pre-season competition though.

Offline harv

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2014, 02:39:13 PM »
Next up is Roma on Saturday, Inter on Wednesday and Real Madras the following Saturday. Citeh and the red scouse gits have got things a little easier with Olympiakos and AC Milan in their group. The winners of each group play each other in the Final for the mickey mouse trophy.

At least 3 matches that are going to be a good test for United and their new setup.

Going to be interesting to see what sort of signings he's going to make, we need cover in central defence and at left back as well as maybe a central holding midfielder. But we could see him giving the yoof a decent shot, perhaps..? :-\